Is this a Sea Hare?

Found this in my tank today..

post-14934-1233074304.jpg

Perfect camouflage... with pink coraline algae coloration and soft 'seaweed like' appendages..

Is this a harmless Sea Hare?

Is it safe for my fish/corals?

Thanks.

It is a nudibranch... Commonly known as sea slug...

From the looks of it.. It might live a symbolic relation with cauliflower coral(feeding on it)... Did you add any cauliflower or corals lately..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

nudibranch. quite a big one too. yea u can see what it eats by looking at the pattern on its body. as bro terryz said, it might eat cauliflower corals.

Hi

Nope.. I'm not keeping cauliflower corals leh..

Might have come with the Zoas and clam that i bought from Irwana last week.. (strange that I could have missed such a large stowaway)

Hmm...Should I get rid of it then?

Thanks

Hi

Nope.. I'm not keeping cauliflower corals leh..

Might have come with the Zoas and clam that i bought from Irwana last week.. (strange that I could have missed such a large stowaway)

Hmm...Should I get rid of it then?

Thanks

It might eat your corals... But not sure which coral it will attack... if you dun mind keeping it den just keep it lor.. Or can just throw it away... For me, i would keep it since it is in the tank liao.. Just left it inside lor... It will starve to death at least it is natural death...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

u can keep, but it will starve. if i were u, i will pierce it with a stick and eat the insides :) no la jk. haha!! i think u can keep it...but i suggest u throw away. wait die might release toxins etc etc i dunno...

u can keep, but it will starve. if i were u, i will pierce it with a stick and eat the insides :) no la jk. haha!! i think u can keep it...but i suggest u throw away. wait die might release toxins etc etc i dunno...

Or throw into 'Yu Shen' and see who's the lucky one!

Did an internet search... it's probably closely related to Marioniopsis viridescens

See link:

http://www.seaslugforum.net/display.cfm?id=13792