NormanH

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member
Ian- sorry i got another question- i intend to use those submerged lighting for my actinic tube- did u change the tube yourself? the light usually comes with a redish tropical tube- was it a simple matter of just unscrewing the end caps?

i think it was CoralSun 20000k right?- its not blue & neither is it actinic 03.

it has a higher blue spectrum than 10,000k or 17,000k for depth penetration.

If u want florescence still better to go for pure actinic 03.(try to find this on the box packaging)- the reason i mention keong seong was cause she knows what kinda light she's selling- they are the JBJ agent for SG.(if there's a cheaper tube with the same effect, she'll recommend u that)

The changing of the bulb is very simple. open screw and remember the sequence when you open it. Only problem, or shall i say might be a problem is that i noticed condensation in the tube. My temp is 26 and i guess the heat from the light condences in the tube. Not much though. ;)

"actinic 03" FL 43" Any good brand I should look out for?

Where or who is keong seong?

Acrylic Aquarium Filtering Systems

Acrylic tanks, sumps, protein skimmers, overflow box, refugium, calcium reactors, zeovit reactors and many more...

Our New Address:

Blk 9003, Tampines St. 93,

Tampines Industrial Park A,

#03-134, Singapore 528837

(Located behind Tampines SAFRA)

Contact Nos.

(Tel) +65 9298 9489

(Fax) +65 6588 4711

Please direct your...

Email me : info@iaquatic.com

*Please do not send PM's to us. Thank you

• SRC Member

Thanks ong and bawater for your info. Just need to know one more thing.

"actinic 03" FL Any good brand I should look out for?

I'm going to shops soon. :D

Acrylic tanks, sumps, protein skimmers, overflow box, refugium, calcium reactors, zeovit reactors and many more...

Our New Address:

Contact Nos.

(Tel) +65 9298 9489

(Fax) +65 6588 4711

Please direct your...

• SRC Member

Thanks bawater, i just came back from Sea Life. Asked a few questions and there was this kapo boy nearby listining. :D After i left, oh i didn't buy the light yet, this boy followed me out side to my car. He asked me if i was new to this hobby and asked me to visit this forum. It was none other than Achilles Tang! :lol::D

Anyways would one actinic FL be enough? :unsure:

or is it only a personal preference?

Our New Address:

Contact Nos.

(Tel) +65 9298 9489

(Fax) +65 6588 4711

Please direct your...

• SRC Member
Tanzy,

Need advice on lights from you.

My 4x2x2 coral tank is using 2 aqualux PL (10K) and 3 coralife FL (20K, 7.5K, Actinic 03). Corals opening. Enough?

What corals are you keeping? I'll assume the PL are 36W and FL are 4' tubes. Sounds sufficient except the fluorescents can't punch enough intensity deep into the tank so only low light corals can be kept low down.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

Ian,

I may be mistaken, but do you have a lionfish in your tank? The thingy on the bottom right hand corner of your tank seems to be a lionfish. If that is the case, I don't think you should be keeping any corals. It is either the corals or the lionfish.

I recognize your tank as being from Aquatechnic. But it is a bit unusual for an Aquatechhic tank in that your have quite a bit of plumbing (and also a skimmer) hanging out from the top of the tank. Do you not have a sump because it was formally a freshwater plant tank?

• SRC Member
Ian,

I may be mistaken, but do you have a lionfish in your tank? The thingy on the bottom right hand corner of your tank seems to be a lionfish. If that is the case, I don't think you should be keeping any corals. It is either the corals or the lionfish.

y did u say tat?if we keep lionfish cannot have corals meh? :unsure::blink::wacko:

• SRC Member

A clarification. Whilest lionfishes do not ear corals, they do love to eat everything else that are found commonly in reef tanks (i.e., smaller to medium size fishes, shrimps, etc). They have huge mouths!!

So having a lionfish severly limits your choice of fish in a reef tank. The only other fish that can be safely placed with lionfishes are other similarly large-sized fishes . . . and many of those larger fishes will eat coral.

• SRC Member
Thanks bawater, i just came back from Sea Life. Asked a few questions and there was this kapo boy nearby listining. :D After i left, oh i didn't buy the light yet, this boy followed me out side to my car. He asked me if i was new to this hobby and asked me to visit this forum. It was none other than Achilles Tang! :lol::D

Anyways would one actinic FL be enough? :unsure:

or is it only a personal preference?

AT goes around plugging his forums??

• SRC Member

ian-i think one should be enough. i'm only using one but may fit in another one,depends if i have space when i re-setup.

i really think its personal since u already have MH's. Its recommended on most reef sites for supplement if using FL or PL only.

:)

• SRC Member

Wow! you reallty noticed things in my tank huh.

Heres my story...

I have a 4 2 2 planted tank for 2 years. Bought from H2O the tank. No holes at all. (Picture below was in the process of setting up tank. On the right was over flow box which i took out latter when i changed to marine)

One 2 ft reef and loved it so much! then had another 2ft with 2 lion fish.

Got bored of planted and changed to marine. Setup everything and had lion fish in tank to help with cycle. After which transfered lion fish to 2 ft tank again. And setup another quarinteen tank.

Unfortunately 4 2 2 has no holes so had to make over flow box and sump. Skimmer was hanging on tank and now transfered to sump.

Camera went kaputs and waiting for it to be repared to take more photos.

Problem with placing blue FL 03 neatly. So in process today to make skirting hood on tank. Open concept gone! ;)

My dad bought a leaf file trigger not knowing that it is not so good for reef and now it is with the lion fish tank with a seperator. And was given 2 ells by my friend, ribbon and snow flake. Ribbon found my floor one night and transfered it to lion tank. Snow flake is doing will in my 4 2 2.

post-6-1041312879.jpg

Our New Address:

Contact Nos.

(Tel) +65 9298 9489

(Fax) +65 6588 4711

Please direct your...