unusual fish morphs?

yikai

• Senior Reefer

Haha, i dunno if this topic has already been created. But i wanna start a thread showing all the unusual different morphs and deformities that occur in the wild and in the aquarium. so feel fre to post pictures of unique fishes with different colours, growth, size, etc etc! :) i believe digiman has created a thread featuring hybrids and some colour morphs of fish. this thread only show different morphs haha :)

ill get the ball rolling. here i found a picture of a moorish idol with a second dorsal fin that is forked. weird huh..

post-15755-1234769745.jpg

post-15755-1234769754.jpg

black longnose butterfly. very rare and beautiful dont u think :) and the second one, cant make out what it is.

The second one is not really a morph... It is a Male Genicanthus Personatus.. So far only two in captivity over so many years.. Both are in Wakiki Aquarium if not wrong...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer
The second one is not really a morph... It is a Male Genicanthus Personatus.. So far only two in captivity over so many years.. Both are in Wakiki Aquarium if not wrong...

thanks! i thought it was a colour morph because its white and orange. i tot personatus angel was brown and yellow..

• SRC Member

Here's wad i gort... Like parrot fish huh? :lol:

post-14611-1234779359.jpg

1ft cube with IOS [the low tech tank]

1. JBJ C-breeze to keep temp hovering around 27-28'C

2. LED clip on - 120 bulbs

-skimmer-less-

My 3 humble equipments that keeps my tank running... [DRIED OUT]

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Temperature maintained at 25.3'C to 24.7'C

No3: 10ppm(b4 the use of the deltec skimmer)

No3: 5ppm (after use of the skimmer)

Others? too lazy to measure...LOL

Camera- EOS 50D

off topic here. found this very rare anthias. deep water species. anyone have any info about it?

Tosanoides anthias has recently appeared in the trade (first time! and of course in japan.). I found the selling price posted online from a Japan LFS: 398000 yen = S$6600.

Who will buy?? Somemore it requires v cool water.

post-10328-1234873212.jpg

Also on the same site for sale is the ultra rare holanthias fuscipinis at 498000yen = S$8300. Waikiki has one in display.

Japanese are crazy to mark fishes at these price, no wonder all the good and rare stuff always go there first.

Shown below is the fish on sale:

post-10328-1234873403.jpg

No, there are a couple home aquariums manage to keep Personatus. One shown below is taken from a japanese tank when he updated his tank on 18th Jan 2009.

post-10328-1234873917.jpg

• SRC Member
like luo han! haha! but the lump is reversed.

Haha...

1ft cube with IOS [the low tech tank]

1. JBJ C-breeze to keep temp hovering around 27-28'C

2. LED clip on - 120 bulbs

-skimmer-less-

My 3 humble equipments that keeps my tank running... [DRIED OUT]

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Temperature maintained at 25.3'C to 24.7'C

No3: 10ppm(b4 the use of the deltec skimmer)

No3: 5ppm (after use of the skimmer)

Others? too lazy to measure...LOL

Camera- EOS 50D