Lemon's tank!

yikai

• Senior Reefer
Raops butterflies are one of my favourites, second only to the prognathodes. I've kept declives and tinkers b4. Both are equally beautiful although Tinker almost double declives in price! They're boisterous, hardy and v greedy. Do watch out on high temp though, my tinker showed increase breathing when temp exceed 28 degree. Mitratus is beautiful too and i remember the days when they cost around 100, now they cost around 200 i think. Almost double in price!

mitratus 200? really? i thought they're around 300+ oh well, will scout for it when i get back. yeah i love raops and prognathodes too. temp shouldnt be a problem exceeding 28. that's my highest temp and lowest is 26. unless this is still too warm for them, it should be alright.

regarding reefsafeness, not sure. think they're still ok compared to most shallow water species.. i trust deeper water "non-reefsafe" fishes more.

• SRC Member
mitratus 200? really? i thought they're around 300+ oh well, will scout for it when i get back. yeah i love raops and prognathodes too. temp shouldnt be a problem exceeding 28. that's my highest temp and lowest is 26. unless this is still too warm for them, it should be alright.

regarding reefsafeness, not sure. think they're still ok compared to most shallow water species.. i trust deeper water "non-reefsafe" fishes more.

i'll pm u with regards to the price. Raops are the more reef-safe butterflies but they'll still disturb fleshy corals like pratas and open brains from my experience. They got v itchy mouths. around 27 degree should be fine. beware of newly arrived specimen as they are prone to flukes, and white spots esp in increased temp in our tank, esp when we dun QT our fishes.

• Senior Reefer

some picturs of my lesser shown lifestock. these guys are just as beautiful as any rhomboid or flame wrasse. just that i don't post pictures of them much.

first my cute pair of clown gobies. love them to bits. so adorable.

post-15755-1268197287_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1268197296_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

2 of the most hardworking fellas in my tank. copperband which inspects and cleans all new corals. that includes aiptasia and worm clean up.

the tireless blue neon goby. i have 3 in my tank.1 blue and 2 yellow. the blue one is my favourite because unlike most other neon gobies, this guy refuses to perch on rocks. an open swimmer like my wrasses.

post-15755-1268197475_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

oops forgot my cebu pylei! the ventral fins are longer than his body. and he uses it to tickle other fishes. very cute to see when he expands all his fins. but don't have a photo of that :/

post-15755-1268197661_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

still have many more lifestock that i never showcase. but too hard to photograph with my crappy camera. tribute to my pellet eating mandarin, PBT, flasher wrasses, and my godzilla 4.5 inch yellow wrasse tat has been with me since day 1

hope to see all of them when i get back from my trip! so emo today. sigh

• Senior Reefer

oh my god. this is the BEST hitchhiker i have ever found!! its a hitchhiker BUBBLE TIP ANEMONE! and the colours are amazing too. a bright pinkish/red foot, neon green body with PINK TIPS! and what's more, the green body is speckled with spots.

the best hitchiker i ever found.

post-15755-1268483564_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1268483571_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

nice, where did u get it? :)

God Blessed all who appreciate His wonderful and beautiful creations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my first reef aquarium 15jan2010

3x2x2ft EOS 10mm tank with sump//deltec sc2060 skimmer//arctica 1/10hp chiller

maxpect g2 170w led//vortech mp40w wavemaker//eheim 1262 universal pump

eheim compact+ 3000 chiller pump//caribsea ocean direct live sands 40lbs

and other misc...

• SRC Member

wao, a hitchhiker bta, with pink tips! i've been looking for something like this for very long! fantastic find! :)

• Senior Reefer
nice, where did u get it? :)

It's a vietnam bubbletip. bought a liverock to glue my rics on and found this guy there. lol.

wao, a hitchhiker bta, with pink tips! i've been looking for something like this for very long! fantastic find! :)

yeah thanks! i never keep BTA before but always wanted one. i love the red one actually. but since this came with a liverock, will try to keep it alive. anyway, its only 1 inch. very very cute size. im assuming it can't cause much damage if it died or stung anything.

• SRC Member

people get worms, crabs and all sorts of rubbish and you get a Delicious BTA!!! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! :upsidedown:

Keep it la... ;) you will be a great BTA daddy.

Desi

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• Senior Reefer
people get worms, crabs and all sorts of rubbish and you get a Delicious BTA!!! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! :upsidedown:

Keep it la... ;) you will be a great BTA daddy.

Desi

oh believe me when i say i have had my fare share of crabs........... i have catch at least 20-30 in my set up from day 1 till now. and am proud to say i have NONE left.

oh believe me when i say i have had my fare share of crabs........... i have catch at least 20-30 in my set up from day 1 till now. and am proud to say i have NONE left.

You sure no more left... LOL...

A giant one might pop up suddenly... :whistle :whistle :whistle

Love your BTA...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer
You sure no more left... LOL...

A giant one might pop up suddenly... :whistle :whistle :whistle

Love your BTA...

very long since i last saw a crab. hoping there's none left lah haha!!

thanks. the BTA is indeed very nice. went to crawl to somewhere dark liao. typical for most newly introduced BTA i guess? anyway see how. i doubt this 1 inch cutie can cause any harm.

very long since i last saw a crab. hoping there's none left lah haha!!

thanks. the BTA is indeed very nice. went to crawl to somewhere dark liao. typical for most newly introduced BTA i guess? anyway see how. i doubt this 1 inch cutie can cause any harm.

Wun cause any harm unless it got sucked into wavemaker...

Member of:

• Senior Reefer
Wun cause any harm unless it got sucked into wavemaker...

i went to search up on my GBTA. only manage to find ONE picture of it! green with luminous pink tips, and some speckles. here's a big picture taken from someone's tank. notice the bubble tips are unusually long in these specimens. can see the FTS on the top left corner, the long tips.

wah 1 inch anemone also can cause harm if go into wavemaker? oh dear :(

post-15755-1268491120_thumb.png

post-15755-1268491126_thumb.png

• Senior Reefer
It is pretty rare, I would say..

Haven seen one in singapore yet.. Only saw orange tip before...

yah saw orange tip GBTA at aunty shop opp ahbeng before. very nice. but my this pink tip dam small hope it will grow up.

i saw it go under a rock but its emerging from underneath, to the surface through a crack. think they like this kinda footing right? hope it gets comfy! will have to move my cladiella away once it settles down. too near already

yah saw orange tip GBTA at aunty shop opp ahbeng before. very nice. but my this pink tip dam small hope it will grow up.

i saw it go under a rock but its emerging from underneath, to the surface through a crack. think they like this kinda footing right? hope it gets comfy! will have to move my cladiella away once it settles down. too near already

Ah Beng also have Orange tip sometime too..

Yup... It is common for them to do that... They will lodge their foot in some cervice den open up only showing the head...

Member of: