Some tank pics

ambystoma82

• SRC Supporter
Wow.. very impressive collection of Zoas..

Even more impressed by your discipline to keep only a pair of clowns!

Your algae scrubber screen a bit small leh... seems like your sump can accomodate a larger one

agree with the scrubber thingy.

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your algae scrubber screen a bit small leh... seems like your sump can accomodate a larger one

e reason y i nv put inside e sump is bcus i didnt wan to buy another light bulb lolx..

trying to max out e light produce by my lighting..

it will definately grow..but then e seedling nt on e scrubber yet so may take some time..

i just lazy to scrap lolx at least got one lesser surface for me to scrap..

• SRC Member
e reason y i nv put inside e sump is bcus i didnt wan to buy another light bulb lolx..

trying to max out e light produce by my lighting..

it will definately grow..but then e seedling nt on e scrubber yet so may take some time..

i just lazy to scrap lolx at least got one lesser surface for me to scrap..

bro, even if you dun seed, the algae will grow on the screen after a few days also... =]

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

if i buy shrimp my zoas wun open..

if i buy other fish it wun b really able to appreciate them in a two feet..

for some critter n fish if i buy them they end up disturb my coral also..

everything u buy is a live at stake.. so must choose carefully..

just dun give up on your fish bcus their relative wear nicer clothes.. =(

• Senior Reefer
bro lemon ur one look like this..

can get a good angle on e pics..

light blue rim with yellow mouth ?

hmm ur pic cant see clearly. but this was mine. now no more le. the colony started doing very badly so have to giv other ppl help me salvage. u compare see if same or not.

post-15755-1235532655.jpg

• Senior Reefer
ur one is rim around e mouth mine one is mouth yellow diff..

is it possible keep 2-3 poylps?

i c if i can salvage lolx..

all give away liao. u wan u can pm wilson. i gave him a fairly good sized piece. see if he can spare u a frag.

sorry pple very busy with test nw..

haven find any1 able to teach me haiz..

will "karate" some frags n sell off next wk...

the PPE n metallic pink..

wow... just the describle alone, already let me drool liao.... haha....next week must hug my com n sleep liao

C DT verdict below for marinesnow if u r using them.. :pirate::pirate::pirate:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthre...hreadid=1576765

From e owner..

I am the owner of DT's Plankton Farm and am posting this, which is from the storage/odor/shelf life page of my website under DT's Live Marine Phytoplankton;

Odor:

DT�s Live Marine Phytoplankton does have a noticeable odor and it is normal that the odor is sulfurous. This is due to the fact that a type of sulfide, dimethylsulfide is produced by some phytoplankton and is associated with cryoprotection.

Sulfides produced by living phytoplankton: A small amount of sulfides are produced by phytoplankton that is always in the product. Sulfides are very volatile and they come out of solution and build up in the air within the bottle even at low temperatures. If the phytoplankton is kept at a temperature in the 40�s instead of the 30�s it will have more odor. If it warms up for even a short time, say during shipping, it will have more odor.

We had our product tested throughout its shelf life and beyond. The levels found were very low ranging from 17 to 20 ppm (ppm = parts per million). These levels are very low and were also very consistent from just packaged phytoplankton through phytoplankton that was more than 5 months old (beyond the shelf life). People are extremely sensitive to sulfides, which are detected at the very low levels of 0.5 ppb (parts per billion).

A bottle of DT�s Live Marine Phytoplankton may have a strong odor because dimethylsulfide builds up in the air that has been trapped in the bottle.

The odor from the phytoplankton is most noticeable in the air that is trapped in the bottle, and it builds up over time. That is why a half empty bottle smells more than a full bottle, and a large bottle smells more than a small bottle. While odor intensity is almost impossible to describe; it is normal for the odor of sulfides to be strong, particularly in DT�s that has been in storage for a while.

There is also a peer-reviewed research article concerning the quality of phytoplankton products in the aquarium trade that you should read if you are concerned about quality.

http://somas.stonybrook.edu/~MADL/p...-clamgrowth.pdf