Lemon's tank!

yikai

• Senior Reefer

sch finish 12pm today. so early to be going home to study, so decided to drop by GO for awhile. got myself 2 very nice GSP. Bottom left of my tank has a barebottom spot due to the strong wave movement blasting away the sand there. hoping the GSP will grow onto it and make a nice carpet grass effect :D. i believe this particular species is called skin polyps... picture taken 5 mins after introduction. not opening yet

post-15755-1259142765_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

feeding frenzy! haha. all fishes chiong there pulling chunks off the prawn. my overgrown yellow wrasse took most of it off with his fangs.. even the shy and reserved pencil wrasse joined in the fun too! and look at how FAT the rhomboid is!! prawn was completely devoured in 5 minutes :/

what a great sight. like sharks circling a poor helpless...well in this case, prawn

post-15755-1259143072_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1259143094_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1259143099_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1259143104_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member
water change once every 3 weeks.

iodine dosage once every week.

zoomax once a week

calcium,mg,ph buffer onc a week, usually, if i remember ._. i dont test water parameters. eveyrhting is agar agar.

:bow::bow: everything agar agar . tank can be so nice coral grow !!! more thing need to learn from you SIR !!!! anyway very nice orange acans that u bought :wub::peace:

• Senior Reefer
:bow::bow: everything agar agar . tank can be so nice coral grow !!! more thing need to learn from you SIR !!!! anyway very nice orange acans that u bought :wub::peace:

If only i had a calcium reactor or a denitrator etc. sump so space, wallet too thin hehe :( actually it started out with a routine once a week dosing of ca, mg etc. but then got more busy and got more lazy :/ so now i just dose whenever i remember to. actually, i think coral grow coz im keeping lps and softies only haha. if SPS, think all up lorry, van, car, motorcycle haha!

just realised duncan coral grew 3 new baby heads. very small can only see at night when the coral is not open. no wonder i didnt realise it in the day :D take picture with flash since its night time. but still cant see clearly :(

guess calcium level is good enuf for them to grow wahaha

read that duncan can multiply very fast.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• Senior Reefer
read that duncan can multiply very fast.

yes. got it when it was 5 heads. now its 9 (edit from 8. just found 1 more). i got it during RD's last aussie shipment. look at how big the heads of my duncans are. i feed them once a week with mysis

WOW!!!!

must rob your tank lar.... really priceless.....

{Tank Size:- 4ft L X 2ft W X 2.5ft H = Mixed Reef Tank}

{Light:- 2 X 54W T5 ATI - Aquablue Spezial & 1 Pro Color, 1 X 54W T5 Giesemann - Aquablue + & 1 Actinic +, 1 X 54W T5 UV H2ology}

{Chiller:- 1 HP split unit powered by Rio 14}

{Skimmer:- Reef Maniac Beckett Skimmer Powered by Rio20}

{Fluidized Reactor:- Reef Maniac FR with Rowaphos media}

{Return Pump:- 1 unit X 5,400 L/H}

{Circulation Pump:- SEIO M1100 + M820}

{Photos:- Powered by Nikon 7D, 24-70mm f2.8 L Lens, 85mm f1.8,100mm f2.8 Macro Lens & 580EXII}

feeding frenzy! haha. all fishes chiong there pulling chunks off the prawn. my overgrown yellow wrasse took most of it off with his fangs.. even the shy and reserved pencil wrasse joined in the fun too! and look at how FAT the rhomboid is!! prawn was completely devoured in 5 minutes :/

what a great sight. like sharks circling a poor helpless...well in this case, prawn

You forgot to put the hook. :rolleyes:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• Senior Reefer
WOW!!!!

must rob your tank lar.... really priceless.....

haha thanks bro. no lah where got priceless. its all softies and LPS! lol! wan to steal go for bro cedric's tank :P!!

• Senior Reefer

just found something very very very RARE growing in my tank!!! was looking for any new sun coral babies after they spawned few weeks ago, and i came across this. at first glance though it was a batch of sun coral babies, but on closer look, i realise they are CORYNACTIS.

these guys sprouted out of nowhere, because i did not notice them before. henry's tank has 2 big ones, same family but i think mine looks abit different. anyhow, they are still very small. these guys require feeding, like sun corals. i dunno how i am going to feed them since they are in such an awkward position. hopefully they are getting their fare share of henry's gourmet, well, they have been growing and surviving thus far. shoudl be ok. haha. think these guys will grow up to be pink corynactis. can see some traces of pink on their skeleton.

post-15755-1259154087_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1259154103_thumb.jpg

haha thanks bro. no lah where got priceless. its all softies and LPS! lol! wan to steal go for bro cedric's tank :P!!

+1 :pirate:

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

just found something very very very RARE growing in my tank!!! was looking for any new sun coral babies after they spawned few weeks ago, and i came across this. at first glance though it was a batch of sun coral babies, but on closer look, i realise they are CORYNACTIS.

these guys sprouted out of nowhere, because i did not notice them before. henry's tank has 2 big ones, same family but i think mine looks abit different. anyhow, they are still very small. these guys require feeding, like sun corals. i dunno how i am going to feed them since they are in such an awkward position. hopefully they are getting their fare share of henry's gourmet, well, they have been growing and surviving thus far. shoudl be ok. haha. think these guys will grow up to be pink corynactis. can see some traces of pink on their skeleton.

hmmm I need to start looking my tank for rare growth. The last time i tried, I found aiptasia ! LOL

• Senior Reefer
able to maintain colour ?

hi bro amby. these are blue anthellias right? seen them alot of times at CF and ahbeng. i think comparitive to xenia, anthellias are alot harder. but still easy with the right conditions. regarding the maintenance of colour, im not sure. have not tried this species yet. but i dont think it will be easy. already maintaining the pure white on my xenia is challenging enough, let alone blue ._.

if im not wrong, the blue anthellias will fade to grey and eventually remain greyish or brown. should try them one of these days to see if the colour can hold

• SRC Member

These are very rare...reborn is selling the adult palm size for over 4 blue notes. Have to target feed these babies.... :bow::bow: ...you damn tok kong!

l7304smr.jpg

• Senior Reefer
These are very rare...reborn is selling the adult palm size for over 4 blue notes. Have to target feed these babies.... :bow::bow: ...you damn tok kong!

bro these are different :) reborn selling one is also a corynactis yes, but mine is different. mine is presumably colonial. reborn one i think is a big huge single polyp. mine are small polyp types something like sun coral.

post-15755-1259200189_thumb.jpg