WARNING! Don't deal with 93752635 daryl345

jkit

Actually such case happened to me b4. Buyer wanted to meet at a designated place to collect the fishes. When I handed him the fishes they were ok but after the buyer reached home he sms me saying he was very disappointed cause one of the fish had died. I gave him the benefit of doubt and immediately refunded the money to him thru bank transfer. Sometimes as buyer we have to be responsible as well cause we want convenience and when things happened we put the blame on the seller. Who knows if the buyer actually went somewhere else sfter collecting the fishes and only reached home a couple of hours later? Like that if fish die liao can still blame the seller?

I totally agree as responsible buyer we should reject buying the fishes if we sense something was wrong on the spot. And if we do still take the risk to buy the fish, then we should be prepared to bear the consequence of it dying later on. I expressed my disapointment in the sms merely to let ultraman know that the fish was not doing good already and it died when i got back 20 mins later, but i was not intending for a compension or any sort to be made, cos i do understand there has to be a risk to bear when we get livestocks, be it from the forum or LFS. So i really apreciated when Ultraman initiated to refund me but well even if he did not, i would not have pursued or to blow up the matter either as it'll not be fair to the seller because as mentioned, there was no way to prove which party's fault it is to the death of the fish. Anyway i like to thank ultraman again for his trust as he refunded me even though he was not obligated to make any compensations.

That said, it's a bit of a different case here as daryl has committed himself to make a refund, so he should come out to make a clarification soon and keep up to his promise.

Hope this matter wil be resolved soon.

• SRC Supporter

got more bros like ultraman and digiman.. everyone will be more glad to deal.

even each party bear half the cost also not bad.

cos i always experience such incident b4.

1 of them was with bro weisheng, no questions ask he offer to refund. i bare half the cost also. no prob at all :)

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• SRC Member

Jkit

I not taking either side but when deal with live stock you both have to have a mutual understanding that your dealing with “Live Stock†not a pump or a chiller.

The seller should deliver the goods (in this case a butterfly) in a good condition and the buyer should “acclimate†his investment before introducing it to his main tank.

I’ve had fish that I’ve purchased in the past that sat in a bag for hours, fish didn’t look well at all but after a two hour acclimation (knowing the fishes wasn’t healthy) the fishes recovered.

Ok, let just say we’re talking about a piece of hardware… say it a red dragon pump, say I spent 600 for the pump but never saw it run. I bring it home; install it and its works great… I go to work and when I get back the pumps dead, how would the seller know that I installed it properly? Maybe while I was at work the water level dropped low and the pump was sucking air for hours, my maid smelt something burning and added water, I can call the seller and flip out but first I should check all possibility of me making a mistake first.

I really don’t think we should trash someone over a five dollar fish when we don’t know how you acclimated the fish… we’ve all been in the hobby for a very long time so just take on the jaw and forget about it, I’m sure you’ll make the same mistake someday and maybe the buyer wouldn’t worry about it and just take it as if he bought it from “CF†and eat his losses.

i'm here to clarify things. on the day itself, i told you that i was studying and asked if you could come to pasir ris or meet another day. i tried my best to accomodate you and went over to tampines. i did put clearly in my ad that collection was in pasir ris. (http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=78880&hl=butterfly).

i'm studying for my 'O' levels this year, and i'm currently trying to concentrate on my studies, and this hobby is kind of a stress-reliever besides my cca. after i went home, my mother confiscated my phone as i promised her to study on that day, which i did not, hence being unable to reply your smses.

bro, its just 3 days ago. i gave you my word that i'll return the money if the butterfly didn't make it. bro anfieldmad can testify to this. we have had many transactions before and all went smoothly. i've attached pictures of my tank. if you're questioning my water quaility, i've even managed to hatch a bamboo shark out of its egg, which speaks volumes of the quality of my water. my inhabitants are a yellow tang, powder blue tang, bamboo shark, bicolour angel, maroon clown, sailfin tang, lavander tang, snowflake eel and a few damsels. no casualties so far, and no signs of disease. if you want you can come over to my house and take a look. i'd welcome that.

however, with your rash behavior, my reputation has been tarnished. you put my phone number as the title and i have recieved many smses regarding this issue and have recieved some disturbing calls as well. bro, give me a break. i'm 16 and you're like more than 10 over years older than me? sms me about the $5. i just got my phone back. i'll return it to you, don't worry. i'm a straight person.

i apologise for being irresponsible in a way, and i'm sorry as well for selling you a fish that was stressed after being chased around the tank for hours. i hope this will clear any bad air between us.

post-15715-1241699817.jpg

post-15715-1241699843.jpg

post-15715-1241699950.jpg

post-15715-1241699982.jpg

post-15715-1241700021.jpg

post-15715-1241700072.jpg

post-15715-1241700097.jpg

He claimed reason to sell is to reduce bioload. We met up @ tampines MRT to deal.

What's important is the integrity and the truth about his tank's condition. I'm now rather worried what the other fishes may bring to my tank as I don't have a quarantinee tank =(

If you come across his post again, DO NOT ever deal with him!

as you can see, my tank is really full, and the true reason is to reduce bioload.

the phrase "DO NOT ever deal with him" seems kind of harsh and disturbing, since that its only been 3 days since i last contacted you.

• SRC Supporter

seems like its a misunderstanding after all, maybe u 2 can settle this yourself.

my 2cents.

however, just curious what smsed u receive regarding this thread? seems nothing too much concerning them.

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

lol. maybe can post their number for us to sms them. peace. just reef on. Concentrate on your o level. hobby comes later. Cheerz.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

seems like its a misunderstanding after all, maybe u 2 can settle this yourself.

my 2cents.

however, just curious what smsed u receive regarding this thread? seems nothing too much concerning them.

sms from 98****44 (7/5/09 7:53pm) : hi, daryl. have you seen the shit about you on the reef club? i added to the posting and have my 2 cents worth. happy reefing.

sms from 93****75 (7/5/09 8:15pm) : hi, please return the poor guy his money on SRC.

call from withheld (7/5/09 8.05pm) : hello hello dishonest f***er. (hangs up)

put yourself in my shoes and try to imagine how i would feel.

• SRC Member

you 2 seem cool, chill out you two gentlemen

regards

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• Senior Reefer

threadstarter, i think u were really too harsh on daryl. u have every right to post here and warn but i think giving out his full number was really uncalled for. so many rude and inconsiderate people sms him as u can see. if you were him, how would u feel?

the story posted by daryl seems quite believable and his fotos don't lie. i dont know both of you in person but i feel that threadstarter, u might have gone abit too far by posting his full number here for all to see. its not like he cheated u $500. ok its about integrity, but i feel that posting full number is not necessary. perhaps the last 3 numbers will do.

and to those ppl who sms him and call him. looks like u guys really have no life. grow up, get a life. this is from a 17 year old student telling u. calling other people like "hi hi @#&@^er"? seriously, get a life and grow up. it pisses me off to see that there are people like this in our society. lame, rude, lifeless and attention seeking.

this is none of my business. just giving my 2 cents.

• SRC Member
hello hello dishonest f***er. (hangs up)

Hahaha! That was so funny and wrong at the same time. Sorry for laughing, but it really tickled me.

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• Senior Reefer
Hahaha! That was so funny and wrong at the same time. Sorry for laughing, but it really tickled me.

tsk. dun laugh la lol. i really hate people like this leh. singapore flooded with them. really irks me. go to stomp la. plenty over there for u to puke and vomit blood.

It was never my intention to blow this out of proportion. As in my 1st post, $ was not what I'm driving @. Just wanted to know what was really wrong with the fish so that I can be better prepare for the rest of his fishes.

Since he has explained himself clearly, I will closed this thread. This case is over. I will not respond to any more post on this topic.

daryl345, my apology for inconveniences caused.

For those reefers who sent disturbing sms to him, pls stop it. I appreciate your concern but that's not my intention and that's not a good practice as a responsible reefer.

• Senior Reefer
Adult slams a 16 year old boy in forum over dead fish deal (supposedly worth S$5).

All this for a supposed $5 loss.

And the rest of the fish still alive??

Is this really really necessary? Take a step back, i think it's just a misunderstanding and lack of patience...

maybe it's the hot weather and swine flu getting into the heads.

fully agree with this....i think sometimes we must really take a step back and think of our actions first. take public transport during peak hour and u will know la..the number of inconsiderate and rude ppl who dun think before acting. haiz how i wish i can drive./

since threadstarter say this case has been resolved, lets not dwell on it already la. take this as a lesson learnt la..