Lemon's tank!

yikai

bought a little female rhomboid for my existing male one. only bought 1 but kinda regretted. there were plenty of females/juveniles, and i should have gotten at least 2 or 3 :(

was afriad how my old rhomboid will react, but so far so good. he seem's interested :) wow image if i HAD bought 2 or 3 :( the little girl is feeding on pellets and mysis already. but still way way too soon to tell if she's going to make it. feeding is not the acid test for deepwater wrasses.

shall call them rhomrhom and boidboid. fuel named them lol. pardon the messy tank shots behind :) doing major overhaul hehe

Nice catch Lemon.. :rolleyes: I oso got myself one yesterday.... :eyebrow: blew close to $500 at one go... damn painful now.. ha ha ha ha ha....

• Senior Reefer
wow,i will be visiting u soon to see it!

btw r u gonna reserve all ur clearance stuff for me? :D

the blenny dam cool right lol. resrve ah. which one u want? :D rhomboid sushi wan or not. heard they taste great with wasabi.

wow,i will be visiting u soon to see it!

btw r u gonna reserve all ur clearance stuff for me? :D

ya gonna start new tank soon?

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

He is converting his tank to a softies tank... :eyebrow::whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• Senior Reefer

no lah haha. just going to do rescape (again) -__- and go for a change in livestock. all this time play LPS, and have gotten quite successful, so going for a change and keeping softies instead. need to re-play once inawhile otherwise get quite boring. like i said, want to make a nice soft coral tank because i feel they're too underappreciated. must showcase their beauty. and also, its quite unique to make softy tank :)

oh and my nano finally ready. AFTER SO MANY MONTHS. will be done before i go india. lots of exciting things happening. (for me)

no lah haha. just going to do rescape (again) -__- and go for a change in livestock. all this time play LPS, and have gotten quite successful, so going for a change and keeping softies instead. need to re-play once inawhile otherwise get quite boring. like i said, want to make a nice soft coral tank because i feel they're too underappreciated. must showcase their beauty. and also, its quite unique to make softy tank :)

oh and my nano finally ready. AFTER SO MANY MONTHS. will be done before i go india. lots of exciting things happening. (for me)

Yeah heard about your softie tank.

I was actually referring to RedDevils :P

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

• SRC Member
yes. one section for rics. incorporate some unusually seen softies as well :) none to little of the brown stuff. :D

Which unusual softies you going for??? Maybe I can check with some LFSes if they can bring them in... :eyebrow::whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• Senior Reefer
Which unusual softies you going for??? Maybe I can check with some LFSes if they can bring them in... :eyebrow::whistle

its a secret :D no need lah thanks. all the rare softies i need i got some way to get liao. unless i don't have, then i let u know? hehe

• SRC Member
its a secret :D no need lah thanks. all the rare softies i need i got some way to get liao. unless i don't have, then i let u know? hehe

I'm also getting some LFSes to source some very rare mushroom colour morphs for me...but pricing damm ex lah... :whistle:upsidedown:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member

nice meeting you lemon lemon. :) Hahaha finally see the all knowing young man of SRC. :) Haiz.. I got sad story to tell... and it's not the rhomboid... :P

Desi

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member
no lah haha. just going to do rescape (again) -__- and go for a change in livestock.

Ahem... use this opportunity to cover the overflow box? :whistle

Update nano tank thread!! :eyebrow:

• Senior Reefer
nice meeting you lemon lemon. :) Hahaha finally see the all knowing young man of SRC. :) Haiz.. I got sad story to tell... and it's not the rhomboid... :P

Desi

nice meeting you desi! rare to see such friendly reefers like you. i love your personality and i loved how u say HI! with such happiness. kudos! what's the sad story?

Ahem... use this opportunity to cover the overflow box? :whistle

Update nano tank thread!! :eyebrow:

yes thinking of doing that :)

• SRC Member

Desi

lets form the sad sad club

Mix Reef Tank: 5ft x 2.5ft x 2ft mixed reef

Chiller: daikin 1hp compressor

Return: Red Dragon 6.5m3

Lighting: Aqua Lumen Ocean 4ft

Skimmer: Reef Octopus RO-RPS-5000-EXT w/ Bubble Blaster

CR: RM 824 /milwakee PH controller

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

American Pinpoint PH monitor

American Pinpoint ORP Monitor with Resun Ozone

RM sulphur denitrator

RM FR 424

RM FR 624

TLF Phosban Reactor

My old tank thread

469748_10150741487628605_529506809_o_zps36d5c396.jpg

• SRC Member
nice meeting you desi! rare to see such friendly reefers like you. i love your personality and i loved how u say HI! with such happiness. kudos! what's the sad story?

Haiz... the flame wrasse we bought is dead.. just found it dead in a cave inside one of the bigger rocks.. already decomposing... sad man.. i didn't even see the wrasse in action as i was only back from work around 10+ :angry2:

• Senior Reefer
Haiz... the flame wrasse we bought is dead.. just found it dead in a cave inside one of the bigger rocks.. already decomposing... sad man.. i didn't even see the wrasse in action as i was only back from work around 10+ :angry2:

sorry to head :( flame wrasses belong to one of those more sensitive deeper water wrasses.

• SRC Member
lets form the sad sad club

Dachie... your laboutie uplorry, my flame uplorry.. ketchup even more sad, never EVEN see a fin of the flame wrasse.. only through the few pics I took.... DIE liow.. only see the rotting body.. which by now is 90% gone... damn fast..... ;p haiz.. sad sad club ...

haiz...

anyway, hahah lemon... well, you were kind enough to let me know about the rhomboid not having the potential to show the colors as we all see on the internet since the net usually shows the BEST ones.. but ok la... As long as the fish is healthy and swimming and eats EVERYTHING.. I'm alright with it.. even if it doesn't turn full male, it's fine with me. ;) WE just did about 150L or so water change trying to bring down the nitrates.. feed like crazy so our fishes are nice and fat.. our nitrates shoot up to 25ppm or even more.

Cheers,

Desi <-- still a leetle sad.

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Supporter
Yeah heard about your softie tank.

I was actually referring to RedDevils :P

i bro, i have my tank up since dec! but din had time to take care of it!

may have to put it to a stop very soon if i leaving here for acouple of years. ;)

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• Senior Reefer

my almost half a year old male rhomboid. :)

he's really interested in the female and colours intensify alot when he's with her. here's a shot of him alone in a placid mood. notice the lack of purple on his body at the ana| fins. when he's all excited, the purple develops on that area. the camera shows blue but its actually purple.

post-15755-1267279403_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1267279410_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

here's an old photo i found of him flashing! this was his virgin flash and was the one and only time i caugh him flashing. too bad i wasnt prepared and hence, such a lousy shot. fairy wrasses adopt different colour tones when flashing, and all are different for each species but same for the same species. meaning, all rhomboids will look the same when flashing, but no two different wrasses will have the same flashing display.

rhomboids look kinda ugly when flashing. the purple patch on the body and tail, along with everything else becoming a bright gold. i prefer a flame wrasse's nuptial display.

post-15755-1267279538_thumb.jpg

hope to have an opportunity to see a flashing wrasse one day.

• Senior Reefer
hope to have an opportunity to see a flashing wrasse one day.

my rhomboid is flashing alot today. at my new rosyscale lol.

anyway, here's a video of a flame wrasse flashing to mate with some females. it looks much better in real life but here's the real video.

enjoy!