Lemon's tank!

yikai

Terryz, photo abit dark because lights are dimmed now, but you can see the bubbles quite clearly. strange huh lol

Yup.. It should go away in a few days.. Unless it is due to the some health problem..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

went to kitchen for a drink of water and happen to see THIS when i was walking past. gave me a serious fright. i had no idea how BIG it is now!!! been at least one and a half years since i got this.

there's my index finger for comparison.

post-15755-12710915109874_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12710915273826_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12710915320638_thumb.jpg

went to kitchen for a drink of water and happen to see THIS when i was walking past. gave me a serious fright. i had no idea how BIG it is now!!! been at least one and a half years since i got this.

there's my index finger for comparison.

ALIEN! hahaha!

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• SRC Member

wow your tank seems to have a lot of hiding space and places for new corals.

i need a bigger tank too :<

Brown SPS > Kinder Surprise

White SPS = Kinder Surprise after expiry date

Assumption killed the dinosaurs, they didnt have test kits.

Terryz, photo abit dark because lights are dimmed now, but you can see the bubbles quite clearly. strange huh lol

It reminded me during my Planted tank days when Riccia photosynthesize :)

Anyway, I would just leave it alone. Should it feel uneasy, it will do something :P

looks so nice lemon.

healthy corals and lots of space for the fishes...

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• Senior Reefer

all my fishes are spoilt. i think if i release them back to the sea they'll probably die lol.

can be hand fed with mysis and pellets. completely lost the most important survival factor, i.e "fear" use hands to catch also can.

post-15755-12712253538013_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

amongst yr wrasse collection....u lack one specimen to add...

flame wrasse and lineatus are the only two upper tier wrasse that i do not have at the moment.

can't possible collect them all since there are so many species, so i'll forgo the more common and easily found ones like exquisite, etc, though i like them all.

will look for a flame and lineatus slowly. flame wrasse quite common so don't have to worry. lineatus is the one i'm after. but for now, saving money for my rhomboid harem :-)

• SRC Member

hey lemon, I remember you told me that your wrasses every now and then they have some damaged scales etc.. how bad does it get? :P

I see spots on my flame wrasse male all the time, and I KNOW it's being inflicted by the laboutie.. :( My laboutie keeps on chasing/nipping my male flame wrasse .. and last night my silly tomato clown took a nip off the flame wrasse tail! ARUGH... seems that my clown had a bite off the laboutie, a bite off the rhomboid.. and now one off the flame.

Both the rhomboid and laboutie have fully recovered regrowing back the part of the tail btw..

thanx.gif

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• Senior Reefer

hey lemon, I remember you told me that your wrasses every now and then they have some damaged scales etc.. how bad does it get? :P

I see spots on my flame wrasse male all the time, and I KNOW it's being inflicted by the laboutie.. :( My laboutie keeps on chasing/nipping my male flame wrasse .. and last night my silly tomato clown took a nip off the flame wrasse tail! ARUGH... seems that my clown had a bite off the laboutie, a bite off the rhomboid.. and now one off the flame.

Both the rhomboid and laboutie have fully recovered regrowing back the part of the tail btw..

thanx.gif

for me, it always happens when i add in a new BIG wrasse. but it will only last for the first 1-2 days until everything is settled down.

i have absolutely 100% no aggression with any of my wrasses now. I just throw whatever wrasse i want in and they just sort out the heirachy status themselves. for your case, remove the tomato clown if it get's too bad. they are fierce.

laboutei is fierce as i have mentioned before, and for me its no problem since it was the last big wrasse to be added in. yours might pose a problem to future wrasses. if that's the case, temporarily trap it first.

it did try to go after my new female rhomboids, but the big alpha male always saves the day :)"paws off my ladies" he says.

• SRC Member

oh dear... my flame wrasse male although almost as big as the laboutie seems damn chicken. :( arugh... the rest of the fish have learnt not to go near the anamonea but the male flame seems a little gong.....

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member

oh dear... my flame wrasse male although almost as big as the laboutie seems damn chicken. :( arugh... the rest of the fish have learnt not to go near the anamonea but the male flame seems a little gong.....

is it bcoz u feed har jiong kai to yr wrasse?...so becomes chicken...?..there'a a saying u are wat u eat...

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member

flame wrasse is considered very tame as compared to laboutie...

• Senior Reefer

See I am correct about deep water butterflies being rather reef-safe with corals

yep. declivis having ich now :( but still feeding like a machine. hopefully it will pass through the ich phase and join the rest of my healthy fishes soon. hate to see it covered in spots.

yep. declivis having ich now :( but still feeding like a machine. hopefully it will pass through the ich phase and join the rest of my healthy fishes soon. hate to see it covered in spots.

Deep waters are rather prone to ich but I am sure yours will pass through it. Anyway nice scaping, nice tank