Noob 3FT tank

[V]tEc

• SRC Member

Bro, is your 6x T5 enough to supply to the needs of your corals? Cos your tank is 2.5 ft high and was wondering if corals on the sandbed can get the light rays

:thanks:

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Bro, is your 6x T5 enough to supply to the needs of your corals? Cos your tank is 2.5 ft high and was wondering if corals on the sandbed can get the light rays

:thanks:

i was wondering abt this too when i was considering to change from my 250W to T5. n if u notice, i have a clam on my sand bed n i been using T5 for close to 1yr. the clam seem to grow also. so i guess 6 T5s setup is okie for my tank.

• SRC Member

when looking at my tank, found that K3 was not powerful enuff. decided to get the K4 today to replace the K3 n at the same time change my hopar T5 to 4x39W retrofit. did some DIY n the retrofit became 6x39W fixture. taking a smoke break now. will update with pic later

when looking at my tank, found that K3 was not powerful enuff. decided to get the K4 today to replace the K3 n at the same time change my hopar T5 to 4x39W retrofit. did some DIY n the retrofit became 6x39W fixture. taking a smoke break now. will update with pic later

bro... smoke break over liao... time for pix...

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

• SRC Member
K4 much better. :D wide and nice. Juz curious, the retrofit much better than ya hopar? Due to the reflector?

1 reason i changed to retrofit is becos i can on 2 tubes at a time instead. as for the reflector, i guess it does help abit too. the hopar did it job for my tank, juz that i juz wanted to try something else.

the K4 is much better of cos, but due to the increase in flow, K3 3200L/hr vs 4600L/hr, i have to remove my seio too. which is kind of gd news for mi, 1 less powerhead in the main tank........

• SRC Member
Bro, what tube combi did you use? Seems like you have quite a bit of white there...

I like to keep things simple so i juz use 4 white n 2 blue. colour seems to be okie so i juz leave it.

iwarna

I got it from him 2 yrs ago...din know Iwarna also selling :whistle !

Can Pm me the price? I may want to get 1 more if price is reasonable :eyebrow:

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

hey... im not dr evil... i'm dr feel good. (anyone remembers motley crue??) haha...

<_<

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member
  • SRC Member
<_< Bro, ya BLACKY baby looks like its having lateral line disease. Is it recovering ? :unsure:

either my pic is not clear or u need a pair of new spec :lol:

it is not suffering from any disease, those who seem my blacky will noe how healthy n fat he is.......