bloated mushies

VelvetAirwaves

hi all , just an observation i've been making , my mushies more than often are bloated , most of the time before i on the lights , after i on the lights they're fine. just wondering if this behaviour for mushies is normal and has anybody else experienced these type of behaviour in mushies or any other corals?

• SRC Member
hi all , just an observation i've been making , my mushies more than often are bloated , most of the time before i on the lights , after i on the lights they're fine. just wondering if this behaviour for mushies is normal and has anybody else experienced these type of behaviour in mushies or any other corals?

I hardly observe my tank when the lights are off, but I'm guessing you mean the mushroom closes up or curls into a ball? That is pretty much their normal behaviour when they are digesting stuff. They open as soon as the lights switch on cos they are photosynthetic.

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

I hardly observe my tank when the lights are off, but I'm guessing you mean the mushroom closes up or curls into a ball? That is pretty much their normal behaviour when they are digesting stuff. They open as soon as the lights switch on cos they are photosynthetic.

yeap something like that , plus the stem or what you call that gets like filled with i dont know what haha! XD

• SRC Member

Curling up in the dark seems to be good sign. I observed that only my established mushies curl up at night and the new ones usually does not.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

are there any other odd behaviours that certain corals tend to have? my gonipora seems to bloat up and i mean bloat. : / but i saw pictures of other peoples gonios also bloating up , wonder if thats a good sign :S

corals r same as human

70+% in body is fuild.. less their skeleton n flesh...

LPS also absorbs water elements,as perceive by human eye as a fat n bubbly coral lolx..

mushroom normally close u p their poylps at night or shrink many times at night its common..

it would b very stress on them if debris collect on them at night then while they r resting they still have to shed their mucus to let the debris float away..