Lemon's tank!

yikai

• Senior Reefer

comments welcomed. i made alot of sacrifices and spent alot of time with the new scape and everything. most importantly, my fishes are happier with the increased swimming space as compared to before. gimme more space for wrasses too ._.

• SRC Member

Pellet eating copperband! What will you accomplish next? Go train sharks to feed on pellets lah! Lol. Nice fts!

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• Senior Reefer
Pellet eating copperband! What will you accomplish next? Go train sharks to feed on pellets lah! Lol. Nice fts!

haha thanks bro. pellet eating sharks? i don't have that. but i know a man eating chicken! man... eating ... chicken :P

FTS! :)

very very natural Yi Kai!

Very soothing too....

The elegance is nice but if it is not there, it will be perfect as you can see the sandbed leading to the reef :)

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• Senior Reefer
very very natural Yi Kai!

Very soothing too....

The elegance is nice but if it is not there, it will be perfect as you can see the sandbed leading to the reef :)

heh its worse in the morning when its fully expanded. this is only 3/4 of its max size. i agree with you actually. the elegance is abit out of place and many (believe me when i say many) reefers have adviced me to sell it off.

but i love my elegance and if you follow my tank thread since day 1, you'll realise that its my favourite coral and i used to have a 1.5 ft one. an elegance enthusiast if you must.

i have considered selling it off but quite sad too because i have kept it for a really long time. and elegance aren't your easiest run of the mill LPS. they're quite tough if you don't pick a good one. but perhaps i will sell it off afterall..

• Senior Reefer
I love CBB..but im worried if it nips at corals. Maybe only SPS are at risk?

CBB rarely nips at coral. their beaked mouth is designed to poke into little nooks and crannies to get benthic invertibrates and tube worms. rarely do they go after corals, (although not impossible). SPS are one of the last choices angels and butterflies would pick on. they prefer meaty corals like bran/cynarinas and sometimes zoas. the mouth of a copperband is not built to eat even meaty corals, much less SPS.

that said, the order of deliciousness on a butterfly/angel's diet is usually,

zoas/brain/cynarina/prata. these are almost always first on their list. the last being extremely noxious soft corals like leather etc. where they won't even bother touching. SPS are relatively safe with angels. however, certain butterflies do feast on nothing but SPS. mainly chevron, meyer's,ornate and four spot. so do take caution :)

You are going to luv this toy

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

• SRC Member

wow SIS!! (EDIT FROM BRO TO SIS FORGOT HAHA) wavebox!!!

for your tank with all those corals... this piece of equip.. you wil never regret buying it...

post a vid before and after of your corals!!!

• Senior Reefer
You are going to luv this toy

yes i love it! had a little problem tuning it. now its okay and i love the left-right motion!

wow bro wavebox!!!

for your tank with all those corals... this piece of equip.. you wil never regret buying it...

post a vid before and after of your corals!!!

ok ok will try lol

• SRC Member

• Senior Reefer
:idea: Gonna be superb for this 'mysterious' guest ! ;)

argh nothing mysterious about that!!! the infamous naoko how can i not know :(

good choice! :D

but after playing with this toy, my hand itchy to get the vortech mp10 :P

:) its perfect.

• Senior Reefer

my old PBT, despite feeding, died. think it was unhealthy to begin with, but funny. it looked very healthy.

anyway, got a new one from and old experienced reefer here. been with him very long and is feeding on pellets. can tell by the fatness lol. would like to thank joe for his PBT! it was on display for 2 days at the serangoon fish show. very beautiful specimen. colours are mega super intense. just offered nori and very pleased to see all my wrasses, flame angel and the PBT enjoying nori. strange enough i never feed nori because i don't have tangs, and my flame angel hates it. suprised to see all of them munching on it, even my wrasses.

also, collected my cebu pylei wrasse from bro Mbmc. a big thanks to him too for a lovely 4 inch one. the ventral fins stretch as long as the length of its body, typical of all male pylei wrasses, regardless of region. the prominant black stripe that borders the tail, and the spot on its dorsal fin is gone, but nonetheless, a beauty in its own right. solid red throughout! rarely are they so red, usually in pale pink.

no photos at the moment. but am overall, very satisfied today :)

• SRC Member
took a video of my tank as requested by onizuka and some other reefers! :D uploading to youtube now. what a lovely sunny day!

sis lemon so excited~ haha.. everything also sunny la :D:eyebrow:

kin buy popcorn waiting liao haha

• Senior Reefer
sis lemon so excited~ haha.. everything also sunny la :D:eyebrow:

kin buy popcorn waiting liao haha

haha yah. today good weather for drying clothes. and defrosting chicken... lol.

wait awhile more its uploading. paiseh for lousy quality :P my camera CMI