Inconsistent in Pricing

Solo77

• SRC Member
ya drive there is ok but try to look more poorer lol

No wonder lah, so that's why all of you wear shorts when visiting LFS. I was starting to wonder how come I always stand out as the only person who never shows leg hair :lol:

the poorer u look the better...tip...lol

lol!i always go lfs in shorts n t shirt maciam kiam chye lidat and hair oso messy messy one, ended up nobody want to hue me.....ahahahahaah :lol:

• SRC Member
Just want to share some experience and hope new reefers out there learn. Wanted to get a fish and was informed by a kind bro here that the price is $85 for a small one and $100 for big one. Decided to go down and take a look at the fish. Prior to my visit, a bro went ahead and gotten the fish at the price stated(plus minus). Therefore, i was kind of interested to get one also. Went to the shop and was told $120 for all sizes. Was told shipment charge went up, etc and later given a discount price of $100.

I understand in this trade, it is willing buyer and willing seller but i find the inconsistency in pricing turned me off. I can understand for regulars tend to enjoy better discount, no doubt, and think is reasonable but for my experience, not the first time i get this kind of unpleasant experience. I also support paying premium to get better quality fishes but just cannot accept inconsistency pricing. Hence, for newbie, do your research and decide in your purchase. Happy reefing.

Hi Solo, my apologies too for causing u to made a wasted trip. I thot $85/- for a small size is already ex and surprised that the price had changed some more!

Hmmm but I must said it's not true that some LFS always give "special price" for their regulars cuz sometimes, I do find that certain LS's price given to the regulars are still high comparing to LFS ard town areas and the farms. On the happy note... overall our local price is one of the lowest compared to those price on the net... esp those US sites. Guess we're blessed to have most of the Marine LS and coral from our region :rolleyes:

Hi Bro, don't feel bad abt it. I must be thankful for your update and info. It is just their inconsistent pricing policy. I was still thinking they may have quoted you based on discounted price and for me is the normal walk in price. Just got to be more vigiliant. Hope your fish is doing well. Thanks again. : )

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler