comycus

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member
Ya..thats wat i have been telling myself...but once step into LFS...boomz!!!...yr passion takes over yr wallet.

haha... the good thing of having a nano is that you do not have much space and you just cannot add any more corals! haha...

i only buy what i fancy and what i deem is worth it.. so far my most expensive coral was my most recent purchase.. and its still below 100 =P

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

Expensive and affordability is always subjective to the individual. At the end of the day, I guess as long as we spend within our means without going to extremes, everybody's happy :)

Love this show tank. You don't see that many rare, expensive corals/fishes, but it is eye popping wow!

post-16489-1256884117_thumb.jpg

FOr a moment, I thought you posted your FTS lol...... almost fell off my chair....

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

Expensive and affordability is always subjective to the individual. At the end of the day, I guess as long as we spend within our means without going to extremes, everybody's happy :)

Love this show tank. You don't see that many rare, expensive corals/fishes, but it is eye popping wow!

post-16489-1256884117_thumb.jpg

Yeah. This tank is looks natural and so clean image. I can learn from them how to put coral nicely...

• SRC Member
FOr a moment, I thought you posted your FTS lol...... almost fell off my chair....

lol this tank must have been huge! Wish I had the $, time and skill to do something like this :P

Yeah. This tank is looks natural and so clean image. I can learn from them how to put coral nicely...

Yupz. I really love the arrangement... So many learning points in this tank. :) Of course this is a show tank, tt's why it still looks so clean and has so many nice looking non photosynthetic corals. In reality, not so easy to keep them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Updates on my tank. Have been shifting my corals ard the last 2 weeks trying to get the best 'look... ended up with a still lousy fts, and a dying plate coral after it got stung by my elegance and then favia... :(

So anyway, here are some of my purchases in the month of Oct.

My mushroom garden!

post-16489-1257685694_thumb.jpg

Sun coral opening up

post-16489-1257685767_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

Another Acan lord? :eyebrow: More of my blastos... I really love these 2 species of corals shown here... so nice! (ps. this is my so called half tank shot under blue lights)

post-16489-1257685990_thumb.jpg

okie... a lousy FTS of what I have now... with some hidden corals on the other side.

post-16489-1257686015_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer
Another Acan lord? :eyebrow: More of my blastos... I really love these 2 species of corals shown here... so nice! (ps. this is my so called half tank shot under blue lights)

post-16489-1257685990_thumb.jpg

okie... a lousy FTS of what I have now... with some hidden corals on the other side.

post-16489-1257686015_thumb.jpg

very nice exquisite. and very nice elegance too

• SRC Member

Nice Rhizo u have... :D

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member
haha thanks, but not as nice as your rhizo garden bro :P

You want my lyretails? I catch out just for you. your lone lyretail needs some companions :eyebrow:

Nah...Now thinking whether I want to get another 3 to make it 8... :eyebrow:

But wallet no money... :cry: Maybe got to go reborn to see if they have any Rhizos left...But last week when I went, most of them got exposed skeleton already. :cry2:

But your suns better than mine leh...Still trying to figure out what the heck I have to do to make them open again... :evil::nuke::cry2:

Now my bubble seems to be going going gone also... :look:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
Nah...Now thinking whether I want to get another 3 to make it 8... :eyebrow:

But wallet no money... :cry: Maybe got to go reborn to see if they have any Rhizos left...But last week when I went, most of them got exposed skeleton already. :cry2:

But your suns better than mine leh...Still trying to figure out what the heck I have to do to make them open again... :evil::nuke::cry2:

Now my bubble seems to be going going gone also... :look:

Way bro so many rhizos? Leave more space for other corals la... Sand real estate is v ex, at least in my case. Haha

I flood my tank every 2 days with cyclopeeze? Maybe that might work...

I think I know who are the culprits that are disturbing my brain and bubble already... The wrasses always pecking on thm! So irritating... Hope the corals don't die on me <_<

Yeah I know!!! :eyeblur: So sad... I still need to spend alot more to fill up the tank... Which means need more money, sighZ

Finally an FTS. nice. more corals than what I expected.

Well just think of my barren tank and you will be very happy.

1 glance at my tank and you have seen everything lol.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

• SRC Member
Way bro so many rhizos? Leave more space for other corals la... Sand real estate is v ex, at least in my case. Haha

I flood my tank every 2 days with cyclopeeze? Maybe that might work...

I think I know who are the culprits that are disturbing my brain and bubble already... The wrasses always pecking on thm! So irritating... Hope the corals don't die on me <_<

The Rhizos will be split between my current tank and my future 3ft tank... :eyebrow: I'm thinking of 3 rhizos in my current tank and 5 Rhizos in my 3ft so will need 8... :blink: Or maybe just 2 in my current tank and 4 in my 3ft so I will need 6... :eyeblur:

Even for my Duncans, my 7 head will be going to my 3ft and only the 4 head will remain in my current tank.

My brains and bubble were nipped by my angel so ...brains almost gone case liao...bubble also going to be gone case soon... :evil:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
Finally an FTS. nice. more corals than what I expected.

Well just think of my barren tank and you will be very happy.

1 glance at my tank and you have seen everything lol.

hahaa I'm sure you will crowd your tank with lots of jewels in no time!

I have so much headache now trying to add corals, with their stinging tentacles, water movement, light considerations, rock placement... :( I was never good at scaping...

• SRC Member

Lemon, shot of my pui pui elegance just for you. May not be as nice as your blue tip, but I still like :)

post-16489-1257692329_thumb.jpg

yeah... this one is hiding on the other side of the tank... if I strike 'Sentosa Cove' I will go on coral shopping spree at everybody's favourite coral store and reveal my Reverse FTS :lol:

Lemon, shot of my pui pui elegance just for you. May not be as nice as your blue tip, but I still like :)

post-16489-1257692329_thumb.jpg

wow i like. how big are these normally.

Target no 1.

• SRC Member

Target no 1.

They can grow in excess of 10 inches... :eyebrow:

Depending on how many heads they have also...small, medium, large...which size u looking at??? :rolleyes:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member

Target no 1.

haha they will occupy the entire space of your empty sandbed if you are thinking of getting one... :P mine's only a small 8" specimem when it opens up. I think Lemon's previous elegance was 1ft long.