Live Sand Shortage!

Just a heads up to those planning to start a tank or add sand to your system. I went quite a few places today to hunt for 40lb of Black aragonite Live sand, I couldn't find a single shop selling it, or even regular coloured aragonite live sand. Coral sand some places still have in stock.

There seems so be some kind of island-wide shortage of live sand (all colours and all brands at the moment.)

I've visited 6 of the most popular LFS of our forumers and they are all out of stock. Most are expecting stock between "1 Month from now" to "No idea when stock will arrive"

Only 1 shop (I won't name) had stock, but price was :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I got lucky and snagged the only remaining bag from Polyart Aquarium (Clementi Blk 328) at the usual price of under a blue note.

So be sure to call ahead before you head down to your LFS looking for live sand, they most likely don't have stock. Also this thread would be more useful if any reefers could post the shops they have visited this week that still have live sand in stock.

• SRC Member

Bought one 20lb bucket of Coral Reef live sand from Reborn 2 weeks ago, still had at least one or two more left when I purchased it. Good luck in your search :lol:

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• 3 weeks later...
Just a heads up to those planning to start a tank or add sand to your system. I went quite a few places today to hunt for 40lb of Black aragonite Live sand, I couldn't find a single shop selling it, or even regular coloured aragonite live sand. Coral sand some places still have in stock.

There seems so be some kind of island-wide shortage of live sand (all colours and all brands at the moment.)

I've visited 6 of the most popular LFS of our forumers and they are all out of stock. Most are expecting stock between "1 Month from now" to "No idea when stock will arrive"

Only 1 shop (I won't name) had stock, but price was :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I got lucky and snagged the only remaining bag from Polyart Aquarium (Clementi Blk 328) at the usual price of under a blue note.

So be sure to call ahead before you head down to your LFS looking for live sand, they most likely don't have stock. Also this thread would be more useful if any reefers could post the shops they have visited this week that still have live sand in stock.

I'm looking for 40lb Black Aragonite Live sand...mind PM me the price and place of getting hold of one?

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

I'm looking for 40lb Black Aragonite Live sand...mind PM me the price and place of getting hold of one?

No LFS that I am aware of had stock as of 2 - 3 weeks ago, and none was expecting stock until earliest middle of this month.

• SRC Member
No LFS that I am aware of had stock as of 2 - 3 weeks ago, and none was expecting stock until earliest middle of this month.

any 1 interested to get can contact me (got friend selling new packet), but can only sell around in the month of MAY.

1) Bio-Activ Live® Aragonite Black Beach - 20 lb (9.07 kg) Bag

2) Bio-Activ Live® Aragonite Reef Sand - 20 lb (9.07 kg) Bag

3) Bio-Activ Live® Aragonite Reef Substrate - 16 lb (7.26 kg) Bag

4) Hawaiian Puka Shell #10 - 6.8kg

5) Hawaiian Puka Shell #5 - 6.8kg

6) Australian Gold Sand #5 - 6.8kg

(no promises), but can consolidate your order with me and i will let you know the price.

Cheers

any 1 interested to get can contact me (got friend selling new packet), but can only sell around in the month of MAY.

1) Bio-Activ Live® Aragonite Black Beach - 20 lb (9.07 kg) Bag

2) Bio-Activ Live® Aragonite Reef Sand - 20 lb (9.07 kg) Bag

3) Bio-Activ Live® Aragonite Reef Substrate - 16 lb (7.26 kg) Bag

4) Hawaiian Puka Shell #10 - 6.8kg

5) Hawaiian Puka Shell #5 - 6.8kg

6) Australian Gold Sand #5 - 6.8kg

(no promises), but can consolidate your order with me and i will let you know the price.

Cheers

If stock can come end of this month, I may consider taking 2 packet of Bio-Activ Live® Aragonite Reef Sand.

btw, pls advice the price.

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member
If stock can come end of this month, I may consider taking 2 packet of Bio-Activ Live® Aragonite Reef Sand.

btw, pls advice the price.

Noted and pm you.

Any 1 who wanna buy live sand pls let me know your order via here / pm

• SRC Member
Noted and pm you.

can pm me the price ?

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• SRC Member

all pm replied, but bros, bare in mind that that there might be changes , however have took down all orders.

Once confirmed stock in, prices set, will update all via pm / post . :)

wanna buy more and pay cheaper! :D:D:D

all pm replied, but bros, bare in mind that that there might be changes , however have took down all orders.

Once confirmed stock in, prices set, will update all via pm / post . :)

wanna buy more and pay cheaper! :D:D:D

When will come? Tank coming tomorrow...

event.png

• SRC Member
When will come? Tank coming tomorrow...

Bro, it will come around may.

In the meantime, if you are able to find other live sand, and need to cycle your tank, can go and purchase it first (or use normal sand).

You can cycle your tank first, then add the live sand when the stock come *dont add fishes first will be the best as cycling itself take 1 month or more to be stable*

All the best bro!

Reefdepot got white livesand in stock. do check it out.

Call ahead to confirm price and availability first...If its the Natures Ocean one, they are pricier than normal, last I checked.

Bro, it will come around may.

In the meantime, if you are able to find other live sand, and need to cycle your tank, can go and purchase it first (or use normal sand).

You can cycle your tank first, then add the live sand when the stock come *dont add fishes first will be the best as cycling itself take 1 month or more to be stable*

All the best bro!

Just bought 3 bags of 20lb Black live sand from AM. not enough to fill to the depth i want. I will still take 2 bag if stock coming in May. I want black one. White one cannot as i already have 3 bags of black in my tank.

event.png

Noted and pm you.

Hi bro,

any update of price and stock availbility?

Thanks.

Just bought 3 bags of 20lb Black live sand from AM. not enough to fill to the depth i want. I will still take 2 bag if stock coming in May. I want black one. White one cannot as i already have 3 bags of black in my tank.

Can show your tank? I would like to see how the black sand look like in your tank leh :whistle !

• SRC Member

Hi All bros,

Price on the live sand is 48.8, supplier is giving only 10% discount base on current order.

There's no update on when will the live sand been coming in too.

48.8 * 90% ~ $44 ($43.92 actual amount)

1) If there's any bros who can provide the lowest price of LFS selling the live sand, will drop the idea of the purchase and go to the LFS

2) There can be more discount if there's more order.

Guys leave it to you all to decide.

p.s: i am not earning any $$ from this as just wanna help me and other reefer to attain the product at the lowest price possible (win win situation).