My butteries' tank

peong

• SRC Member

Recently just setup my FOWLR tank, mainly butteries...(my favourite fish) hopefully can collect as many as possible, :upsidedown: Well, I can see now, I have only one big regal, the only angel that I have. :rolleyes: Just to share a few pics here. :paiseh:

post-3149-1240746178.jpg

post-3149-1240746265.jpg

• Senior Reefer

henry hav many longnose now. i got one just now. very good condition, many of them are feeding aggressively. i belive training them to eat pellets are quite hard because of their mouth shape? i dunno. anyway i got one that is feeding on henry's food and mysis. alot of website say they very hardy.

post-15755-1240753755.jpg

Copperbands and longnose due to their mouths shape are not design to feed on pellet food thus mysis and abit of other frozen food will suffice.

Anyway bro peong, beautiful tank. I always wanted to keep a pair of golden butterfly

• Senior Reefer

i had a copperband which ate pellets last time. really difficult to get it to do that. but it die coz power shortage when i was overseas. so far that was the only copperband i had that ate pellets. the others i tried only ate mysis and frozen food.

• SRC Member

Pakistani butterfly is easy, they even can eat mysis from day1, my eating pellets after a week.

new introductions in the cage:

Blackback Butterfly

Punctato Butterfly

Teardrop Butterfly

Eastern triangular butterflyfish

hv 1 Ornate butterflyfish in other tank, not stable n under monitoring. :eyeblur:

• Senior Reefer

but i must say ur taste in butterflies are really good.

this is a beautiful specimen too. but i think quite hard also. if can keep it alive it will be really stunning (:

post-15755-1240795207.jpg

Pakistani butterfly is easy, they even can eat mysis from day1, my eating pellets after a week.

new introductions in the cage:

Blackback Butterfly

Punctato Butterfly

Teardrop Butterfly

Eastern triangular butterflyfish

hv 1 Ornate butterflyfish in other tank, not stable n under monitoring. :eyeblur:

wow bro...no idea whats an ornate butterfly, so i checked the internet and it is swee leh!

Hope yours can do well and show us the photo soon. :)

post-2088-1240807025.jpg

• SRC Member
wow bro...no idea whats an ornate butterfly, so i checked the internet and it is swee leh!

Hope yours can do well and show us the photo soon. :)

post-2088-1240807025.jpg

woa nice butterfly hey I heard from the reborn uncle he said there is one customer

that keeps this species but they dun eat pellets or live so he brought brain corals for them to feed on

rich fellow :eyebrow: :eyebrow: hmm bro peong is urs eating?

haha

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

• 1 year later...
  • Senior Reefer

bro where u got the Pakistani butterfly?? been searching for one . kindly pm me where u got yours?? thanks

this thread is 1 year old. if you're looking for a fish i suggest posting in LFS update thread... it's way faster to get a response.

anyway, pakistan butterfly is regularly available in coral farm and pinnacle from time to time.