Lights for my 32"x20"x24" tank

Hello everyone,

My new tank measure 32"x20"x24" marine tank, actual 36"(4"being the side overflow) will arrive next week.

Tot of getting a new set of light for the new tank, either a 2.5ft(difficult to get) or a 3ft set.

Any light fixture to recommend? LED from ML is very ex, can't afford. Any bro DIY LED light to sell?

Tks

Admiring a well designed Terrarium's garden indoor is like walking thru a garden after a whole day work...

• 5 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Being a relatively new technology, high powered LED lights are still very expensive compared to conventional light fixtures like T5 or MH. What's your budget if you are thinking of getting LED?

I've looked into all the reviews of commercial LED products available online, but it seems that the cheap ones are more suited for FOWLR, or used together with additional T5. In other words, for your own viewing pleasure, cannot really sustain coral growth.

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

just spoke to Henry from ML, there's a new programmable modular version of LumenAqua coming in 1-2 months time. might want to check that out.

Don't know any bros here using this, but eco-lamps from HK also have got quite good response. They have 2 models: KR 91 and 92. KR92 will be coming out in Sept, and is mainly for SPS use while KR 91, the service staff have assured me, is good for LPS with 8000LUX and 300PAR. Any bros familar with lighting here can comment on these numbers?

of course the downside is your service centre is in hk...

The choice of light for aquarium are many.

You can have MH,T5 or the latest LED light.

LED light investment cost is high as compare to the rest but the running cost is about 40 to 50%

of MH of the same light intensity output and it generate almost zero heat to your tank.

So it cut down your chiller running cost and your air con running cost by about 50%.

However to get a good LED light set on Asian market that can match the MH light intensity and PAR is

tough after the exit of Solaris .

To ensure you are paying and investing in a good performance LED light set read more about the miniumum

LED spec and requirement in some of the threads put up in both local forums and also www.nano-reef.com

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016