BB Reef tank

I just love the Joculator.. Once u get it, u will know that its different from a bi- colour and its hardiness makes it a very good choice for beginner. Its also one of the reef safest pygmies ard :rolleyes:

I got one tiny one but lost it in tank crash... :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

It is more orange color... Love it...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Senior Reefer

wahaha finally shots of your tank. all i can say is its FANTASTIC. i reallyh admire your PBT hybrid. really, its beautiful. i got a normal one recently but the ich is zzz.... waiting for it to subside a little over the weeks. also got a potter's angel, hoping the flame and it can get along.

whenever i see flame angels in the LFS, makes me think of the harem that you keep. its really nice and what a way to celebrate the new year eh? :lol:

wahaha finally shots of your tank. all i can say is its FANTASTIC. i reallyh admire your PBT hybrid. really, its beautiful. i got a normal one recently but the ich is zzz.... waiting for it to subside a little over the weeks. also got a potter's angel, hoping the flame and it can get along.

whenever i see flame angels in the LFS, makes me think of the harem that you keep. its really nice and what a way to celebrate the new year eh? :lol:

Thanks but its nothing compared to the colours your have in your tank :paiseh::paiseh: I lost way too many zoos and it seem that I am quite suey when it comes to nudi. No matter how careful am I, nudi always pop out from nowhere even after seeing none for few months. My PBT still has ich time to time, it seem likes ich are their best buddies. :lol::lol:

I have other bros who kept a dozen of flame and thats what I call celebrating new year :lol::lol:

• Senior Reefer
Thanks but its nothing compared to the colours your have in your tank :paiseh::paiseh: I lost way too many zoos and it seem that I am quite suey when it comes to nudi. No matter how careful am I, nudi always pop out from nowhere even after seeing none for few months. My PBT still has ich time to time, it seem likes ich are their best buddies. :lol::lol:

I have other bros who kept a dozen of flame and thats what I call celebrating new year :lol::lol:

i normally won't worry about ich because it usually goes away by itself after afew weeks, and then the fish will gain "immunity?" against it? because i wont see it having visible white spots anymore. but a PBT being a PBT....the amount of spots it has now is well...haha. just need to pass the first few weeks and it should be alright i guess.

oh btw forget to comment on your carpet. its huge!!!!! and very nice! nice rockscape btw.

i normally won't worry about ich because it usually goes away by itself after afew weeks, and then the fish will gain "immunity?" against it? because i wont see it having visible white spots anymore. but a PBT being a PBT....the amount of spots it has now is well...haha. just need to pass the first few weeks and it should be alright i guess.

oh btw forget to comment on your carpet. its huge!!!!! and very nice! nice rockscape btw.

Yea its a stage where all powders must passed through. Some make it some dun. Yea, it has move to the front of my tank covering the front half of my tank when its fully opened. The rockscape is actually made of very big piece of rocks. Just about 6 pieces will give you very natural look

I just love the Joculator.. Once u get it, u will know that its different from a bi- colour and its hardiness makes it a very good choice for beginner. Its also one of the reef safest pygmies ard :rolleyes:

Agree, joc is not bicolor at all, it's much more beautiful and hardier. But it's hefty price tag does not make it a good choice for beginner.

The group of flame does not seem to go along too well w the pair of joc, the tank becomes too crowded. Removing the flames will make the joc pair stand out more and maybe induce spawning also? Anyway jux my personal opinion la.

Agree, joc is not bicolor at all, it's much more beautiful and hardier. But it's hefty price tag does not make it a good choice for beginner.

The group of flame does not seem to go along too well w the pair of joc, the tank becomes too crowded. Removing the flames will make the joc pair stand out more and maybe induce spawning also? Anyway jux my personal opinion la.

If the beginner has the money to burn I believe this fish is a good choice compared to cheaper but more delicate fishes like AT, PBT or even regal angel.

My joc has already show spawning behavior so I believe its a matter of time. Durig lights out, the male is starting to pick on the female's ana* fin. Anyway the 2 species of dwarf show little to no aggression to each other so I believe they be ok(My initial worry when I add the jocs to my tank)

If the beginner has the money to burn I believe this fish is a good choice compared to cheaper but more delicate fishes like AT, PBT or even regal angel.

My joc has already show spawning behavior so I believe its a matter of time. Durig lights out, the male is starting to pick on the female's ana* fin. Anyway the 2 species of dwarf show little to no aggression to each other so I believe they be ok(My initial worry when I add the jocs to my tank)

Tat's good to hear, like others i'm also hoping there'll be some inter-spawning and create some flame-joc hybrids not known to the world yet!

• Senior Reefer

DA, i love that gorgonian. Where did you get it? have been looking high and low for it ever since i saw the giant specimen in david saxby's tank.

most i find are small or dying.. it's photosynthetic i presume? mind letting me know where to find and how much? ._.

• SRC Member

Is that pink one a CARPET As well?! If it is, it is HUMUNGOUS!!!! WWWWWWWAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.... aren't you afraid of it eating your fishys? LOL

:bow::bow::yeah::yeah:

btw the small blue one is also a beaut. :kiss:

:look:

Desi

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

DA, i love that gorgonian. Where did you get it? have been looking high and low for it ever since i saw the giant specimen in david saxby's tank.

most i find are small or dying.. it's photosynthetic i presume? mind letting me know where to find and how much? ._.

Yes, its photosynthetic. Got mine from Iwarna and usually they have good specimens. I can remember how much I bought it for but should be less than 2 red notes.

I was hooked by the one Harlequin had in their display tank last time

Is that pink one a CARPET As well?! If it is, it is HUMUNGOUS!!!! WWWWWWWAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.... aren't you afraid of it eating your fishys? LOL

:bow::bow::yeah::yeah:

btw the small blue one is also a beaut. :kiss:

:look:

Desi

Yes, its a pinkish red haddoni. Its about 1 feet across so far it has not touched any of my fishes so finger crossed. :fear::fear:

• Senior Reefer
Yes, its photosynthetic. Got mine from Iwarna and usually they have good specimens. I can remember how much I bought it for but should be less than 2 red notes.

I was hooked by the one Harlequin had in their display tank last time

thanks! are they fast growers?

LemonLemon: I have seen a little growth but they sure are damn hardy. Its ok tochoose one with no polyp extension at the lfs, just make sure thats its not over slimy and does not have too much white patches

ketchup: you can get them too. Think LCK recently brought in a huge shipment of carpets recently :eyebrow::eyebrow:

• Senior Reefer
LemonLemon: I have seen a little growth but they sure are damn hardy. Its ok tochoose one with no polyp extension at the lfs, just make sure thats its not over slimy and does not have too much white patches

ketchup: you can get them too. Think LCK recently brought in a huge shipment of carpets recently :eyebrow::eyebrow:

tyvm for the help! will definately keep a look out. by far the hardiest and one of the nicest gorgonians imo.

tyvm for the help! will definately keep a look out. by far the hardiest and one of the nicest gorgonians imo.

You have not seen the brown gorgonian from Caribbean, exactly like the Indo-pacific type but the branch is about 1 inch thick! :eyebrow:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

lemonlemon: Will keep a lookout for nice and healthy for you

fuel: Saw it before when Paradiz reef brought in last time. No one was interested in it <_<<_<

Paradiz reef is it the one at koon seng road? its closed down right? Seen the uncle delivering NSW to farms