Lemon's tank!

yikai

• SRC Member
but it's cute...looks like a fat boy swimming in the water...free and easy.

Must ask Shan how much he wants to sell it for... :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• Senior Reefer
Haiz... I having the same dilemma. I wonder if i should put my tomato clown and boxer shrimp in my main tank.. sentimental reasons make me unwilling to sell/give away these 2.... However, i also worry my tomato clown may bully my small black osci (though they unlikely to go near the BTA as not natural host).

in the aquarium, natural hosts are all thrown back to the sea. it does not really apply.... as long as there is something "hostable", the possibility is there. have seen tomato clowns hosting every kind of anemones, even euphyllias/cataphyllias

• SRC Member
Actually, I just asked Shan last Sun..he said I can have it for free if I can catch it! It has been with him for 5 years! :shock:

Wow... :eyebrow: Ask his worker to catch for me next time... :whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
Wow... :eyebrow: Ask his worker to catch for me next time... :whistle

i think its quite impossible to catch it w/o damaging to the current rock works and corals...wahahahaha...though fat boy may be a slow swimmer, but there's a lot of places it can hide.

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member
i think its quite impossible to catch it w/o damaging to the current rock works and corals...wahahahaha...though fat boy may be a slow swimmer, but there's a lot of places it can hide.

Ask Shan to tear down the rock work... :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• Senior Reefer

my growing rics corner. the green 1 is a new resident here to join my old pinkish/orange one :) will slowly build this up. take my time haha. not really my cup of tea on its own, but they look very nice when grown in a little cluster IMO. slowly collect and make the base of that rock a little ric garden. taking my time on this.. expensive little corals. buying them 1 by 1 instead of a few at 1 go.

post-15755-1265180179_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

trying this for the 2nd time. Macropharngodon choati. big and very fat. hopefully it will be here to stay. swimming around for about an hour after introduction, then went into the sand.

thanks greencloud for reserving this 1 for me.

post-15755-1265180300_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1265180305_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1265180309_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

Wow so that's what you went LCK for... that's a fat choati! Your tank is getting nicer each time i see it!

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• Senior Reefer
Wow so that's what you went LCK for... that's a fat choati! Your tank is getting nicer each time i see it!

haha yep. rescaped it recently..stocking up now haha.

• Senior Reefer
Nice chaoti ....

How big is the smallest one there?

this was the smallest one there as of today, rest are 3 inches and above. the other smaller ones gone already. this fish is very very difficult.. won't want to try one unless you have a very stable tank, good pod population to sustain it until it starts feeding, a fairly reasonably large tank and a suitable sand bed for it..

success rate is low. my previous 1 was feeding very well but died after awhile too. :(

this current 1 just ate 1 mysis shrimp just now.. a good sign but too soon to celebrate haha

• SRC Supporter
my very very fat mandarin fish eating pellets from a betta box :) this is my very first fish i ever bought, together with a pair of clowns and a pair of cardinals. so far, the only 1 i have left that is still with me. extreme sentimental value and i will never sell it even for $200 :) no sign of a sunken stomach

gd thing u did not sell it off, no price is good enough for this lil' fella.

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• Senior Reefer
gd thing u did not sell it off, no price is good enough for this lil' fella.

u mean BIG fella haha. yah no price is good enough for it. it feeds pellets from a tray, bottle, rocks, sand, and even in betta box. like a pet dog. very tamed. and he makes clicking sounds when he eats sometimes. quite cool

• Senior Reefer

Blue cespitularia in all it's blue-ness. how glorious! here's one taken with flash at night. it's getting blue-er since the day i got it. getting comfortable now haha. the polyps are opening up and are very feathery.

here's taken with flash at night.

post-15755-1265243336_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

ths 2 glowing blue blotches are actually how blue they are when shined with a little torch at night. they are not so blue in the day, but is very blue when out of the water and seen at night under white lighting.

post-15755-1265243401_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1265243404_thumb.jpg

Blue cespitularia in all it's blue-ness. how glorious! here's one taken with flash at night. it's getting blue-er since the day i got it. getting comfortable now haha. the polyps are opening up and are very feathery.

wow nice. what is this coral's common name?

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

WOW! SOLID!!!

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

• Senior Reefer
but in the day when lights are on, it looks white?

nope. it looks blue, but more on the purplish side. when i first got it it was more purple. it's getting blue-er now.

hoping it will look like this 1 day.

post-15755-1265250906_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member
nope. it looks blue, but more on the purplish side. when i first got it it was more purple. it's getting blue-er now.

hoping it will look like this 1 day.

think digibee is right... it's also called blue xenia..

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_di...amp;pcatid=2753

very nice :P i like flowy stuffs... thats why not that much into SPS (Blessing in disguise!)! :upsidedown: