Led lighting not too sure yet

this is the conversation between us over the Led light if it able to light up the tank and save power why not switch to Led :eyebrow:

Dear Steven,

The voltage is 240 V and can be plugged directly to the power pointand used immediately.

Using the controller, you can set a few pre-set display patterns.

However, to really program the color display into very specifictiming, it might not be that easy and it can only be done by us at thefactory as it needs specialized people, software and machinery.

May I know if this restriction in color display pattern be okay for you?

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Kow Siong

2009/6/7 koh steven <*************>:>

Oh ya what is the voltage do i need to conect a adaptor>>> Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 22:11:48 +0800>>

Subject: Re: Aquarium LED Lighting (1.2m)>> From: ************>> To: ***************>>>>

Dear Steven,>>>>

Both types A and B are all LED Lighting. The pricing is $120 per piece>> (inclusive of controller).>>>>

The color can be programmed to change in the manner that you want.

The default set-up will be fast changing lighting pattern, with the color changing every few seconds.

May I know if this is what you need?>>>>

Thank you very much!>>>>

Best Regards,>>

Kow Siong>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

2009/6/7 koh steven <**************>:>> >

Hi there燼gain>> >>> >

As you said it change auto matic but how it change over how many hrs? As i looking for is it changes over time like morning to night veiw>> >>> >>

Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 19:20:39 +0800>> >> Subject: Aquarium LED Lighting (1.2m)>> >> From: **************>> >> To: ***************>> >>>> >>

Dear Steven,>> >>>> >> Attached please find the aquarium lighting that we have spoken over the phone.

Please advise if this is the LED lighting that you are looking for? If so, would you like to order Type A or Type B lighting. Both types come in 3 colors or 6 colors, and changes color automatically

Thank you very much!

Aquarium_Lighting.doc

i dont think this type of LED is made for aquarium use from the look of it.. It seem to me more for showcase display purposes.. maybe you would like to check more in detail on their temperature rating, LUX output ect..

can't really know much anyway i already place an order of two pcs at a price of S$150/pc how do i know the temp rating , lux output anyone can help to measure if once the stock is build and send over to me??

i think this is the common LED tube which come mostly from china ?? For this type of florscent LED, it is made mostly for home/office use so it is normally make to 8k or less and it tends to be more yellow for the white light.. I know this cos i have bought this while i was in China as well which is very common in the lighting shop. You need to be careful with the color temp, if not it will encourage unwanted algae growth in your tank !! Just to share my experience with it..

For the color temp, you can always check with the guy who sold you this, and for the LUX output you can always measure it with any LUX/PAR meter in the market.

However, for your fish only setup it should be just fine... Hope it helps..

This type of light is more for domestic and office use.

Even then it is very expensive as compare to the other high

power LED.

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

• SRC Member

Bro, LED have a long way to go before they'll be able to light-up depths more than 18"... and even at that the cost is out of this world, so for now just keep your HO, VHO or MH and wait for another five years for reefer to discover F.O. lighting

that's just my opinion...