Lemon's tank!

yikai

• Senior Reefer
LOL, u went back to buy today?

got pencial wrasse meh? or we went else where!

yah i went back to buy. BTH liao dam shiok! haha.

pencil wrasse from SL!! HAHHAHAHAHAHHAH WAHAHAHA -cough- very long no go SL :)

feeding on mysis and pelelts. but just now i bring home, he jump into overflow, then lucky i rescued it in time. swimming around my tank liao. but side got some missing scales, should grow back. very very nervous fish. scared of my Yellow wrasse. very easily jump. glad to know my hood is up :) so no more jumping fishes!

however, pencil wrasses very delicate leh. i think they are those kind, abit abit will K.O one? not like my LILI so zai fight until win.

• Senior Reefer
lol.

lili cannot win the mother :P

so u went SL today also?

peter muz haf given u gd price on the fish?

haha. he busy today with other ppl. his father help me. ok lah. very reasonable. 1 red note for pencil :)

walao this pencil good. using 2b lead. broken can go find very easily from popular keke :upsidedown:

• Senior Reefer
you need a netting soon.

Something's spooking your wrasses. Better do one now tt u have more lights!

nah. nothing spooking them. only thing worth considering a spooker will be my yellow wrasse, but so far all casualties from jumping are unrelated to the YW. sometimes one fish can dart for nothing and scare everything else, might cause a jumping incident too. could also be one of them flaring about very quickly and cause sudden movements. could also be jump out for nothing.

i dunno coz im not at home to notice them most of the times. but as many wrasse keepers will tell u, they can, and do jump for nothing. sometimes just timid like this pencil wrasse...jumped coz i walk passed the tank...

• SRC Supporter
sold my bartlett and few other fishes to make way for new ones.

2 out of 3 fishes i got today. the other is hiding in the sand :upsidedown:

peppermint hog and royal pencil wrasse

Nice Pencil Wrasse...

: )

• Senior Reefer

Just came home to find that i forgot to turn on my chiller after water change yesterday!!! grr. temp shot to 30 degrees. fortunately, weather very cool these days, raining all day. came home to see a normal tank with no casualties *whew*. with the exception of some corals not opening. but all is fine now.

this is not the first time this happen. i guess since im running T5s and i dun have all the high tech equipments and pumps, heat generation is not as bad.

• Senior Reefer

Normally, people's wavemakers are encrusted and infested with coraline algae. mine is just the opposite. have a mini "refugium" growing on the outlet!! amazing how the algae can tahan the super strong waves at point blank. Laminar flow summore. very cute. i think i shall let it grow. last time i always pull them off.

post-15755-1258979794_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer
Nice Pencil Wrasse...

: )

thanks! for 1 red note, this guy is really a steal. I love how the pink and purple on his head glows when he gets excited. not really considered flashing, but i guess all fishes can enhance, deprove colours depending on mood. the blue and green highlights on his body is striking indeed.

have always loved this fish when i saw it at reddevilz's house long ago. but wasnt really into wrasses then. recently saw a great looking one in thomas_lim's house. that was it. i had to find one. manage to find a good feeding specimen haha. very happy.

only thing i must comment about this is how timid and skittish it is. good thing he is adapting well...can see him swimming in the open more daringly today

post-15755-1258980013_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

the other fish that i got over the week end is one of my all time favourites. the very cheap and commonly offered meleagris leopard. However, these guys are very difficult to get feeding. when i saw one that was feeding on mysis, no need to think anymore. and at only 1 red note too ^_^

was out and about the next day already. fearless and was not bothered at all by the other fishes. feeding on all frozen. have not tried pellets yet. so i dunno what the response will be. unfortunately, no foto. came home and found it sleeping liao.

however, it looks exactly like this one. very intense colours and full bodied. very happy with the condition she was in.

* this photo is from the internet.

post-15755-1258980280_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

i use to have that pencil too. but mine was shaker version but still timid. mine didnt feed on pellet which its a sad thing. hows ur chaoti? hope its well.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• Senior Reefer
i use to have that pencil too. but mine was shaker version but still timid. mine didnt feed on pellet which its a sad thing. hows ur chaoti? hope its well.

haha shaker!! mine colour ENO lei dun play play.

unfortunately, choati did not make it. got skinnier and skinnier and skinnier despite all the food he ate. not sure why also. ruled out worms as a cause, as his poop was super brown. suspect is poor handling during shipping and stress, causing intestinal fauna to be wiped out, leading to futile absobtion of food. cyanide might also be a cause, but im not sure too. then again, could be worms also. anyway, die liao can't do anything. think that batch from SL probably not very good. nigel's one also very skinny that time, dunno how is it now. maybe its just mine only :/

• SRC Member

:( thats sad. sorry to hear that. part and parcel of wrasse keeping, dun take it too hard

if i ever let go one of mine, i let you know.

one of them is a bully. bossing the smaller 1 around.

and study hard, paper soon right?

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• Senior Reefer
:( thats sad. sorry to hear that. part and parcel of wrasse keeping, dun take it too hard

if i ever let go one of mine, i let you know.

one of them is a bully. bossing the smaller 1 around.

and study hard, paper soon right?

not really sad lah. kinda knew it was going to die sooner or later... see his condition like this. its one of those cases u know going to die liao, but u cant do anything to save it because its not your fault. so least you can do is provide it a good life while its still alive.

yes papers in 2 weeks time. not very heavy weightage, but test is a test nonetheless. all bio stuf, should not be a problem. only problem maybe the bacteria culturing. microbiology is difficult.

oh btw i wan ask u. everytime i turn off the chiller (turn off as in off power socket, doesnt mean not kicking in), will have a puddle of freshwater underneath the chiller. as far as i am aware, this only happens when my chiller is off, like i forget to re-on after water change or something. am quite puzzled.... the freshwater isit condensation? because there is no way any freshwater can come out of the chiller since i don't run it on freshwater. unless there's some hight tech mechanism i fail to comprehand. so my guess will be condensation? but makes no sense. only when chiller is off.

• SRC Member

weird, but most likely is condensation. take some water and put on ur tougue to see if its salty water or not. maybe its ur jack rusell pee :lol:

use some of the water on ur refractometer. oh.. u dun have 1 right? go get 1 la!

• Senior Reefer
weird, but most likely is condensation. take some water and put on ur tougue to see if its salty water or not. maybe its ur jack rusell pee :lol:

use some of the water on ur refractometer. oh.. u dun have 1 right? go get 1 la!

how did u think i know it was freshwater? :eyeblur: :eyeblur: :eyeblur: :eyeblur:

hahahaha. yahlor shud get 1 hor. haha. yeah for now i will think its condensation too. not sure how the hell this happens, nor why it produces so much of it. but as long as the water not salty, i dun care lolz.

talk to u other time law. i go sleep. going sch early to see my bacteria cultures haha. exciting. talk more often when ur free lah. nowadays dam busy hor.

• SRC Member

-_- yeah sadly... i miss my days in poly.

all the best, hope ur samples got contaminated ^_^

Normally, people's wavemakers are encrusted and infested with coraline algae. mine is just the opposite. have a mini "refugium" growing on the outlet!! amazing how the algae can tahan the super strong waves at point blank. Laminar flow summore. very cute. i think i shall let it grow. last time i always pull them off.

Maybe you can also consider getting one AT to help graze those algae on the wavemaker ..Mine is always cleaning up my wavemaker outlet making it "algae free" lol ... :P:P

• SRC Member
Maybe you can also consider getting one AT to help graze those algae on the wavemaker ..Mine is always cleaning up my wavemaker outlet making it "algae free" lol ... :P:P

haha I agree!

but then again... Lemon's tastes lies somewhere else hor?

• Senior Reefer

AT's are beautiful. unfortunately, im not a fan of keeping ATs in a 3ft tank. They definately enjoy being in a bigger tank. Not very nice to see a big beautiful fish cramped into a tight space with no space for swimming. looks very clumsy and im sure the fish doesnt like it. if i ever do upgrade to a bigger tank, i'll definately get one.

problem is he only flashes at such prolonged lengths of time like this only when the actinics are on. dawn and dusk. when main tank lights on, its too short to video. and he always stops flashing when i get the cam! colour changes from dull red to bright streaks of blue on his cheecks, dorsal and belly. then his fins just goes crazy..

anyway, this is the exact same species as mine. P.lineopunctatus. found it on the website. it looks just like this.

Maybe he camera shy :eyebrow:

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

• Senior Reefer
Hi Bro,

Care to share your tank maintenance?

:thanks:

water change once every 3 weeks.

iodine dosage once every week.

zoomax once a week

calcium,mg,ph buffer onc a week, usually, if i remember ._. i dont test water parameters. eveyrhting is agar agar.

• Senior Reefer

just realised duncan coral grew 3 new baby heads. very small can only see at night when the coral is not open. no wonder i didnt realise it in the day :D take picture with flash since its night time. but still cant see clearly :(

guess calcium level is good enuf for them to grow wahaha

post-15755-1259074203_thumb.jpg