The return of my 4x2x2.5(h) FOWLR after about 2 years

samchenz

Always "patroling" the live rocks......foraging to find any tasty morsel it may find....

In fact, I saw it in action just yesterday, pulling out from the LR a small bristle worm (about 6 cm)...its was very excited on the find and swam off quickly while chewing...a piece of the worm dropped off and was quickly taken by my 3 stripe damselfish. :evil:

post-2088-1238688027.jpg

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Did you use a cup as a hiding spot?I might try to use it for my freshwater plecos as i didn't think of that.... :pinch:

girlone.png

Did you use a cup as a hiding spot?I might try to use it for my freshwater plecos as i didn't think of that.... :pinch:

u are right bro....in fact there are two ceramic cups in my QT.

I use them for the new members to hide after a stressful journey (ie kena caught from the sea->transport here and there etc)

omg i tot the white part of ur DI unit was poker cards lol. obsessed about lady gaga's poker face now. everything is poker poker poker.. -.-

Now that u mentioned ....i went back to look and for a moment they do look like poker cards!

å‚è§çš‡ä¸Š :bow: ...The Emperor

kena battle scars :( ....hope will recover soon...will take photo later on when it heals :)

post-2088-1238950604.jpg

the toyogo seem good ... i am looking at that from NTUC too.

is ur goldie eating?

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

the toyogo seem good ... i am looking at that from NTUC too.

is ur goldie eating?

Bro Hammy,

I bought the Toyogo from Carrefour during offer, $10 to $11. About 40 to 45 litres.

The filter pump was in the sump to cultivate bacteria before using in the QT.

The goldie eat quite little, like maybe 3-5 mysis shrimps per feeding. Think must give it sometime....hope for the best.

My golden butterfly has not been eating alot since I bought it. Eats only 2-3 mysis per feeding....which is very worrying.

Finally today, I tried something to entice it to eat. I believe it could not recognise what is food (eg pellets/home made blended seafood all also dont want)

Just to share with everyone here so that u could also try this if you have a goldie that is not eating well

......i use this:

post-2088-1239378005.jpg

close up view during makan session.

so far today already eaten 4 clams (lala in hokkien), mostly eaten by the goldie as the rest are well fed first, so that no one competes with the goldie.

The funny thing about these clams is that all of them each got a mini crab in it :ph34r: ! I am not sure why but perhaps they are having a symbiotic relation? or is the crab a parasite?

Anyway, the crabs are of course finished off by my Harlequin tuskfish :eyebrow:

post-2088-1239378830.jpg

More updates please! Really great tank you have there!

How about a FTS with the fishes inside?

Thanks Firestarter. its nothing compare to those experts around here. :)

Think my FTS cant really see much....not much fish yet..