Weekly Update - 23 Feb to 01 Mar

• SRC Member
Anything interesting at reborn?

Shipment coming in at 5pm this evening.

Still got majestic, emperor, koran and regal angels to top-up your tank, bro...

Those looking for rhino supersuns, RB still have 5 more, saw only one active with tentacles sticking out...that one can buy. Some clams....from 3-5 inches.

Lots of hammers, jewels and gonios....seems not too popular nowadays.

Still have algae blennies, cardinals, black tomato clowns and leaf triggers that look really ugly....

l7304smr.jpg

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
the leaf fish is a tassled filefish la XD leaf fish lolz. cute name for an ugly fish. got ppl buy one or not? i see it everywhere...

I dun know the real name...it looks like leaves to me n ugly...so i called it leaf trigger...lolx.

Actually they r a poor thing, coz if nobody buys...its a matter of time they die....and left in rubbish chute...i m not a supporter of LFS bringing trigger / file fishes...coz they need lots of space, not coral and fish friendly and demand is very low...shd not bring these fishes in.

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member
Shipment coming in at 5pm this evening.

Still got majestic, emperor, koran and regal angels to top-up your tank, bro...

Those looking for rhino supersuns, RB still have 5 more, saw only one active with tentacles sticking out...that one can buy. Some clams....from 3-5 inches.

Lots of hammers, jewels and gonios....seems not too popular nowadays.

Still have algae blennies, cardinals, black tomato clowns and leaf triggers that look really ugly....

Bro,

Thanks!!

Best Regards,

Morpheous

==========================================================================================

My Ocean Pets:

Emperor Angel, PowderBlue Tang, Regal Angel, Teardrop Butterfly, Singapore Angel and Nemos

==========================================================================================

(Only when you guard your lips, you guard your soul....)

SL got flame angel, potter, mata tang, kole tang, powder brown tang....one big sohal....and may one hybrid blackie or is it just brown tang.....regal tang, etc....

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member

Went to AM@Katong....nothing spectacular....saw a purple chalice..not bad except partially injured...

Lots of clams there...maxima and croceas...saw 2 green colours...not too bad, acceptable quality, if you are not too picky.

2 left over digitas...i think...not into SPS.

Saw 2 sea hares...1.5 inches big. Quite a lot of dartfishes left....and a huge eel (black with white stripes)

l7304smr.jpg

• Senior Reefer
I dun know the real name...it looks like leaves to me n ugly...so i called it leaf trigger...lolx.

Actually they r a poor thing, coz if nobody buys...its a matter of time they die....and left in rubbish chute...i m not a supporter of LFS bringing trigger / file fishes...coz they need lots of space, not coral and fish friendly and demand is very low...shd not bring these fishes in.

bring in these fishes can, but make sure got ppl buy and know how to take care...alot of time these fish buy liao ppl dunno how to take care -.- i ever see before in farm. those adults bring their family there to buy fish. the small little kids say "daddy daddy this fish nice and cute!" then the father give in la, let the child have wat he wants and buy the fish. and the fish that they are buying is an ornate butterfly. 100% coral polyp eater. so i dunno if they really know how to take care...if they know, then kudos! but if jusy buying for the sake of buying coz its nice, then really a pity. i think ppl shud read up on buying livestock before actually purchasing....otherwise its just wasting precious lives.

i know alot of ppl do researc, but this forum only a small % of the reefers in the whole of singapore. and im sure many ignorant newbies just buy seeing how nice they are. everyone im sure at a point in time also like this haha. just my 2 cents (: hope the awareness of demanding fish keeping increases. and the technology to sustain them increases too haha (:

SL update

Angels

Lots of flame angels

bicolour angel

rusty angel

lemon peel angel

majestic angel

yellow angel

coral beauty

blue face (but think they not selling)

asfur angel

potter angel

lots of yellow tang

purple tang

kole eye tang

powder blue tang

powder brown tang

sohal tang

sailfin tang

mimic tang

moorish idol

foxface

Reborn fish shipment today (fri). All the usual fish, damsels, chromis, cardinals, tangs, surgeons, false gamma, anithias, the lot. Coral wise, they have hammer, jewel, a tank full of mushrooms and another full of zoos, some star polyps, doughnut, some clams, tube worms....that's about all i can remember. I bought one bengai cardinal. They say that they estimate a coral shipment NEXT friday at around 5.00pm, but not confirmed. I will be there....

• Senior Reefer
lolx where got expert...

i scare he give scientific names..

go learn a few of the scientific names lor haha. i think remembering scientific names easier to identify fish...coz sometime alot of fish have same name like blue tang -.- or the fish they giv nicknames =\ but hard to remember all... ):

go learn a few of the scientific names lor haha. i think remembering scientific names easier to identify fish...coz sometime alot of fish have same name like blue tang -.- or the fish they giv nicknames =\ but hard to remember all... ):

some fish uncles duno scientific names..

blennies = gobies.. diff to describe..

• SRC Supporter

POMOCANTHUS PARU / FRENCH ANGEL

CENTROPYGE ARGI / PYGMY ANGEL

HOLOCANTHUS TRICOLOR / ROCK BEAUTY

HOLOCANTHUS CILIARIS / QUEEN ANGEL

Gramma melacara / BLACK CAP BASSLET

Serranus tortugarum / CHALK BASSLET

GRAMMA LORETO / ROYAL GRAMMA

LIOPROPOMA RUBRE / SWISSGUARD BASSLET

CHROMIS INSOLATUS / SUNSHINE CHROMIS

GOBIOSOMA OCEANOPS / NEON GOBY

APOGON MACULATUS / FLAME CARDINAL

LYSMATA WURDEMANNI (CR) / PEPPERMINT SHRIMP

ASTREA SP (MO) / ASTREA SNAIL

ENIGNA MENCARIA / BUMBLE BEE SNAIL

ASTREA SP / MEXICAN TURBO SNAILS

NASSARIUS SP (MO) / NASSARIUS SNAILS

Ricordia florida / RICORDIA

Reefdepot shipment

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

this is RD's??

do you know their operating hrs for today?

POMOCANTHUS PARU / FRENCH ANGEL

CENTROPYGE ARGI / PYGMY ANGEL

HOLOCANTHUS TRICOLOR / ROCK BEAUTY

HOLOCANTHUS CILIARIS / QUEEN ANGEL

Gramma melacara / BLACK CAP BASSLET

Serranus tortugarum / CHALK BASSLET

GRAMMA LORETO / ROYAL GRAMMA

LIOPROPOMA RUBRE / SWISSGUARD BASSLET

CHROMIS INSOLATUS / SUNSHINE CHROMIS

GOBIOSOMA OCEANOPS / NEON GOBY

APOGON MACULATUS / FLAME CARDINAL

LYSMATA WURDEMANNI (CR) / PEPPERMINT SHRIMP

ASTREA SP (MO) / ASTREA SNAIL

ENIGNA MENCARIA / BUMBLE BEE SNAIL

ASTREA SP / MEXICAN TURBO SNAILS

NASSARIUS SP (MO) / NASSARIUS SNAILS

Ricordia florida / RICORDIA

Reefdepot shipment

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

• Senior Reefer

FINALLY ROCK BEAUTY!!!!! wow tot this guy is a gonner! glad to see it in RD's shipment!!! haha. this fish deserves more recognition than this.....being imported only once every few months to a year! what happen to u man mr RB! <3

• SRC Member
FINALLY ROCK BEAUTY!!!!! wow tot this guy is a gonner! glad to see it in RD's shipment!!! haha. this fish deserves more recognition than this.....being imported only once every few months to a year! what happen to u man mr RB! <3

Actually it's not dat uncommon as what u've claimed la. Saw them in farms quite a number of times liao. So u getting one since u r so excited? :rolleyes:

• Senior Reefer
Actually it's not dat uncommon as what u've claimed la. Saw them in farms quite a number of times liao. So u getting one since u r so excited? :rolleyes:

isit!??! i never see for so long liao leh!! ): i think i ###### eye liao. haha. i want to buy but not reef safe right...): sianz. maybe later i go to see see....very nice fish,

isit!??! i never see for so long liao leh!! ): i think i ###### eye liao. haha. i want to buy but not reef safe right...): sianz. maybe later i go to see see....very nice fish,

one of the most difficult fish to keep. even in a reef tank, it is difficult to maintain his dietfor long.

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

yup i sawthem in desmond place a while ago too =)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10