P.maculosus

• SRC Member

Hi can you tell the differences between this to Purple moon angel?

Beside the juvenile marking, what is the differences?

Picture A

2r2xlbl.jpg

Picture B

zjjmtg.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my favourite fish only.

Give me one more chance....

Do u mean any diff between asfur and maculosus? As juvi not much diff ba, but as adult, Asfur has a darker blue and clearer and brighter yellow band compared to maculosus. Asfur is definitely better looking than maculosus.

• SRC Member
Do u mean any diff between asfur and maculosus? As juvi not much diff ba, but as adult, Asfur has a darker blue and clearer and brighter yellow band compared to maculosus. Asfur is definitely better looking than maculosus.

Bro, both are maculosus lei :pinch: bigbird must be damn hurt if you thought his fav maculosus is asfur :lol:

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

• SRC Member
i rephrase your qns, what's the difference between these two maculosus?

Thks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• SRC Member

This semi adult maculosus below will transform into the picture 2

Price is 6 time more than the red sea maculosus.

Will you pay for this

post-4953-1242660459.jpg

post-4953-1242660487.jpg

Hi can you tell the differences between this to Purple moon angel?

Beside the juvenile marking, what is the differences?

Picture A

2r2xlbl.jpg

Picture B

zjjmtg.jpg

Ok, so you are trying to get us understand that the 1st pic is the normal LFS avail "Red Sea" Maculosus and the 2nd pic is the "rare" East African Maculosus! So i did get it right? I'll go your house and pick a fish as my prize.

Will you pay for this

look unique, however i am unwilling( no dough la) to pay 6 times the price for this fish.

will rather spend on queen, king blackie tang etc ...

however let's say i am very super rich, i will get those unique special one to make the tank more outstanding with the special maculosus

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member
Ok, so you are trying to get us understand that the 1st pic is the normal LFS avail "Red Sea" Maculosus and the 2nd pic is the "rare" East African Maculosus! So i did get it right? I'll go your house and pick a fish as my prize.

Ya la, it is a east afriacan maculosus, colour is very deep striking blue.

• SRC Member
SO DO U NEED ONE PURPLE NOTE FOR THAT???

You mean $50? A 4 inches you need 6 blue notes

You mean $50? A 4 inches you need 6 blue notes

ha ha for blue note still not so bad what i mean is 1000 ha ha can consider but now waiting for my tank to cycle longer first to go for queen nice nice

Will you pay for this

The 2nd pic u shown is a maculosus with blue tail. But it's not normal for the blue striped colour to extend over to the white tail, right? A pic i found from EZmarine east african maculosus adult does not hav a blue tail but instead has a white tail like the red sea ones. I think the blue tail pic u found is a unique blue morphed or something? In tat case its even more special than the TB white bar maculosus and 6 times more is very worthwhile paying. I'll buy!

post-10328-1242780132.jpg

This is a red sea one from the same website, also a white tail. From petsolution, they mention no difference in maculosus from red sea or east african and both have a white tail compared to asfur which has a yellow tail.

post-10328-1242780572.jpg

• SRC Member
This is the blue tail one i referring to. If it's an adult already and still has such a blue tail, than it's v special.

Ya there is a diff between Red sea mac and E.african mac. E.African one have a very deep and striking blue. Thank to Bro Earth who brought back a piece for me from HK.

• Moderators
Ya there is a diff between Red sea mac and E.african mac. E.African one have a very deep and striking blue. Thank to Bro Earth who brought back a piece for me from HK.

Wau.. you got your GEM liao!!!

Must visit soon... ;)

Bro Earth, did you get the cortez wrasse earlier? coz you was looking for one sometime back. :P

Tom

picture picture :eyebrow::eyebrow:

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member
Wau.. you got your GEM liao!!!

Must visit soon... ;)

Bro Earth, did you get the cortez wrasse earlier? coz you was looking for one sometime back. :P

Bro, this few weeks, i am being tortured by velvet. Years of exprience never kanna like that, copper also no use.

Bro, this few weeks, i am being tortured by velvet. Years of exprience never kanna like that, copper also no use.

Bro, might not be velvet. You did mention to Looma, it is some hairy stuff. We were thinking to take a look of your tank but you "pilot" us a few times. Call you also dun answer, so sad. hehehe.... :eyebrow:

Anyway, may God health your fishes.

• SRC Member
Bro, might not be velvet. You did mention to Looma, it is some hairy stuff. We were thinking to take a look of your tank but you "pilot" us a few times. Call you also dun answer, so sad. hehehe.... :eyebrow:

Anyway, may God health your fishes.

Pilot!!!! You call me pilot!!! I am a ex Sailor la. Busy la bro.

• SRC Member
Ya hor. Forgot that you were from navy. What so busy? When can have kopi?

Next week bro, this week a bit tight. Reach home see the swimming doughnut also sian.

Bro zebrasoma, Navy also have top gun leh, i very zhun one.