cleaning tank

• SRC Member

use a sponge, soak inside vinegar, put the sponge on those stains. let it stay overnight. next day should see some results, some stains can wipe off already. repeat the process. vinegar take time to react.

perhaps you may try to avoid contact with the silicon. i don't know what adverse reaction vinegar have on silicon

---------------------------------------------

The Deep Blue Sea in My HDB!

http://myfishyroomates.blogspot.com

use a sponge, soak inside vinegar, put the sponge on those stains. let it stay overnight. next day should see some results, some stains can wipe off already. repeat the process. vinegar take time to react.

perhaps you may try to avoid contact with the silicon. i don't know what adverse reaction vinegar have on silicon

ok thanks a lot! will go and try.

try scraping it off with a old / expired credit card? i find that very effective against coraline that has grown on the glass / arcylic tank.

I think his tank was freshwater. Those mineral deposits can be seriously stubborn, even a razor can't scrape it off.

I've also had this problem with my 3ft FW tank, its fan cooled so topup is quite intense (30+ litres a week). So the mineral buildup is quite scary, even with bi-weekly 20% water changes.

Last I tried, even undiluted 100% acetic acid (vinegar) couldn't get the water stains out, but I couldn't let it soak, as the tank was still up and running, applied waited a minute, tried scrubbing with sponge and scraping with a credit card, no luck.

Going to try Rowa Ezeclean when I take the tank down next, will update when I get a chance to.