tunze 6025/6045?

yikai

• Senior Reefer

Hi, due to many ppl say i need a wavemaker....i have decided either 6025 or 6045. both are cheapest and i can afford. but i want to know, is the 6045 too strong? will it be too strong and rip my corals apart? sorry if i ask stupid question lolz. never own a wavemaker before and the idea of one blowing water consistantly in a laminar flow, i scared too strong for my coral. if its too strong, i will get the 6025. any experience with these 2? can any bros advice me what is the strength of the flow like? roughly la. haha.

also, u think AM have stock? 6025/6045? cheers ty

• SRC Member

or u can alternatively get a tunze 6026 wavebox :P

haha get a hydor 2 as an cheaper alternative bro..

tunze will be on the higher price side...

chat me up on msn ill explain to you more..

Hi, due to many ppl say i need a wavemaker....i have decided either 6025 or 6045. both are cheapest and i can afford. but i want to know, is the 6045 too strong? will it be too strong and rip my corals apart? sorry if i ask stupid question lolz. never own a wavemaker before and the idea of one blowing water consistantly in a laminar flow, i scared too strong for my coral. if its too strong, i will get the 6025. any experience with these 2? can any bros advice me what is the strength of the flow like? roughly la. haha.

also, u think AM have stock? 6025/6045? cheers ty

If no sand bed, use the strongest wavemaker if you can. 6045 is not that strong for ur 3ft tank, IMO, I recomend that you get 2x6045. My tank is 3ft by 3ft and I'm using 2x6101, 1x6060 and 1x6045 to hit the blind spot.

It would be good if you have 2 wavemakers and pointing at almost at each other to create turbulent. Just one will create laminar flow like the flow from your return pump.

Member of :
post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F

MASS in Facebook

Reefing in LED

• SRC Member

:upsidedown: 6045 is ok for your tank, AM will have stock around 3 weeks time (should be the one with the stainless steel impellar)

but you must buy 2 to create the ideal turbulence as what rocky boy mention.

you will see alot of difference and wont regret buying that (been there done that :P)

• Senior Reefer

i hav no money to buy 2 la haha! i just bought the 6045!! dam happy. im pointing the wavemaker at the return pipe to produce turbulant flow. laminar flow not good for LPS will tear the tissue. so now woah random flow. very nice! thanks all for the support (:

i hav no money to buy 2 la haha! i just bought the 6045!! dam happy. im pointing the wavemaker at the return pipe to produce turbulant flow. laminar flow not good for LPS will tear the tissue. so now woah random flow. very nice! thanks all for the support (:

Pls post your setup. See if we can optimise your wavepump.

Member of :
post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F

MASS in Facebook

Reefing in LED