Lemon's tank!

yikai

• SRC Member

bro lemonlemon,

sory to jump into ur thread. i c ur elegant do veri well, but my in bad shape, still didnt open up to his full groom.

can u tell wat ur way in keeping ur elegant so healthly. :thanks:

bro... very long no update..... :rolleyes:

{Tank Size:- 4ft L X 2ft W X 2.5ft H = Mixed Reef Tank}

{Light:- 2 X 54W T5 ATI - Aquablue Spezial & 1 Pro Color, 1 X 54W T5 Giesemann - Aquablue + & 1 Actinic +, 1 X 54W T5 UV H2ology}

{Chiller:- 1 HP split unit powered by Rio 14}

{Skimmer:- Reef Maniac Beckett Skimmer Powered by Rio20}

{Fluidized Reactor:- Reef Maniac FR with Rowaphos media}

{Return Pump:- 1 unit X 5,400 L/H}

{Circulation Pump:- SEIO M1100 + M820}

{Photos:- Powered by Nikon 7D, 24-70mm f2.8 L Lens, 85mm f1.8,100mm f2.8 Macro Lens & 580EXII}

• Senior Reefer
bro lemonlemon,

sory to jump into ur thread. i c ur elegant do veri well, but my in bad shape, still didnt open up to his full groom.

can u tell wat ur way in keeping ur elegant so healthly. :thanks:

elegance place on sand bed will do better. rocks will disturb their fleshy body. place in area with low and gentle flow. thats about it i guess. there are a few very good elegance coral articles in the net. i lost 2 elegance coral before this to elegance coral disease. u might wanna read up on that too

HTH ^^

bro... very long no update..... :rolleyes:

haha. so busy, hardly have time to go lfs. not much updates. same same bah haha.

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Woot! Just as nice as before despite your bust schedule. The tank is really blooming, especially your LPS :P

Edit: Just saw your elegance... DAMN BIG LAH! You finally have luck with the fragile coral :)

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• Senior Reefer
Woot! Just as nice as before despite your bust schedule. The tank is really blooming, especially your LPS :P

Edit: Just saw your elegance... DAMN BIG LAH! You finally have luck with the fragile coral :)

haha :) yaah thanks!

chiller spoil liao. hopefully the guy can come down tomorrow to get it fixed. by this week should be fixed. mean while using a fan to keep the temperature ok haha

your tank still look great bro!!

{Tank Size:- 4ft L X 2ft W X 2.5ft H = Mixed Reef Tank}

{Light:- 2 X 54W T5 ATI - Aquablue Spezial & 1 Pro Color, 1 X 54W T5 Giesemann - Aquablue + & 1 Actinic +, 1 X 54W T5 UV H2ology}

{Chiller:- 1 HP split unit powered by Rio 14}

{Skimmer:- Reef Maniac Beckett Skimmer Powered by Rio20}

{Fluidized Reactor:- Reef Maniac FR with Rowaphos media}

{Return Pump:- 1 unit X 5,400 L/H}

{Circulation Pump:- SEIO M1100 + M820}

{Photos:- Powered by Nikon 7D, 24-70mm f2.8 L Lens, 85mm f1.8,100mm f2.8 Macro Lens & 580EXII}

• Senior Reefer
Hey Lemonlemon. Glad that the elagance is in good hands now. Take good care of it. :)

haha! thanks for the elegance. its really great and a show piece. lets hope it remains as beautiful as this for a long long time to come

your tank still look great bro!!

nothing compared to yours. a source of inspiration and you never fail to impress even after that incident! am glad to see ur tank as good as before

• Senior Reefer
wow! still looking good! hows school?

thanks! i love ur black sand. alot of times i wanted to convert...but just too much of a hassle. =( school is fine.... holidays after exams, no youth day holiday -_-

-sigh-

Wowww... :bow: your elegance is sprouting! How's yr suns?

the elegance was from fragmaster haha. so u know it was well taken care of before i got it. my suns are still ok. i still regularly target feed. it is at the let hand corner, cant see coz its on the sand bed. produced alot of planule lava and they are growing all over my liverocks. they are now about 0.5mm and can be seen very clearly with the ###### eye. too small for camera though. i''ll try to get a photo of it

• Senior Reefer
bro very nice tank !!

ur tank being cooled by fan about wad temp ?

chiller is fixed. kicks in at 28C and stops at 26C. was using a big standing fan to cool the tank for 2 days while the chiller was being repaired. fan blown directly at the sump with power button number 4. managed to chill it to as low as 25.5C and 23.5C at night! (i din know it could get it so low...so i faster turned off). i also turned on the air con in my living room for those 2 days. so im not very suprised that the fan could bring it down so low. cold air + blow at sump :D

• SRC Member

You know my favia...i din know their tentacles are so long, until last night when i feed my LPS with reefoids from polylab and this morning, i saw the tentacles was 3 inches long!....so careful with yr placement of yr favia...dun play play...haha

l7304smr.jpg

• Senior Reefer
You know my favia...i din know their tentacles are so long, until last night when i feed my LPS with reefoids from polylab and this morning, i saw the tentacles was 3 inches long!....so careful with yr placement of yr favia...dun play play...haha

yea haha. favias and acans are known to expel their stomach and digest near by corals also. mine has done that a few times already..

• Senior Reefer

:upsidedown:

whipfin fairy wrasse. its in the betta box because my dottyback wants to kill it. hopefully it will satisfy his hunger for blood in a few weeks :rolleyes:

post-15755-1247138786.jpg

post-15755-1247138795.jpg

• Senior Reefer

dottyback trying to get in,

mission 1) to show the new fish who is the boss

mission 2) to eat the scaps that is trapped inside the box

anyone knows how long i should keep the wrasse in the box until my dottyback becomes less aggressive towards it? o.o

post-15755-1247151110.jpg

dottyback trying to get in,

mission 1) to show the new fish who is the boss

mission 2) to eat the scaps that is trapped inside the box

anyone knows how long i should keep the wrasse in the box until my dottyback becomes less aggressive towards it? o.o

nice fish! where did you get it? (:

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• SRC Member

actually its better if you can trap your dottyback using this wrasse as a bait, my dottyback is causing me to not be able to add any new fish that is smaller then 8cm, unless yours is not as agressive as mine

Mix Reef Tank: 5ft x 2.5ft x 2ft mixed reef

Chiller: daikin 1hp compressor

Return: Red Dragon 6.5m3

Lighting: Aqua Lumen Ocean 4ft

Skimmer: Reef Octopus RO-RPS-5000-EXT w/ Bubble Blaster

CR: RM 824 /milwakee PH controller

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

American Pinpoint PH monitor

American Pinpoint ORP Monitor with Resun Ozone

RM sulphur denitrator

RM FR 424

RM FR 624

TLF Phosban Reactor

My old tank thread

469748_10150741487628605_529506809_o_zps36d5c396.jpg

• Senior Reefer
nice fish! where did you get it? (:

if u mean the whipfin, i got it at ahbeng

the dottyback was from coral farm

actually its better if you can trap your dottyback using this wrasse as a bait, my dottyback is causing me to not be able to add any new fish that is smaller then 8cm, unless yours is not as agressive as mine

i dont think my dottyback is that evil. it does occasionally go to the betta box to flare at the wrasse, but that's about it. the wrasse is bigger than it though.