WTB:real octopus

• SRC Member
hi guys looking for an octopus.if you have pls msg me at 82281416.thanks.better if can post pic here:)

hello bro

erm last time saw one at henry marine life

think is the mimic yea

you can go see

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

just wana add that octopus are escape artists. careful not to let them go into overflow, down into sump where they might die...

and as bro weesy74 said, mimic octo needs large swimming area... better to get normal reef octos that are more accustomed to reef scapes..

• SRC Member
just wana add that octopus are escape artists. careful not to let them go into overflow, down into sump where they might die...

and as bro weesy74 said, mimic octo needs large swimming area... better to get normal reef octos that are more accustomed to reef scapes..

yep I totally agree what bro foocha said they are GREAT escape artists

maybe you cool go to coral farms and get them as they import such stuff

most importantly do not get the blue ring octopus it kills mate :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

• Senior Reefer

not to be a wet blanket, but i dun advocate keeping an octopus..... they generally have a short lifespan of a few months maybe a year in captivity? they can bite you too so becareful. and yes make sure u seal all escapes. as a high % of their body is made of water, they can squeeze through any hole and easily escape. you can feed them nuisense crab that u find in most tanks. im sure most ppl here will galdy giv u for free.

octopuses make intelligent and amusing pets. but not for the average aquarists. i hoped u research before buying (: will keep a look out for u..

• SRC Member
not to be a wet blanket, but i dun advocate keeping an octopus..... they generally have a short lifespan of a few months maybe a year in captivity? they can bite you too so becareful. and yes make sure u seal all escapes. as a high % of their body is made of water, they can squeeze through any hole and easily escape. you can feed them nuisense crab that u find in most tanks. im sure most ppl here will galdy giv u for free.

octopuses make intelligent and amusing pets. but not for the average aquarists. i hoped u research before buying (: will keep a look out for u..

woa bro lemon haha how to look out for him de?

haha at coral farm ar hehe

hey u said that octopus are mainly made of water when they squeeze the water come out?

haha didnt know abt this :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

• Senior Reefer
woa bro lemon haha how to look out for him de?

haha at coral farm ar hehe

hey u said that octopus are mainly made of water when they squeeze the water come out?

haha didnt know abt this :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

no la i mean. their body only water and flesh. no bones no cartilage. so they are very flexible and can contort their body to squeeze in tight space.

• SRC Member
no la i mean. their body only water and flesh. no bones no cartilage. so they are very flexible and can contort their body to squeeze in tight space.

oh haha hehe thought only made of flesh then fill with water to become fat

hahaha paiseh never read books one haha

now I finally know thanks hehe

:thanks::eyebrow: :eyebrow:

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

• Senior Reefer
Think I only saw blue ring at coral farm. I could be wrong.

yea i so far only see blue rings there. they do have a cuttlefish though....

but cephlopods require good water quality. low NO3 and PO4. treat them like an SPS minus the light reuirements ;)

• SRC Member
yea i so far only see blue rings there. they do have a cuttlefish though....

but cephlopods require good water quality. low NO3 and PO4. treat them like an SPS minus the light reuirements ;)

dunno if i am rite or wrong

heard the cuttlefish can make a very clean water become dirty

anyway just very curious

there the octopus how much ar :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

of course not buying hor

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

dunno if i am rite or wrong

heard the cuttlefish can make a very clean water become dirty

anyway just very curious

there the octopus how much ar :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

of course not buying hor

Think it is $30. Better dun buy. Dangerous....

event.png