wavemaker important?

yikai

• Senior Reefer

hi broz. is wavemaker important? my 3 ft tank so far dun have any wavemakers...i had a cheap sun sun one which spoilt. but i find it too powerful anyway. i see almost everyone here have a wavemaker...is it that important? im using my return pipe to target water around my tank. its not much, but at least it keeps my coral's tentacles moving. i want a wavemaker, but they are dam expensive....and was just wandering if its necessary? im just a studen so cannot anyhow spend money XD the cheapest wavemaker i see aquamarin selling is those nano ones. but even so, it cost 9 red notes. and its not even strong enuf for my tank. so was just going to ask if isit REALLY neccesary? as in, die die must have? or isit only a luxury item....please let me know ty :)

• SRC Member
hi broz. is wavemaker important? my 3 ft tank so far dun have any wavemakers...i had a cheap sun sun one which spoilt. but i find it too powerful anyway. i see almost everyone here have a wavemaker...is it that important? im using my return pipe to target water around my tank. its not much, but at least it keeps my coral's tentacles moving. i want a wavemaker, but they are dam expensive....and was just wandering if its necessary? im just a studen so cannot anyhow spend money XD the cheapest wavemaker i see aquamarin selling is those nano ones. but even so, it cost 9 red notes. and its not even strong enuf for my tank. so was just going to ask if isit REALLY neccesary? as in, die die must have? or isit only a luxury item....please let me know ty :)

i can pass mine to u if you want...its the sun sun brand, 3000l/hr.

l7304smr.jpg

• Senior Reefer

i notice that because my tank very little wave movements, some area very "dusty". alot of fine particles settle on the rocks. i only have one return pump creating q moderate current on the left side of my tank. my torch and hammer coral seem to love it, and my clowns occasionally go there. but because of this, my coral placement quite limited. means can only put those need flow one at left side. right side can only put mushies, GSP, clove, those not so dependant on flow.

but if the wavemaker's function is only to decrease dead spots and oxygenise the tank, then i guess i can make do without it for the mean time. but if its detrimental to my corals if i dun have one, then i should get one soon. anyone know if corals will die/not do well without wavemaker?

ahsiang, last time my sun sun one the metal axle became rusty. i dunno what happen. do u need it? if u need it then u use bah. i just want to know if without wavemaker is bad for coral or not. haha. not so urgent yet...thanks for the offer though :)

i notice that because my tank very little wave movements, some area very "dusty". alot of fine particles settle on the rocks. i only have one return pump creating q moderate current on the left side of my tank. my torch and hammer coral seem to love it, and my clowns occasionally go there. but because of this, my coral placement quite limited. means can only put those need flow one at left side. right side can only put mushies, GSP, clove, those not so dependant on flow.

but if the wavemaker's function is only to decrease dead spots and oxygenise the tank, then i guess i can make do without it for the mean time. but if its detrimental to my corals if i dun have one, then i should get one soon. anyone know if corals will die/not do well without wavemaker?

ahsiang, last time my sun sun one the metal axle became rusty. i dunno what happen. do u need it? if u need it then u use bah. i just want to know if without wavemaker is bad for coral or not. haha. not so urgent yet...thanks for the offer though :)

when i started i didnt have one and even with a strong return, true to form i had a poopy deritus filled corner and also especially at the base of some rocks. I put it in and it made a big difference to the tank, and i think the fish like it. drop food in front and watch them swim to get. more adventure and fun for everyone :)

baudi

• SRC Member

Mine is not the magnetic one...its the suction type that mount on the glass panel. Let me know when u want, its too powerful for my tank...can c my mushies all want to fly liao. Kept in cupboard, as good as new.

l7304smr.jpg

Very important to have in marine tank. A minimum, probably a return pump.

Also, lights, intensity depends on what you keep.

Skimmer, cheato, algae scrubber or any kind of waste exports.

Etc etc...

Member of :
post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F

MASS in Facebook

Reefing in LED

• Senior Reefer
Very important to have in marine tank. A minimum, probably a return pump.

Also, lights, intensity depends on what you keep.

Skimmer, cheato, algae scrubber or any kind of waste exports.

Etc etc...

thanks..will try to get one. maybe the $89 nano one haha. just need to provide some wave for my coral and dead spot..

thanks..will try to get one. maybe the $89 nano one haha. just need to provide some wave for my coral and dead spot..

for that price, you can get a tunze 6025! please get at least a 6025 for your tank...

think i saw someone selling a 6045 recently... you may need that for your 3 footer.

my 2.5', i'm using 2x6025 (just bought a 2nd one today) + wavebox nano. plus my return is an aquabee 5000.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

• SRC Member
Strong water movement = minimal dead spot(no gathering of poop at one corner) = discourage algae grow

i second this! i have a hydor nano in my tank and i am considering getting another one to improve the water flow..

strongly think you should get one too... save up some $$ and dun buy any more corals and fishes! lol...

can always get from Pasar Malam if any bros are upgrading or decomming..=]

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

Buy those 2nd ones at pasar malam. Surely got those reefers wanna decom.

I don't quite like nano tunze. It's quite fragile. I broke the pins that connected to the magnet base.

Member of :

MASS in Facebook

Reefing in LED

ok, I've got 2 Sun Sun wave maker. Anyone interested ? (only used it for 3 hrs, found it too strong for my tank )

Collection at Bukit Batok.

Here's the catch : Butter trade for 2 cans of coke.....Pepsi also can ( make sure it's coke Zero.....) hehe

Seriously, PM me your phone number if interested . I'm giving away free to guys who needs them .

ok, I've got 2 Sun Sun wave maker. Anyone interested ? (only used it for 3 hrs, found it too strong for my tank )

Collection at Bukit Batok.

Here's the catch : Butter trade for 2 cans of coke.....Pepsi also can ( make sure it's coke Zero.....) hehe

Seriously, PM me your phone number if interested . I'm giving away free to guys who needs them .

Wow.. free ar... :yeah:

Member of :

MASS in Facebook

Reefing in LED