Lemon's tank!

yikai

• SRC Member

bro lemon, your flasher wrasse damn SWEE! next time see one of these at Henry's place, must let me know k! haha.. :D

• Senior Reefer
bro lemon, your flasher wrasse damn SWEE! next time see one of these at Henry's place, must let me know k! haha.. :D

henry has some now :) go and check. maybe got some of this calibre

• Senior Reefer

The orange rhodactis u see in the middle of this picture was acquired more than 8 months ago with my good pal reddevilz and jamesssss. it was an original rock of 8 or more (cant remember), from coral farm. i spotted it and we got the whole rock to ourselves. we each took home a frag, while the remaining mushrooms on the mother rock was kept in reddevilz's tank from then till now. my original frag died months after, due to some unknown cause ( i posted it in my tank thread waaaaaay back). its been 6 months later, and with me now, is a frag of the original mushroom from that day. i still have another smaller 1 in my tank tat is recovering from slight bleaching. that makes a grand total of 2, inside my tank.

its a very special mushroom as u can see, and i believe its not a common find ;) as you are reading this post, the original rock has been shared amongst a few very close reefer friends of mine. each with a piece of the original mushroom >8 months ago. even tho reddevilz has decom, this mushroom coral is very special to me haha. after so long, not only has the colour of the mushroom retained, but has improved greatly! and so has my friendship with reddevilz

ok lah very cheesy. but im still dam sad he decomm :( this one for u bro. ps i din have time to take a better pic, so reused the same one with my bartlett anthias that i am selling in pasar malam :P

and on the left is a 5 polyp frag of dragon eye zoas!! hope i can do it justice by letting growing it out.

post-15755-1257779283_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

k lah. after that cheesy poetic tribute, here's something horrifying. my brittle star. has been with me since day 1 of my tank and has grown exponentially. super duper rubbish eater. will stick out its arms in the water column and literally catch whatever food it can. however, due to its large size, i'm not sure if the bioload it produces is counter effective to the amount of crap it removes from my tank. <.<

and its an albino to! XD unique colour and super terrified of light. here he is....photo taken at night. he will crawl with dexterity and agility comparable to the fastest monkey in the jungle :D ......... when the lights are on hehe.

ps, to see how huge it is. there's a hermit crab for comparison on the top right hand haha

post-15755-1257779583_thumb.jpg

k lah. after that cheesy poetic tribute, here's something horrifying. my brittle star. has been with me since day 1 of my tank and has grown exponentially. super duper rubbish eater. will stick out its arms in the water column and literally catch whatever food it can. however, due to its large size, i'm not sure if the bioload it produces is counter effective to the amount of crap it removes from my tank. <.<

and its an albino to! XD unique colour and super terrified of light. here he is....photo taken at night. he will crawl with dexterity and agility comparable to the fastest monkey in the jungle :D ......... when the lights are on hehe.

ps, to see how huge it is. there's a hermit crab for comparison on the top right hand haha

ever tot of throwing in a harlequin shrimp? hehe :eyebrow:

Main tank: 4.5 x 2.5 x 2
Skimmer: Deltec AP701
Return pump: RD 6

Chiller: Daikin compressor with Titanium coil
Wavemaker: Jebao w-20, Maxspect Gyre xf150

Lighting: 8x54 ATI Sunpower Non-dimmable

Linked tank
Main tank: 2 x 1 x 2
Return: Eheim 1260
Lighting: AI Hydra 26 with controller
Wavemaker: Tunze 6025
My decommed 3 ft setup

• Senior Reefer

Some quick updates on my current corals. Some new and some old.

My favourite. The blasto on the right started developing the stripes on its face recently. and the colour is turning purplish. when i first got it, it was just plain dull red.

post-15755-1258162442_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

still have about 6 different blastos left...but think you all will get bored if i post all. so here's one last one >.<

my very very old blasto merleti. put it in a shadier spot and it seems happier.

post-15755-1258163310_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

would you believe this clown goby lived in my overflow for more than a month? i thought he died and went MIA. but when i was cleaning my overflow the other day, i found it there. and it has grown double in size since. probably feeding on the uneaten food that flow into the overflow.

post-15755-1258166186_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member
would you believe this clown goby lived in my overflow for more than a month? i thought he died and went MIA. but when i was cleaning my overflow the other day, i found it there. and it has grown double in size since. probably feeding on the uneaten food that flow into the overflow.

he having a holiday camp there feasting and fattening..no competition.

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

• Senior Reefer
they were having an affair there. LOL

Bro this one for u! your flashing exquisite wrasse. tail slightly damaged maybe due to poor water quality at the holding tub, but its healing well. guess what. he's chasing his favourite play mate! lol. different tank, different environment. but the pattern still same

dam hard to take foto :( same same like my red flasher. can only use flash to take. comycus! need to hire u again keke. win my rhomboid liao. this fish is my current favourite fish in my tank, and in the world! tanks reddevilz.

post-15755-1258250104_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1258250118_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1258250136_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

haha how come it seems like wherever the exquisite is, the rhomboid's somewhere in the background? Are they flashing at each other?

Will try to go down one of these days to help u take some photos la. I'm going niki's place tues night. see if can arrange something :)

• Senior Reefer
haha how come it seems like wherever the exquisite is, the rhomboid's somewhere in the background? Are they flashing at each other?

Will try to go down one of these days to help u take some photos la. I'm going niki's place tues night. see if can arrange something :)

3 ft tank is very small lol. whatever i take, the rhomboid will bound to be in it. and rhomboid so big :)

no lah. the exquisite is flashing at the bartlett. already in reddevilz tank, the bartlett is the object for flashing at. if bro yongshun still interested in the bartlett, i will need to get a new one for it haha!

• SRC Member

so, what did u get from CF today?

Project R.E.

Main Tank: 48" x 18" x 24" 12mm with external overflow piping

Sump Tank: 28" x 14.5" x 12" (3 compartments)

Lightings: T5 HO - Hopar 3* 39w + ATI 2* 54w

Skimmer: Skimz Bullet Beckett

Chiller: Resun CL-650 (28 - 29 °C)

Wavemakers: 2* Seio M620 + 1* Hydor K2 (7100 litre / hr)

Fluidized Reactor: Skimz FR (currently empty)

Pumps: 1x Rio 32HF (Skimmer), 1x Rio 20HF (Return & Chiller)

Filtration: more than 80kg LRs, chaeto

Water Circulation: ~ 4000 litre / hr

Future Plans: additional wavemaker, DIY algae scrubber, DIY overflow box

Previously:

Project R : 36" x 12" x 24" 10mm reef