how long it take ich to recover..

• SRC Member

i have 1 yellow tang.. how long it take him to recover from ich...

it have been 2 days.. hiding most of the time...

when come to feeding time... it will come out and take its food...

i using seachem garlic guard for it... constand feed it with garlic...

how long it take.. 1 to 2 weeks???

best to remove it from the tank....i removed my purple tang and put it in a 1 ft q tank with airstone...dose medi and feed garlic soaked food...partially changed water every 2 to 3 days...tang recovered in a week or so

• SRC Member

hard to catch it leh... it is hiding somewhere i cant see ...

i this morning thought it is dead... then later when i feed food.. it dash out n eat...

and now hiding again...

what medi which is reef safe.. ?? and to solve ich problem...

• SRC Member

for me i think now is let nature take it course.. i using a clip to clip algae... i soaked with garlic.. b4 i off from work i click it near to the bottom for him to see... when i am back the algae is gone.. i guess it had eaten it...

• SRC Member

let it be in the tank n feed it with garlic soaked food. My present blue tang had ich some weeks ago, but i did not remove it..afraid it might be too stressful for the fish. it recovered after 1week and now like quite resilent to ich. My previous blue tang and yellow tang never made it back to the main tank after they went into the Q tank.

• SRC Member

I bought this product called "Marine Cure", apparently it worked for a friend of mine when he drips it into his main tank with fish and corals. I still dun dare to use it. chrislwp reckon its safe from previous thread. Any other opinion?

• SRC Member

first thing i wanna ask is that ur '2 days' refers to u bought ur fish 2 days ago?

if it's so, it may just be due to stress inside a new environment... since it's still taking its food, by feeding him well, he shld recover within a week....

i bought a white face powder brown tang last week.... did not even come out to feed for the first 3 days.... after that slowly feeding but got some ich due to stress... until yesterday the ich is gone liao.... :)

so dun worry so much if it's ur new fish :)

if u still think u wanna do stg abt it, i dun recommend trying to catch it n give it more stress, instead, get a reliable cleaner shrimp which can assist u in recovering it faster.... YT do let cleaner shrimp tend to them.... Do get cleaners from, i think, sri lanka? hmm... anyways forgot which country betta, but it shld cost ard $12, more on the ex side, but r more hardy n will do more reliable cleaning.... :)