comycus

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

this shows comy is really working, unlike some of us eat snake, hahahahahhahahahahahahaha

God Blessed all who appreciate His wonderful and beautiful creations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my first reef aquarium 15jan2010

3x2x2ft EOS 10mm tank with sump//deltec sc2060 skimmer//arctica 1/10hp chiller

maxpect g2 170w led//vortech mp40w wavemaker//eheim 1262 universal pump

eheim compact+ 3000 chiller pump//caribsea ocean direct live sands 40lbs

and other misc...

• SRC Member

Hahaa yes I'm intending to give my tank a good scrub tonight... but no pics yet, I'm alittle 'pantang' the last few times I posted pics, dunno why my fish decided he didn't like the attention and up lorry. Nothing much also la, like i said, it's like a fowlr tank now already.

haha just need to clear my work before my boss goes on long leave next week. tt's why yesterday abit peevey (some of you might have noticed tt through my posts :ph34r: )

• SRC Member

AHHAHA well done comy... glad that at least your PBT is doing well... haiz.. mine was terrorized first day by the YT and probnably stress + water with itch.. and kena sai... haiz... enough for now la for me.. I waitz... but i'm really glad your PBT is doing well.. next time I go hillview, you have GOT TO BE THERE to let me see see.. :)

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member

looks like maxpect LEDs? :)

and other misc...

Welcome to the Max S club, Bro! What took you so long? :P

which model did you get? - 170W?

Shld have asked you to get something for me from Razali..... the blue LEDs....

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

Welcome to the Max S club, Bro! What took you so long? :P

which model did you get? - 170W?

Shld have asked you to get something for me from Razali..... the blue LEDs....

yup, I think the 30w LEDs would be overkill for my tank la...

Haha u missed me again, next time I should report to u, see whether u can tompang anything :)

anyway, zeozym really rocks! 2 dosages and my red slime is on the retreat... Hope it disappears by next week! I found out the cause of my rampant algae growth... Po4 is 0.1!!! Added in a new batch of rowa this morning. And my dkh is at a disgustingly low 5+... have to start raising it slowly this week. No3 is amazingly still at zero!

Comy,

Cannot express how happy I am to see u testing your params again and your effort in trying to clear the red algae.

Jia you!

Hows the comet doing?

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

Just an idea of how bright these LEDs actually are:

post-16489-12722085864899_thumb.jpg

I actually managed to take this pic of my organ pipe, one of my few remaining corals at ISO 100 with all my wavemakers still on! I used to use ISO 400 under my T5 lights, so I think based on my camera's judgement, the tank is indeed brighter.

The level of detail captured at ISO 100 really makes a whole lot of difference :)

• SRC Member

:eyebrow: yes it is. remember we discussed over it at my place?

brighter is gooda.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

Beautiful!

I always shoot at iso800 or more! Haha. No wonder I dun get that much details.

:eyebrow: yes it is. remember we discussed over it at my place?

brighter is gooda.

Yup yup, but then again, my camera v. noob la, tt's why iso 400 can see some noise already... :paiseh:

Loving my new toy!

• SRC Member

I'm gonna dispel once and for all there is no such thing as a comy fts syndrome...

post-16489-12722125324842_thumb.jpg

:ph34r: taken under my new night light of course. Don't worry, you're not missing much... As you can see, almost zero corals left in the tank. I've been running it like tt for almost 2 mths.

btw, anyone knows how to switch off the night light? Don't like the idea of it being switched as long as all other lights are off...

• SRC Member

nice :) u got the 170w or the 230w? ;)

and other misc...

• SRC Member

nice :) u got the 170w or the 230w? ;)

170W of course, pocket not so deep :(

Ask you something, what is your max temperature shown on your controller when all lights are switched on? And is there any way for me to switch off my moonlight?

• SRC Member

170W of course, pocket not so deep :(

Ask you something, what is your max temperature shown on your controller when all lights are switched on? And is there any way for me to switch off my moonlight?

max temp is 41 to 42 when all lights up. to switch off moonlights, u gotta switch off the switch at the left of the controller :) but i leave my moonlight on, only 8w so cant cost much and think fishes like it bcos very cosy..hehe :)

however, the 3 light setting i still not very sure. on the far right is the blue, middle is all the white, left is partial white and partial blue i think.

and other misc...

• SRC Member

max temp is 41 to 42 when all lights up. to switch off moonlights, u gotta switch off the switch at the left of the controller :) but i leave my moonlight on, only 8w so cant cost much and think fishes like it bcos very cosy..hehe :)

however, the 3 light setting i still not very sure. on the far right is the blue, middle is all the white, left is partial white and partial blue i think.

Thx for clarifying bro, I feel safer now coz my temperature also hovered around 40-41 this afternoon.

Hmmm I was playing ard with the settings just now.

Blue setting is the blue leds,

Middle White is the white leds,

Left white is the violet leds, much dimmer than the rest. I use this to start up my lighting period so the fishes don't get shocked.

• SRC Member

got violet leds meh? oh ok, i use blue first then the rest all up after an hour.

and other misc...