Lemon's tank!

yikai

• Senior Reefer
think digibee is right... it's also called blue xenia..

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_di...amp;pcatid=2753

very nice :P i like flowy stuffs... thats why not that much into SPS (Blessing in disguise!)! :upsidedown:

yes well, technically its not a xenia since they are totally different genus. but they are somewhat related. the blue xenia is a common name for it i guess..

yes well, technically its not a xenia since they are totally different genus. but they are somewhat related. the blue xenia is a common name for it i guess..

If they are relatives, then I suppose they will grow very fast too....... think I know what's on a lot of ppl's mind now..... hehe

BTW, Lemon, sorry, your blue yumas all RIP in my tank.

dunno why.... seems like baby yumas are hard to keep.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• Senior Reefer
If they are relatives, then I suppose they will grow very fast too....... think I know what's on a lot of ppl's mind now..... hehe

BTW, Lemon, sorry, your blue yumas all RIP in my tank.

dunno why.... seems like baby yumas are hard to keep.

i did round 1 of fragging already. out of 5 frags only 2 survived. they are harder to sustain than xenia.

no worries about the yumas :)

• SRC Member
ths 2 glowing blue blotches are actually how blue they are when shined with a little torch at night. they are not so blue in the day, but is very blue when out of the water and seen at night under white lighting.

Gorgeous! Where did u get it from? dun think it's common right?

Blue cespitularia in all it's blue-ness. how glorious! here's one taken with flash at night. it's getting blue-er since the day i got it. getting comfortable now haha. the polyps are opening up and are very feathery.

here's taken with flash at night.

Said the night flow to the little clam

Do you see what I see

Way behind in the dark little clam

Do you see what I see

A star, a star

Dancing in the night

With tentacles as long as an arm

Said the night flow to the little clam

Do you see what I see

Way behind in the dark little clam

Do you see what I see

A star, a star

Dancing in the night

for a minute, I thought this was another spam. ..... lol

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member
for a minute, I thought this was another spam. ..... lol

hahahahahaha... :upsidedown:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

spam? hmmmm nice to eat! ang moh version of luncheon meat!

Hahahaha but serious you can see a star in the background and seriously its HUGE OK! No SHIT! the head is already the size of your plam!

• Senior Reefer
spam? hmmmm nice to eat! ang moh version of luncheon meat!

Hahahaha but serious you can see a star in the background and seriously its HUGE OK! No SHIT! the head is already the size of your plam!

you have good eyes :) that's just one of my many novelty secrets hidden in my tank :rolleyes: hehe.

• SRC Member
hmm, the yellow starfish? is it star fish or is that coral... noobie me.. :P

Brittle star to be correct.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• Senior Reefer

haha. that star measures more than 1ft across from leg to leg. At least 1.3 ft. but heck its one good clean up crew. 1 of that bristle star is better than 10x nassarius, hermits and other what not. he used to sit in the middle of the tank and spread his arms in all 5 corners, and grab food without even moving. but make me wonder...the bioload from that giantstar... is it counter effective against its usefulness? :P

• SRC Member
haha. that star measures more than 1ft across from leg to leg. At least 1.3 ft. but heck its one good clean up crew. 1 of that bristle star is better than 10x nassarius, hermits and other what not. he used to sit in the middle of the tank and spread his arms in all 5 corners, and grab food without even moving. but make me wonder...the bioload from that giantstar... is it counter effective against its usefulness? :P

1.3 ft? Wow, that's huge! :whistle

• SRC Member

1.3 feet star fish .. wow.... I cannot imagine.. i think I'd be scared to put my hand in your tank with that thingy... LOL.. in terms of from a wrasse perspective it would look like the enemy warship in the 2009 startrek movie with it's tentacles moving out to ATTACK!!!

:upsidedown:

Desi

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• Senior Reefer

actually i was concerned initially about its reefsafeness, but so far it has not posed a threat to any of my livestock. Even sleeping wrasses which the star has chanced upon are left untouched. it certainly is a freak and it scares the *insert word of choice here* out of me, but it adds character to the tank. it does makes its appearance now and then where it crawls out of the cave to greet the world. will get abit creeped out especially by the pale...beige colour...

have touched it before many times accidently, and its quite stiff and prickly.

just a minor update, i fed my fish fresh peas today. you know those snow peas you buy from the market? two kinds available, the inflated pods and the crinkled pods. i bought the inflated pod ones and peel them open, removed the peas and de-husked them. i fed them to my fishes and to my utter suprise, many of them ate the peas with vigor!! have heard about this before and its a great method used to treat constipated fish (currently have 1). never knew my wrasses would like the taste of peas so much!

• SRC Member
just a minor update, i fed my fish fresh peas today. you know those snow peas you buy from the market? two kinds available, the inflated pods and the crinkled pods. i bought the inflated pod ones and peel them open, removed the peas and de-husked them. i fed them to my fishes and to my utter suprise, many of them ate the peas with vigor!! have heard about this before and its a great method used to treat constipated fish (currently have 1). never knew my wrasses would like the taste of peas so much!

My dad feeds his goldfishes with these green peas too! :heh: I kept telling him they won't find green peas in their natural habitat...

• Senior Reefer
My dad feeds his goldfishes with these green peas too! :heh: I kept telling him they won't find green peas in their natural habitat...

its good for constipation in fishes, but don't feed them too regularly because you're right, they are terrestrial food. i tried once on my old constipated yellow tang, back then he was only only one who ate it. super suprised my wrasses all took a liking for it. i only feed them to move their bowels... or sometimes once in a blue moon throw for fun! :D had a fish that liked bananas too last time.. lol

• Senior Reefer

the gods of reefing must be smiling on me because i can't believe i actually found this! was just posting on how it would be my dream to chance upon a BLACK base RED eye'd favia, and it's as though some other worldy force was listening to me and TA DA!!!! another rare colour, comparable to my steel blue and red one.

i have some work to do with this one though. get it in prime condition and start intensifying the colour up..

post-15755-1265363274_thumb.jpg