Lemon's tank!

yikai

• SRC Member

wah.. u sold your elegance.. that was one beaut of a piece. :)

good luck in india... I would leave 2 pages instructions last time to my cousin who would tank sit for me.. and that's for my simple 2 feet.. I can't imagine next time with my current tank setup .. how many pages of instructions i'd leave behind when I go on long trips.. LOL. Have fun lemon :)

Desi

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• Senior Reefer
so after u r bored with softies....next will be SPS? and you can keep angels and butterfly fishes?....

nope. i don't have the affinity for SPS. find them too static.

angels and butterflies are still possible in softy tank. most soft corals are too noxious and un-appealing to them. but i still love my wrasses :)

• SRC Member
Started out with LPS. tank was packed with rocks, but also packed with corals. i have to say i loved how it looked. but the abundance of rocks meant that my fishes were unhappy. it was squeezy, and i cannot add in as many fishes as i would like.

Not to mention the sheer amount of rocks meant i had less water volume to play around with. but the tank was beautiful in my eyes. and its certainly one of my favourite shots ever!

Hi Lemon,

This photo is my office PC's background pix :blush: This is my fav

P.S if you are selling any of your favias, do let me know :thanks:

• Senior Reefer
Hi Lemon,

This photo is my office PC's background pix :blush: This is my fav

P.S if you are selling any of your favias, do let me know :thanks:

glad that someone appreciates it :) tank threads are hardly condusive anymore. its all chit chatting nowadays and very hard to get constructive comments. i thank you very much.

glad that someone appreciates it :) tank threads are hardly condusive anymore. its all chit chatting nowadays and very hard to get constructive comments. i thank you very much.

...... :erm: ... sounds like my thread.....

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• Senior Reefer
...... :erm: ... sounds like my thread.....

not only yours lah haha. i post to get comments on how to improve, opinions etc, but no one seems to be interested anymore lol. have started a tank thread in RC to get 2nd opinions now..

not only yours lah haha. i post to get comments on how to improve, opinions etc, but no one seems to be interested anymore lol. have started a tank thread in RC to get 2nd opinions now..

I always find your tank pics too blue, maybe only pic is blue but actual tank not blue i dunno. Maybe u can replace one ATI colour pro tube and make your coral colors stand out even more.

Also if u're getting raops butterfly pls get a small specimen. The ones i kept b4 are quite boisterous and they can get destructive in a 3 ft tank. They require long horizontal swimming space to be able to swim and full speed and stay comfortable. Their itchy mouths are constantly pecking on anything and everything. Also they're v easy to feed but can get v aggressive during feeding and can be a shock to your peaceful wrasses dominated tank and that's my worries.

My 2 cents.

• Senior Reefer
I always find your tank pics too blue, maybe only pic is blue but actual tank not blue i dunno. Maybe u can replace one ATI colour pro tube and make your coral colors stand out even more.

Also if u're getting raops butterfly pls get a small specimen. The ones i kept b4 are quite boisterous and they can get destructive in a 3 ft tank. They require long horizontal swimming space to be able to swim and full speed and stay comfortable. Their itchy mouths are constantly pecking on anything and everything. Also they're v easy to feed but can get v aggressive during feeding and can be a shock to your peaceful wrasses dominated tank and that's my worries.

My 2 cents.

thanks for the comments digiman! the tank is not so blue in RL, and its attributed to my digital camera :(

those taken with my phone cam show the real colours.

yes with regards to raops, have read up tons about them. i did my scape to provide more horizontal swimming space. and more swimming space on a whole. if i were to get one, i'll only get one around 2 inches, i dont like big fishes. but for wrasses, no choice. big means nicer :(

the only raops i'll get is mitratus or declives.

this video on C.declivis and C. tinkeri X burgessi is very very nice. i love the declivis.

In the video u can see the typical behaviour of raops butterflies, that is they'll peck on every and anything in sight., and tat's why u never see them being kept in full blown reef even in softies dominated tank. They're more suitable for FOWLR.

Seriously u may wan to consider prognathode or chelmon species instead. They're less destructive compared to raops.

• Senior Reefer
In the video u can see the typical behaviour of raops butterflies, that is they'll peck on every and anything in sight., and tat's why u never see them being kept in full blown reef even in softies dominated tank. They're more suitable for FOWLR.

Seriously u may wan to consider prognathode or chelmon species instead. They're less destructive compared to raops.

yeah have given a long think about it. maybe i think over it in india :P

chelmon sp, i have copperband, but i would love a marginalis..

prognathode marcelle? looks beautiful too. ok will give the raops another think. have a 2ft tank but too small for it. sad :(

yeah have given a long think about it. maybe i think over it in india :P

chelmon sp, i have copperband, but i would love a marginalis..

prognathode marcelle? looks beautiful too. ok will give the raops another think. have a 2ft tank but too small for it. sad :(

Ya u should think it over during your trip. Anyway the Tinker Pair should be around for some time until u're back to get it if u're still interested, cos the price is OMG!

• Senior Reefer
Ya u should think it over during your trip. Anyway the Tinker Pair should be around for some time until u're back to get it if u're still interested, cos the price is OMG!

i'm more interested in the special flame. i hope its the true hawaii flame which is blood red with NO orange or yellow. and the rhomboids. if the standard keeps up the same as their aussy, we should see alot of alpha male rhomboids in good quality. but i don't need anymore.

aussy shipment at LCK. my future lineatus, if any :(:cry:

tinkeri is my 2nd least fav raops, burgess being my least fav. so i think i would not consider tinkeri. declivis and mitratus are lovely but my all time fav is flavicoronatus which i think is very hard to get. so for now devlicis and mitratus. but after reading up on them, might consider dropping the idea of raops all together.

i'm more interested in the special flame. i hope its the true hawaii flame which is blood red with NO orange or yellow. and the rhomboids. if the standard keeps up the same as their aussy, we should see alot of alpha male rhomboids in good quality. but i don't need anymore.

aussy shipment at LCK. my future lineatus, if any :(:cry:

tinkeri is my 2nd least fav raops, burgess being my least fav. so i think i would not consider tinkeri. declivis and mitratus are lovely but my all time fav is flavicoronatus which i think is very hard to get. so for now devlicis and mitratus. but after reading up on them, might consider dropping the idea of raops all together.

Could be true hawaiian flame or maybe misbar or aberrant flame. Whichever it is it'll definitely be a beautiful fish.

• Senior Reefer

dont need to think liao. CBB is very very reefsafe. its even more reefsafe than tangs. i heard more stories of tangs pecking on corals and clams, than copperband.

• SRC Member
dont need to think liao. CBB is very very reefsafe. its even more reefsafe than tangs. i heard more stories of tangs pecking on corals and clams, than copperband.

Great! Good to know that..now need to look for a feeding specimen.... :rolleyes:

• SRC Member
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Senior Reefer

hows the trip man?? and hows the tank?

trip was freakin awesome man. digging 10x3x3 feet holes for mushroom cultivation, planting trees, playing with the local kids, experiencing the semi arid desert heat, but also the cool wintery weather of the mountains. it's awesome lah and i dont think i can explain everything here. will upload photos to fb one of the days. you can go take a look if you want.

tank wise everything is still alive. all fishes except one or two. my wrasses all still accounted for. my favourite coral half melted though. but small price to pay considering the overall health of the tank.