Going to HK... which LFS to go??

wilsontantw

• SRC Member
Actually nothing really impress me when i was there. Price wise i find sg cheaper leh.

really depends on which products you're looking at... they sell skimz there too and obviously its gonna be cheaper here...

and don't forget to haggle! not trying to be a typical singaporean tourist but sometimes when they see you're not local....

the electronics street suppose to have some good bargain too, if you missed the recent crazy IT show. haha

• SRC Member
If you can, take some photos of the place and post it here when you're back. It'll be nice to see how the LFSs in HK look like. ^_^

in case thee is no pictures, u wil be amazed to picture this in ur mind, huge 8ft tanks full of fishes and lps running only on a weipro skimer, alo of shops are liddat

Mix Reef Tank: 5ft x 2.5ft x 2ft mixed reef

Chiller: daikin 1hp compressor

Return: Red Dragon 6.5m3

Lighting: Aqua Lumen Ocean 4ft

Skimmer: Reef Octopus RO-RPS-5000-EXT w/ Bubble Blaster

CR: RM 824 /milwakee PH controller

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

American Pinpoint PH monitor

American Pinpoint ORP Monitor with Resun Ozone

RM sulphur denitrator

RM FR 424

RM FR 624

TLF Phosban Reactor

My old tank thread

469748_10150741487628605_529506809_o_zps36d5c396.jpg

• SRC Member
in case thee is no pictures, u wil be amazed to picture this in ur mind, huge 8ft tanks full of fishes and lps running only on a weipro skimer, alo of shops are liddat

I thought HK have space constraints? I guess they still have the luxury of setting up huge tanks. -_-

I just came back from HK, fish there is definite cheaper than Spore, 1' size of emporer only HK 450 = S$90. I bought the biggest size of New Life (small milo can size) pallet, HK145 = S$29.

hmm... yeah, i heard of this new life pellets... seen it at some fellow reefer's place.

SG not selling it??

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

• Senior Reefer
hmm... yeah, i heard of this new life pellets... seen it at some fellow reefer's place.

SG not selling it??

have. reef depot sells almost all the kinds of formulas. this brand is by pablo and its really good. have been using it on my moorish idol. results? vibrant colours, impressive growth rates of damaged fins, and of coz. it is still surviving haha

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Waiting for Wilson's field report.... :look:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...