comy's newbie tank

comycus

• SRC Member

Lucky u...your rhizos are opening big big...These few days, my goby decided to dump a lot of sand into all my Rhizos and now they dun open much...darn...shouldn't have bought a goby last time... :angry:

Tank journal??? Nah...dun think so...Might just do a simple one lah...FTS pic when rockscape is up...FTS pic when all corals and fishes are in... :D

Any other fantastic corals at GO? Any supersuns and special zoos/mushies/brains in this shipment?

My supersun is recovering slowly...but will still need at least a week or 2 at least before it recovers fully.

Last night itchy fingure put my brain beside my acan. This morning, found my brain half dead...Now in intensive care...hope will recover soon... :fear:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member
Lucky u...your rhizos are opening big big...These few days, my goby decided to dump a lot of sand into all my Rhizos and now they dun open much...darn...shouldn't have bought a goby last time... :angry:

Tank journal??? Nah...dun think so...Might just do a simple one lah...FTS pic when rockscape is up...FTS pic when all corals and fishes are in... :D

Any other fantastic corals at GO? Any supersuns and special zoos/mushies/brains in this shipment?

My supersun is recovering slowly...but will still need at least a week or 2 at least before it recovers fully.

Last night itchy fingure put my brain beside my acan. This morning, found my brain half dead...Now in intensive care...hope will recover soon... :fear:

yeah itchy fingers always the corals suffer... hmmm got some normal indo zoas, but nice colouration. Does tt count? Lots of nice bubbles.

• SRC Member
bro, I don't mind. Chalice can frag?

btw am I looking for trouble if I put my Torch near my Hammer? Kinda running out of space in my present scape...

I believe they can be put near each other as they are of the same family so will not harm each other... :P

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
yeah itchy fingers always the corals suffer... hmmm got some normal indo zoas, but nice colouration. Does tt count? Lots of nice bubbles.

Bubbles...not really that interested in them leh. Anyway, can only consider buying after I get my 3ft tank cycled... :eyebrow:

Now waiting for the pics from rb for their aussie shipment... :rolleyes:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• Senior Reefer
I believe they can be put near each other as they are of the same family so will not harm each other... :P

not quite true. although literature states that all euphillids can be placed together since they are of the same family, i have observed severe stinging of two different Euphyllias together, with one of them being severely compramised. in other words, one win the other one lose :(

however, i have also encountered hammer, torch and octo all being placed in close proximity and none being stung. this 2 occasions in my tank before. one way i learn is to brush the two corals together. if they touch each other but never stick, means its ok. if the tentacles annd stick together, means they are incompatible and are stinging each other. im not sure why this is so...could just be the individual coral

• Senior Reefer
Really??? Normally going to die once get shrink. Hope you can recover it. I already give up...

Lemonlemon keep it how long? Is it more than 6 months?

yes koji. have kept elegance for more than 6 months

• SRC Supporter
That's good news. Now my vortech work properly. What mode do you like to use?

I used to use Yellow mode and Blue mode with palse. Hope nothing problem in the future...

you have a nice tank, just need proper start up.

clear your pest away first. i believe if you want we can volunteer to help you. 1 day mess and everything will be back to normal and even better :)

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• SRC Member
yes,prodibio ok? in a box of 60s please!

Lol I m gonna have to put my rocks in 2 containers, so will setup 2 skimmers n pumps... Think Im gonna get shouted at by my mom soon!

Sigh elegance is not doing well... Will prob be forced to throw it away soon

• SRC Member

Wow...U dun have large containers? Why need to put ur rocks in 2 containers? Can show pic of ur elegance?

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
Wow...U dun have large containers? Why need to put ur rocks in 2 containers? Can show pic of ur elegance?

Lol will take pics tonight n try to upload... my laptop's giving me problem again.

I don't have container large enough to fit the rocks.1 toyogo box fit 1 rock only

haha

• SRC Member

How big are your rocks??? Or maybe I should ask how small are your toyogo containers??? :P

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
haha rocks are big la... my favourite one is big enough to occupy about half my tank already. :eyebrow: sounds exciting?

Wow...Huge rock... :eyebrow: Can occupy half ur tank...so rock is 1.5 x 1 x 1....Mini Mt Fuji liao... :whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member

Eh...ask u...how much sand is required for a 1 inch sandbed for your 3x2x2?

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
Wow...Huge rock... :eyebrow: Can occupy half ur tank...so rock is 1.5 x 1 x 1....Mini Mt Fuji liao... :whistle

Its actually 1.5x1.5x1 if i'm not wrong :paiseh:

Save me trouble of scaping la... just put it there. got mini mountain+lagoon+crevice all included! hahaa the only problem is.... it's kinda dead... hahahaa

hmmm I used 60lbs of caribsea live sand. my sand bed's approximately 1-1.5" high. I think you need minimally 50lbs ba. If you getting nature's ocean remember the sand inside got water... so will prob need abit more.

• SRC Member
Its actually 1.5x1.5x1 if i'm not wrong :paiseh:

Save me trouble of scaping la... just put it there. got mini mountain+lagoon+crevice all included! hahaa the only problem is.... it's kinda dead... hahahaa

hmmm I used 60lbs of caribsea live sand. my sand bed's approximately 1-1.5" high. I think you need minimally 50lbs ba. If you getting nature's ocean remember the sand inside got water... so will prob need abit more.

Iwarna said if get the live sand from them, 1 pail is $30 and I need 2 pails for my sand bed...1 pail is 30lbs???

juz got the rocks...a mix of live and dead rocks :rolleyes:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
Iwarna said if get the live sand from them, 1 pail is $30 and I need 2 pails for my sand bed...1 pail is 30lbs???

juz got the rocks...a mix of live and dead rocks :rolleyes:

Bro I forgot to ask you... u want any of my rocks? You can cook them if you want to :) I will be getting rid of them by 1st week of Dec.

Open to anyone whois interested. lelong lelong

• SRC Member
Bro I forgot to ask you... u want any of my rocks? You can cook them if you want to :) I will be getting rid of them by 1st week of Dec.

Open to anyone whois interested. lelong lelong

I will be doing the rock scaping this weekend...so dun think so lah. Unless I want to use the rocks to rescape my nano tank but then all your rocks like Mt Fuji size how to use??? :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

seems like everyone is on mega project this weekend.

I have got a red sea skimmer lying around if you guys need it.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member
seems like everyone is on mega project this weekend.

I have got a red sea skimmer lying around if you guys need it.

alamak should have gotten from u la... I got another one from a bro staying further away... nvm me no big project this weekend... my project's due 1st wk of dec. :eyebrow: can't wait to see the new look! My corals all lying all over the place now coz I lazy to place properly... so messy

I will be doing the rock scaping this weekend...so dun think so lah. Unless I want to use the rocks to rescape my nano tank but then all your rocks like Mt Fuji size how to use??? :eyebrow:

lol bro my current rocks are only 1ft long. not v. big. Actually just right size for 3ft tank :)

• SRC Member
alamak should have gotten from u la... I got another one from a bro staying further away... nvm me no big project this weekend... my project's due 1st wk of dec. :eyebrow: can't wait to see the new look! My corals all lying all over the place now coz I lazy to place properly... so messy

lol bro my current rocks are only 1ft long. not v. big. Actually just right size for 3ft tank :)

Hmmmm...U took out all your rocks already??? So u getting Mt Fuji rocks to replace your Bt Timah hill rocks huh??? :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
Hmmmm...U took out all your rocks already??? So u getting Mt Fuji rocks to replace your Bt Timah hill rocks huh??? :eyebrow:

haha not yet, I just placed the corals where ever they don't topple on the rocks right now...

Just a teaser on Mt Fuji. Any of you recognise the rock? :eyebrow:

post-16489-1258382237_thumb.jpg

there are actually 2 rocks i the photo. The big one, with a plate like looking rock on top. I got both of them :) fyi, this guy's tank is 2.5ft tall while mine is only 2ft :P And this was in his corner which took up about 1/3+ his width which was 3ft wide. So... like I said... Mount Fuji! With lots of holes to for fishes to hide in and corals to put.

Exciting stuff!