Lemon's tank!

yikai

hi thanks everyone for the compliments. lighting wise im using 2x blue plus and 2x white. forgot which one already... im not very concerned about lighting... i just know that the bulbs are ATI.

to vt snowman, yes. Since im keeping softies, i dont really care much about "reef safeness" so to speak. although wrasses are my staple livestock, im beginning to deviate towards angels and butterflies now.

im thinking of adding one "small" big angel, but still thinking. They do grow big and i'm not sure if a 3ft tank is suitable for one.

thinking of either a majestic (adult colouration at 2-2.5 inches), asfur (3 inch with adult colours) or a juvenile emperor angel (i like the swirly hypnotic patterns).

How about the angel from the safer genus like chaetodontoplus or apolomichthys, bandits?

• Senior Reefer

How about the angel from the safer genus like chaetodontoplus or apolomichthys, bandits?

chaetodontoplus, not appealing to me with the exception of blue line. which i find too big.

apolomichthys, out of this, i only like bandit and goldflake. bandit is too expensive and i dont think i want to risk the money on such a difficult fish. i might consider goldflake but the price is also quite a turn off..

pomacanthus are very much more affordable and easily available.

chaetodontoplus, not appealing to me with the exception of blue line. which i find too big.

apolomichthys, out of this, i only like bandit and goldflake. bandit is too expensive and i dont think i want to risk the money on such a difficult fish. i might consider goldflake but the price is also quite a turn off..

Actually dwarf angels are really fantastic fishes to add. They are small and they don' nip at zoas, mushies, sps or softies!!! the only thing they nip at are corals with meaty flesh!

Furthermore if you add 1 large angel i think thats about it for a 3.5ft tank.

• Senior Reefer

Actually dwarf angels are really fantastic fishes to add. They are small and they don' nip at zoas, mushies, sps or softies!!! the only thing they nip at are corals with meaty flesh!

Furthermore if you add 1 large angel i think thats about it for a 3.5ft tank.

i like dwarf angels but they're not as spectacular as their larger cousins.

i dont mind nipping of corals. let them nip away. i wanna add a "small" large angel. large angel i dont mean size per se, but the genus pomacanthus, which are known as "large angels" in contrast to "dwarf angels"

Yes, am still looking for small blue line. Saw only once at CF but they are not feeding. How about Personifer, the purple mask is awesome witha pitch black body.

Bandit can be done if size is about 3-4inches and you are able to maintain temp at about 24degree celcius.

• Senior Reefer

Yes, am still looking for small blue line. Saw only once at CF but they are not feeding. How about Personifer, the purple mask is awesome witha pitch black body.

Bandit can be done if size is about 3-4inches and you are able to maintain temp at about 24degree celcius.

noo dont like personifer. haha.

• Senior Reefer

4-5 inches still ok la.. unless heavy bioload tank then obviously cannot right

true bah... tilefishes need alot of swimming space though.. nano tanks might not be good for them.

fish psychological health is just as important as physical living conditions. a fish in a small or over crowded tank may be worse for it's health than in a tank with high nutrients.

a tang for example, fares better in a tank with 80ppm NO3, than in a nano tank.

• Senior Reefer

where's pics of the 3 beauties?

the only pictures i have of them are those in the betta box. released them and they went straight into hiding, which is very typical of tilefishes. will see if they are brave enough to come out tomorrow. super skittish fish.

waiting... impatiently.... hehe.....

bug you again tomorrow :P

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• Senior Reefer

waiting... impatiently.... hehe.....

bug you again tomorrow :P

dont be suprised if there are no photos at all. tilefishes are very famous for hiding until they die. let's hope this is not the case. it's impossible for me to keep them in the betta box because they need to hide in the sand/rocks for safety. Not sure if they will come out tomorrow due to the hustle of my wrasses.

• Senior Reefer

Lucky catch for the flashing tilefish... Hope i can find some too...

i wanted to reserve some for you since they came in 7. however, 2 didnt make it from shipment. 2 was put into their show tank, and i took the remaining three. could pass you one if you like, but they look good more than 1.

anyway see how mine fares... they're dam timid lah :(

was there at around 2+, then was casually watching them unpack as i was sipping my root beer. saw some purple tilefishes being unpacked then was thinking "huh. if only got flashing tilefishes" << always secretly hoped to find them in CF or iwarna.

then BOOM! 7 of them unpacked and flashing like mad in the basket. according to iwarna, they came in many times before, so keep a look out in future!

but its a double edged sword i guess. their flashing only increases when they are stressed.

i wanted to reserve some for you since they came in 7. however, 2 didnt make it from shipment. 2 was put into their show tank, and i took the remaining three. could pass you one if you like, but they look good more than 1.

anyway see how mine fares... they're dam timid lah :(

was there at around 2+, then was casually watching them unpack as i was sipping my root beer. saw some purple tilefishes being unpacked then was thinking "huh. if only got flashing tilefishes" << always secretly hoped to find them in CF or iwarna.

then BOOM! 7 of them unpacked and flashing like mad in the basket. according to iwarna, they came in many times before, so keep a look out in future!

but its a double edged sword i guess. their flashing only increases when they are stressed.

Yeah, Was told they flash only when stressed, but the blue is nice too...

I will just wait for next shipment, but I normally dun go on shipment days... So a bit difficult to see them.. LOL..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

Those blue damsels "flash" too when they are stressed... they turn from striking blue to dark grey... hehehe... :upsidedown:

There is actually a flashing chromis that comes from the deepwater of Brazil and Bermuda.. Lol..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

There is actually a flashing chromis that comes from the deepwater of Brazil and Bermuda.. Lol..

ah yes heard of that chromis before. flashing tilefish has a wider colour spectrum i think.

• Senior Reefer

The chromis is only different shades of blue.. But it is super high priced in US...

yep. flashing tilefish is ridiculously expensive there. good thing it's within our range so its cheap.