Binosage's 24G nano tank

albinosage

• SRC Member
the hawk looks cooler than a flame hawk! haha! nice bubble btw

Yah hahaha, I actually like this one a lot. Wanted to get another falco's hawk, but my gf didn't like it, so bought the only other hawkfish at the farm. But I would give up this fish in a heartbeat for a flame hawk haha, I'm treading the limit on the number of fishes I can keep in such a small tank. :P

Your tank is amazingly clean... great job! What cleaning crew do you have?

Hahaha, ORD leh... obsessive reefing disorder. I have 3 pink turbo snails, 1 astrea snail, 3 bumble bee snails, 1 porcelain crab, 2 pom pom crabs, 2 cleaner shrimps and one marble star fish. Most of them contribute to the cleanliness in a way.

I switch off the pump when feeding, so that the food doesn't get trapped in the IOS, and stay suspended in the water - gives the slower feeders like seahorses a fairer shot at the food. It also helps that my mandarin fish scavenges for food at the bottom.

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member
Not yet! Hahaha, doing an experiment now, see how much nitrate is produced in a 2 week period with heavy feeding and without water change. As of yesterday, it was 5ppm before water change. Since NO3 and PO4 is not a problem for me, I won't be running the skimmer for the time being, I think dissolved organic substances can be beneficial for the corals.

I m not surprised if dissolved organic nutrients may be beneficial to some corals....coz whenever i do frequent water change my mushies and acan lord dun like it.

But when my water is a bit "dirty", they seems to enjoy haha...

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member

Yah, I noticed that some of my zoas were not doing well too, starting to show signs of stress, maybe my 20-30% water change per week was stressing them, now I'm taking it easy on the water change since my nutrient level is manageable. :P

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member
Yah, I noticed that some of my zoas were not doing well too, starting to show signs of stress, maybe my 20-30% water change per week was stressing them, now I'm taking it easy on the water change since my nutrient level is manageable. :P

if i m not wrong i think synethic salt mix have undissolved particles and so when we do water change some of these gets into them and they dun appreciate it.

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member
if i m not wrong i think synethic salt mix have undissolved particles and so when we do water change some of these gets into them and they dun appreciate it.

Yup, I used to use natural sea water, only switched back to salt mix last weekend. I think the constant water change could have disturbed the corals.

Hows ur acan doing? Im thinking of getting one.. Your water is sparkling clean, mine seems to have alot of detris floating around :S

You talking about Ah Siang's acan right? I don't have. The LPS in the tank is a bubble coral :P

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member
Yup, I used to use natural sea water, only switched back to salt mix last weekend. I think the constant water change could have disturbed the corals.

You talking about Ah Siang's acan right? I don't have. The LPS in the tank is a bubble coral :P

GO got very nice acan....the orange crush acan u c in my thread...go get it! There's an orange colour acan maxima right at the corner....very shui...very tempted to buy just now..it's worth it man...for that price. (2 blue notes i was quoted)

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member
GO got very nice acan....the orange crush acan u c in my thread...go get it! There's an orange colour acan maxima right at the corner....very shui...very tempted to buy just now..it's worth it man...for that price. (2 blue notes i was quoted)

Wah, your orange crush acan is really nice!! Repost the pic from your thread, hope you don't mind:

post-15124-1242020337.jpg

I'm trying not to add anymore big items for the time being, my tank inhabitants seem to be happy with the way things are at the moment, everybody take one corner to relak haha. I'll wait a few more weeks before thinking of what to get next. Afraid that if I add or remove anything, they will get confused or fight over territory. I would have given away the bubble long ago, if not for the clown haha.

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• Senior Reefer

i dunno why my yellow wrasse sooo big liao still juv colour. its like almost 4 inches liao leh -_- now its neither here nor there. losing the nice cute black spots on the fins, but dun hav the adult marking on the face yet.

• SRC Member
i dunno why my yellow wrasse sooo big liao still juv colour. its like almost 4 inches liao leh -_- now its neither here nor there. losing the nice cute black spots on the fins, but dun hav the adult marking on the face yet.

Don't worry, it's probably going through it's teenage rebellion stage, neither here nor there, finding its identity hahaha. I really like the black spots though, good thing it will be this way for quite a while.

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• Senior Reefer
Don't worry, it's probably going through it's teenage rebellion stage, neither here nor there, finding its identity hahaha. I really like the black spots though, good thing it will be this way for quite a while.

reddevilz one is about half the size of mine but his has full adult colouration ): mine is.....like peter pan. never grow up

• SRC Supporter

i prefer the boyish look on the yellow wrasse haha!

bro peacemaker: rem to get the 1 as small as possible,heard that only young ones do their job.LOL!

bro tong: what salt mix u using ah.

and ah,u too hardworking liao.. "ORD" LOL! i like this term!

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• SRC Member
reddevilz one is about half the size of mine but his has full adult colouration ): mine is.....like peter pan. never grow up

Yah I just saw his tank pics, haha. Your peter pan wrasse is solid yellow at the moment? Quite nice wat, look like banana hahaha.

Nice yellow wrasse... mind PMing me where you got it and how much? Thought of getting one myself to deal with nudis... <_<

Yah I bought this one for pest control too. PM-ed you about where I bought it. :P

what salt mix u using ah.

Coral life, very old stock cos I don't usually use salt mix.

and ah,u too hardworking liao.. "ORD" LOL! i like this term!

Not hardworking lah, poor - cannot afford automated systems like yours mah. I bet your tank cabinet is like batcave, full of gadgets hahaha.

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Supporter
Yah I just saw his tank pics, haha. Your peter pan wrasse is solid yellow at the moment? Quite nice wat, look like banana hahaha.

Yah I bought this one for pest control too. PM-ed you about where I bought it. :P

Coral life, very old stock cos I don't usually use salt mix.

Not hardworking lah, poor - cannot afford automated systems like yours mah. I bet your tank cabinet is like batcave, full of gadgets hahaha.

haha bro..alot of things still cannot automated leh..

how nice if WC can be.. LOL!

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• SRC Member
Pictures of my yellow wrasse, finally came out of hiding :eyebrow:

post-15730-1242186109.jpg

post-15730-1242186125.jpg

post-15730-1242186146.jpg

Wah so nice arh... :shock::yeah:

1ft cube with IOS [the low tech tank]

1. JBJ C-breeze to keep temp hovering around 27-28'C

2. LED clip on - 120 bulbs

-skimmer-less-

My 3 humble equipments that keeps my tank running... [DRIED OUT]

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Temperature maintained at 25.3'C to 24.7'C

No3: 10ppm(b4 the use of the deltec skimmer)

No3: 5ppm (after use of the skimmer)

Others? too lazy to measure...LOL

Camera- EOS 50D

• 5 weeks later...