Lemon's tank!

yikai

• SRC Member
and my favourite. orange skirt, yellow + black rings. studded my tank with plenty of these.

even on my pipe :D also stuck a xenia frag to my tank glass. hmm...thinking of playing around with my glass as another platform for coral scaping. hehe

got frags? :lol:

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

• Senior Reefer

seems like demand for this particular zoas is quite high.. received alot of PM for frag exchange but im afraid might not have enough to cater for everyone haha. considering getting another colony and frag, if there are any left there hehe

• Senior Reefer
the goby is generally quite hardy,

but the problem is u got to feed it fresh food like mysis or market prawn, have nt seem it feed on pellets b4..

whats e damage like for the zoas pm me.. :eyeblur:

all the 5 gobies were feeding aggressively on pellets at CF :)

pmed u

the goby is generally quite hardy,

but the problem is u got to feed it fresh food like mysis or market prawn, have nt seem it feed on pellets b4..

whats e damage like for the zoas pm me.. :eyeblur:

can pm me too? (:

Marc J.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• SRC Supporter

these gobies are been brought in by henry often years back.

they are also seen at CF at laest once per mth until about april this year.

did nt really see and heard about them until recent shipment at CF again.

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• SRC Member

i saw mine once only :(

abit worried.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• Senior Reefer

super giant green paly. how did it become so big? daily unintentional feedings of mysis and pellets that it catches when it floats by. this guy will eat anything that touches it.

its bigger than a 50 cent coin -.-

post-15755-1259745933_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

sunflower zoas from reddevilz. started out with 10 polyps. urchin stole 3, which made it 7. today, counted 16 to 17 polyps. the growth is extraordinary. how long has it been. a month?

post-15755-1259746021_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1259746028_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

royal pencil wrasse. not enough words in the english language to describe its beauty. the colours are a million times nicer in real life. those who have seen it will vouch for that :) a very vibrant and colourful fish, that is on par with my rhomboid in terms of "favouritism" and of course, my exquisite too :P pampered bunch.

Bro thomas lim if you're reading this, i haven gotten the time to catch the anthias out for u because busy with upcoming exams. will do it once exams are over :D look at it's evil smile. laughing at me for failing to trap it that day! hmph

post-15755-1259746123_thumb.jpg

Hey Lemon,

have you ever tried trimming the xenias before?

You are right, they are very fast grower.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• Senior Reefer

ah yes. and last but not least, my new solar wrasse. reaaaaaaly gorgeous looking fellow when he flashes. one of the nicest solars i have seen. must thank bro thomas lim for his super eagle eyes. otherwise would have missed this. not really a fan of solars, but cannot resist this 1. when he flashes, his fins and tail turn iridescent blue and against that blue background, a series of purple maze like patterns will appear. much like my rhomboid wrasse. truly spectacular.

post-15755-1259746296_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer
Hey Lemon,

have you ever tried trimming the xenias before?

You are right, they are very fast grower.

ah! how timely. was just going to post about it.

yes. im an avid fan of xenias, and fragging them is second nature now. there was once i fragged so much xenia till everything smells like xenia to me. and trust me. xenia's don't smell good :)

something new for you today. my xenia seem to have morphed into something different. the polyps are very very feathery now! looks very delicate and beautiful. still growing....fast...as usual, but this feathery polyp phenomena has me stumped. could be the recent dosing of Kent Marine's phytomax. it has directly attributed too the largeness and growth of my zoanthids. as far as i know, xenias are not known to take any food, but rely much on photosynthesis and perhaps absorption of nutrients from surrounding water? whatever the case, phytomax or not, it looks like the feathery polyps are here to stay, for even the new heads that the parent colony is producing, shares this same characteristic too.

how peculiar

post-15755-1259746506_thumb.jpg