Watch tonite's animal planet Ch.U 9pm

Underwater

• SRC Member

omg. so sad.

did any 1 notice the fish wanting to eat the pen of the diver?lol..

hopefully more nature reserve is being setup as spawning ground and let them spawn!!!!! :(

To those who use the cynaid (please dont use it anymore !!!) like dead city man. haiz.

hopefully LFS in singapore dont import from suppliers who use that.

ya ya totally agreed mostly from phillipine and indonasia as you can see regal in local mostly from there so stop buying this fish let it live in the wild then they can survive and ya keep those coral that are common in the sea but whenever there's demand there's supply sad sad

• SRC Member
there are some uses explosives too.

cannot understand the part where they use explosives

use explosives for what??

kill all the fishes and corals??

hmm <_<:eyebrow:<_<

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

• SRC Member

The prawn netting sucks totally, catching a few tiny prawns and killing so many others fishs/crabs/stingray. haiz..so cruel.

+ the dragging of the entire seabed to catch some fishes.

Destroyed everything in it's path.

human destroyed mother earth..

But the last part of the natural reserve perks me up~!. glad to see someone is helping to bring back the sea back to it's original state

• SRC Member

Like that part where they set up reserves and the excess that roamed out of the zone can be caught by fishermen, sustaining their livelihood. This allow fishes to have time to re-produce and populate the ocean.

But using cyniade and explosives which destroyed the reefs are totally out. Taking away endangered species is no no too. i guess it is something that is very difficult to control when Indonesia and Phillipines are so huge and wide. If these go on, one day, there will be no more corals and fishes left for our hobby. Look at the number of shipments entering the LFS every week...the vast quantity of corals and fishes.

• SRC Member
Like that part where they set up reserves and the excess that roamed out of the zone can be caught by fishermen, sustaining their livelihood. This allow fishes to have time to re-produce and populate the ocean.

But using cyniade and explosives which destroyed the reefs are totally out. Taking away endangered species is no no too. i guess it is something that is very difficult to control when Indonesia and Phillipines are so huge and wide. If these go on, one day, there will be no more corals and fishes left for our hobby. Look at the number of shipments entering the LFS every week...the vast quantity of corals and fishes.

Hate to c them using cynaide and explosives....

On the bright side...the reefs make me drool...so beautiful to c those anthias and chromis swimming against the current and surrounding them are the SPS.

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member
The prawn netting sucks totally, catching a few tiny prawns and killing so many others fishs/crabs/stingray. haiz..so cruel.

+ the dragging of the entire seabed to catch some fishes.

Destroyed everything in it's path.

human destroyed mother earth..

But the last part of the natural reserve perks me up~!. glad to see someone is helping to bring back the sea back to it's original state

thats was the cruel part

there was also this part where they had fished too much and had to throw away those excessive fishes

damn it was a whole truck man :eyebrow::unsure: :unsure:

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

• SRC Member
ya ya totally agreed mostly from phillipine and indonasia as you can see regal in local mostly from there so stop buying this fish let it live in the wild then they can survive and ya keep those coral that are common in the sea but whenever there's demand there's supply sad sad

So... Do not buy fishes from Indonesia, must buy ex ex ones from hawaii and carribean... :eyebrow: And Yes those men who catch fishes suck... The wrasse was entangled in the net so poor thing :pinch: ... And btw does S'pore carries MAC certified fishes?? We should request as our part of saving mother earth... :unsure:

1ft cube with IOS [the low tech tank]

1. JBJ C-breeze to keep temp hovering around 27-28'C

2. LED clip on - 120 bulbs

-skimmer-less-

My 3 humble equipments that keeps my tank running... [DRIED OUT]

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Temperature maintained at 25.3'C to 24.7'C

No3: 10ppm(b4 the use of the deltec skimmer)

No3: 5ppm (after use of the skimmer)

Others? too lazy to measure...LOL

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member
Borrowed the DVD twice from the library, but never had the chance to finish it. Watching now :(

hi hi. may i know whats the title of the dvd? will try to borrow fr library to watch. any other dvd that u can recommend that shows reef documentary? thx

• SRC Member
hi hi. may i know whats the title of the dvd? will try to borrow fr library to watch. any other dvd that u can recommend that shows reef documentary? thx

Blue Planet by BBC.

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

I've dived around the region and have seen first hand the destructive powers of dynamite fishing... whole patches of reef devastated into coral rubble and no life in that zone. So so sad.

Anyway, the planet is taking revenge back on us.... look at what's happening to the environment, back against us. Scary.