Lemon's tank!

yikai

• Senior Reefer
so early ?

ya lor. my sch today start 9am leh! packing laptop that time just post lor. then go sch teacher nvr come -_- waste my bloody day.

you tank improved a lot since the day you started.... now it's looks very stunning bro!

well done, just add some wavemaker to make the corals more lively.....

thanks! i have 2 wave makers already but i know if i added a wavebox....things will definately get more lively.

ur tank is my inspiration la honestly. so nice and clean.

• Senior Reefer

DISASTER struck at 3am. was happily chatting on msn when i saw something move in my almost pitch dark tank. was a nuisence crab.....and i wanted to remove it. so i climb ladder and remove the rock that it was in, and boom. the upper part of my rockscape collapsed (apparently the upper part was not very stable). thankfully no corals were injured. not thankfully is that i spent the next FIVE hours trying to piece back everything.

after a sleepless and backbracking night, 5 hours later, i completed the new upper part. i tried my best to replicate my old rockscape because it was my favourite. but alas, i failed T_T im feeling so unhappy now for my once beautiful tank (in my eyes) has now become something of a disgust (again, in my own eyes). will take a photo later when everything settles down and do a comparison pic. im willing to bet that the previous one was nicer....T_T

and the bitter irony was, i just casually made the remark "oh i wish these nuisence crabs would stop toppling my corals" and looked what happen ):

ps, anyone experienced this before? guess ill have to start getting used to my new scape and forget the old ones....but the pictures of my old scape makes my heart ache. i really liked that scape alottttttt

DISASTER struck at 3am. was happily chatting on msn when i saw something move in my almost pitch dark tank. was a nuisence crab.....and i wanted to remove it. so i climb ladder and remove the rock that it was in, and boom. the upper part of my rockscape collapsed (apparently the upper part was not very stable). thankfully no corals were injured. not thankfully is that i spent the next FIVE hours trying to piece back everything.

after a sleepless and backbracking night, 5 hours later, i completed the new upper part. i tried my best to replicate my old rockscape because it was my favourite. but alas, i failed T_T im feeling so unhappy now for my once beautiful tank (in my eyes) has now become something of a disgust (again, in my own eyes). will take a photo later when everything settles down and do a comparison pic. im willing to bet that the previous one was nicer....T_T

and the bitter irony was, i just casually made the remark "oh i wish these nuisence crabs would stop toppling my corals" and looked what happen ):

ps, anyone experienced this before? guess ill have to start getting used to my new scape and forget the old ones....but the pictures of my old scape makes my heart ache. i really liked that scape alottttttt

Can't be that bad bah.

Don't fret over it lah..in time, when you get more corals & also with coral growth, the rocks will be covered anyway..

My tank's rockwork also kept evolving as I acquired more corals (each with its own rock base).

Initially had alot of nice caves & valleys for fishes.. now all covered up

• SRC Member

bro, try not to fret, when you angry, no matter what godlike landscape you made, it wont be nice.

Have a cup of tea sit down and relax. before going to re-scape. haha.

All the best leh bro! cheer up!

hey, lemon, you must count yourself lucky that the corals are not injured!

If there's any lesson learnt, you should buy yourself some epoxy. Once u like certain placement, lock it in by epoxy!

I recently learnt this from a senior reefer... just went over to his place this morning. Learnt a trick or 2... if only i did that earlier...

my alveo fell on my newly purchase cynarina... no prizes for guessing what happened thereafter. Now trying to heal it back... good thing it's just one small tiny portion.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

• Senior Reefer

this is the latest FTS. zzzzz.... my mom say look the same. but its not!! its not the same ): never will be. but im slowly trying to like this scape more than the other. going to be hard though. need more gems ;)

all the birthday hong paos ahahaha.

post-15755-1240713349.jpg

• Senior Reefer

actually its almost identical. its jsut the coral placement that's different. i tried my best to recover the old scape but im sure you guys know that once the rock goes out of place its impossible to put it back exactly how u found it. let alone all the rocks -_-

its amazing how such subtle changes can totally destroy ur coral placements! they used to fit into exactly this part that part. now kena disturbed liao they cannot fit back where they once were.

• Senior Reefer

i moved all my cloves together. that's one thing i like about the new scape.. also, there's now a huge hole with lots of caves and overhangs within the rockscape now. not very eye pleasing but sure is good for the fishes (:

post-15755-1240713587.jpg

post-15755-1240713598.jpg

• Senior Reefer
Hi bro Lemon, new scape is nicer...placing same type of corals together is more natural like in the ocean...

oh hey bro! thanks thanks! ok la im starting to get used to it liao (: add more gems should be no problem

• Senior Reefer

i manage to catch my big cardinals and going to give them away soon. so replace with a new fish today. according to henry, it's reef safe. but like any other butterflies, im going to keep an eye on it incase it goes crazy and start nibbling on my corals. feeding already on mysis and henry's food. very nice and yellow don't you think?

post-15755-1240752723.jpg

i manage to catch my big cardinals and going to give them away soon. so replace with a new fish today. according to henry, it's reef safe. but like any other butterflies, im going to keep an eye on it incase it goes crazy and start nibbling on my corals. feeding already on mysis and henry's food. very nice and yellow don't you think?

Beautiful longnose, they are usually safe with most corals but may pick on tube worms

• Senior Reefer
Beautiful longnose, they are usually safe with most corals but may pick on tube worms

thanks! it can pick on all the tubeworm it wants. hopefully not my big and ornamental ones...

very nice specimen bro!

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

• SRC Member

Stuning,,,in case it nib your zoas, I can help to host some of your zoas until u decided to keep it or the zoas,., haha

Just monitor closely...

• Senior Reefer
Stuning,,,in case it nib your zoas, I can help to host some of your zoas until u decided to keep it or the zoas,., haha

Just monitor closely...

haha bro thanks! if he bite my zoas i know who to find ;) ya la. why must all the beautiful fishes be not reef safe like butterflies and angels. i think the only 2 butterflies that u can trust in a reef tank is longnose and copperband. but still....never trust them 100% :pirate: