Pen Coral

pandagold

Just bought a pen coral and is now wondering around the tank. It's not like other corals which comes with Rock .

It's now drafted with the current and anchored behind my tank, which is rather irritating as we cannot see !

Hope someone help .

post-15886-1236161261.jpg

Their natural substrate is very fine sand/silt. It probably has difficulty in anchoring itself as I think your sand size might be too large. You can help it by creating a depression in your sand, insert a length of pvc tubing all the way down the sand column. Place the base of the sea pen in the pvc pipe and hope it stays there.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

thanks for your solution . I've tried to use a small rock to anchor it down the sand, but it just decided to srink it's base and started straying

used your solution. No luck , Pen coral has the same solution, srink it's base smaller and drafted . Seems to have a brain of it's own

By the way, my sand is coral chip size 0 .

Can I use Proxy to stick it to the pipes ?

Getting all busy because of this pen coral, sigh.....

( for some reason, it seems to like the left rear corner ?? , not too much wave and minimal lighting )

This one pain the the butt. It seems to have settled down at the back of the tank, and the only way to view it is through the reflection of the side glass panel !!.....sigh !!

Bought it from West Coast Market . Let me know if you are interested. This weekend going there for coral shopping again, much to the dismay of my wife

wow nice coral...where did u get it? never see before..

• SRC Member
This one pain the the butt. It seems to have settled down at the back of the tank, and the only way to view it is through the reflection of the side glass panel !!.....sigh !!

Bought it from West Coast Market . Let me know if you are interested. This weekend going there for coral shopping again, much to the dismay of my wife

where's west coast market bro???

• SRC Member
it's near Blk 500 + West Coast Market . Next to the place where the hawker centre is, with all the famous Malay food. Same road leading to Clementi stadium.

You referring to J1reh? Otherwise, there is a fish shop inside the market. They sell both freshwater and marine LS also.

• SRC Member
Just bought a pen coral and is now wondering around the tank. It's not like other corals which comes with Rock .

It's now drafted with the current and anchored behind my tank, which is rather irritating as we cannot see !

Hope someone help .

Read frm some books tat it isn't tat ez to kip... Must under low light conditions... They oso mentioned that it has "legs"?? :blink: like clams... :whistle

1ft cube with IOS [the low tech tank]

1. JBJ C-breeze to keep temp hovering around 27-28'C

2. LED clip on - 120 bulbs

-skimmer-less-

My 3 humble equipments that keeps my tank running... [DRIED OUT]

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Temperature maintained at 25.3'C to 24.7'C

No3: 10ppm(b4 the use of the deltec skimmer)

No3: 5ppm (after use of the skimmer)

Others? too lazy to measure...LOL

Camera- EOS 50D

It tends to move around... proberly that's the " legs ".

Don't seems to like strong light, always walking to the back of the tank !!

Anyone interested ??

Read frm some books tat it isn't tat ez to kip... Must under low light conditions... They oso mentioned that it has "legs"?? :blink: like clams... :whistle