my new tank!

HellBliss

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah we must try out best not to stock too quickly... so much temptation...

looking forward to seeing pics of ure goby paired up with a pistol shrimp! so u added some snails n starfish too right?

yeap added 3 snails and 1 orange linckia around 1.5 inch.. after seeing how they move and eat no wonder i see people put 20 in their tank at a go. going to get some hermit crabs as part of the clean up crew too.

the goby is not coming out! i havent seen it since adding it yesterday night.. haha. mayb a pistol shrimp will give it more sense of security.

Hooked since March 2009

• SRC Member
going to get some hermit crabs as part of the clean up crew too.

Might want to reconsider that. Hermit crabs will hunt snails for their shells, even when they don't need a new home they will kill instinctively. :P

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member
Might want to reconsider that. Hermit crabs will hunt snails for their shells, even when they don't need a new home they will kill instinctively. :P

hmmm even the dwarf red tip hermit crab? I thought it's herbivorous. Maybe litter the sandbed with empty shells so they won't disturb the snails? Would be sad if I can keep both snails and hermit crabs.

• SRC Member
hmmm even the dwarf red tip hermit crab? I thought it's herbivorous. Maybe litter the sandbed with empty shells so they won't disturb the snails? Would be sad if I can keep both snails and hermit crabs.

They may be vegetarian, but they are not Buddhist... they will still murder by instinct haha. They kill the snails for their shells, not for food. You can minimise the risk by giving them ample empty shells or the snails might hide very well, but someday when you are not looking, they will strike. There is always a risk :P

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member
They may be vegetarian, but they are not Buddhist... they will still murder by instinct haha. They kill the snails for their shells, not for food. You can minimise the risk by giving them ample empty shells or the snails might hide very well, but someday when you are not looking, they will strike. There is always a risk :P

haha maybe play the lotus sutra music underwater to curb their murderous instincts! :eyebrow:

Anyway bro hellbliss got Trochus snail, according to liveaquaria, they are not so easy to kill coz of their shell shape. Maybe I should get them too. can pm where you got them from and how much bro?

just went kimsotong and saw their small brain trachy i think going for 50 and elegance coral going for 50 also. can any old birds advise me the price?

Bro u can try reef deport for the brain trachy if not wrong they selling 6 to 9 red notes

|| Tank: 5x2x2.5 || Sump 3.5x1.5.1.5 || Lights: DeLighting 2x80w Aquable Special T5 ||

|| Return: 2 x ehiem 1264 || Skimmer: Skimz SM251 ||

|| CR: deltec denitrator || ATO with custom make reservior tank||

|| FR: TLF running Rowas ,UV ||

|| Wavemaker: Jebao RE20& RW15|| Chiller: Daikin 1HP Compressor ||

|| Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor ||

Bro u can try reef deport for the brain trachy if not wrong they selling 6 to 9 red notes

ah icic.. din know reef depot got sell livestocks. the last or last last month i went there only saw their display tank and equipments..

Hooked since March 2009

ah icic.. din know reef depot got sell livestocks. the last or last last month i went there only saw their display tank and equipments..

i just went there on wed they still got a few pieces left maybe u can check it out

|| Tank: 5x2x2.5 || Sump 3.5x1.5.1.5 || Lights: DeLighting 2x80w Aquable Special T5 ||

|| Return: 2 x ehiem 1264 || Skimmer: Skimz SM251 ||

|| CR: deltec denitrator || ATO with custom make reservior tank||

|| FR: TLF running Rowas ,UV ||

|| Wavemaker: Jebao RE20& RW15|| Chiller: Daikin 1HP Compressor ||

|| Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor ||

my new corals!

Gonio

P1010772.jpg

P1010778.jpg

open brain

P1010779.jpg

brain

P1010780.jpg

blasto

P1010782.jpg

can these corals grow bigger under the right conditions? also my hermit crabs keep walking into my corals and its legs is poking them. is tt ok? i already reposition them away a few times already...

Hooked since March 2009

hey guys i have a question.. my mag level was 1000 kh was 9.3.. calcium is around 360.. after 2-3 weeks of trying to raise my mag level, my mag now is at 1200 and kh is at 10.6 while calcium 340.. is the increase in kh normal?

Hooked since March 2009

• SRC Supporter
hey guys i have a question.. my mag level was 1000 kh was 9.3.. calcium is around 360.. after 2-3 weeks of trying to raise my mag level, my mag now is at 1200 and kh is at 10.6 while calcium 340.. is the increase in kh normal?

my limited knowledge tells me, when Mag/CA/Stronium increase, KH increases. However, your calcium is quite low, average should be between 430-450 to be healthy. Mg is healthy between 1200-1450ppm.

Hope it helps. Any snr reefers correct me if wrong. :)

• 2 weeks later...