Lemon's tank!

yikai

• Senior Reefer
serious... i still have no idea whats the difference between LPS and soft corals leh... SPS ok la... easier to tell. :)

Lemon.. with your change means alot of stuffs going for bid soon har :P~

you want some of my LPS? some are abit damaged from my flame angel... so can let them off cheaper haha. :P if not then i'll keep them. planning to let my aussie golden torch and playgyra off.

the remaining LPS i'll keep.

LPS differentiated by softies by the presence of a large skeletal structure. softies have no skeltons, but they do have calcium deposits within their body called sclerites which give them support. LPS have arge calcium carbonate skeletons outside and are visible. like hammer coral, blasto, prata etc.

• Senior Reefer
Can be quite beautiful if you combine with gorgorian and other non-photosynthetic corals....and rics..of course..

don't need rics to make it beautiful. i'm aiming for softies that people don't usually buy and get left over on shipment days only to slowly rot and die. dont wan non-photosynthetic ones too. too much feeding.

will be unique i do hope. will dedicate my tank for softies to show their true potential. poor fellas too underlooked. i usually don't batter an eyelid to them on shipment days but recently with some poisoning from fuel, decided to keep a softy tank haha.

• SRC Member
you want some of my LPS? some are abit damaged from my flame angel... so can let them off cheaper haha. :P if not then i'll keep them. planning to let my aussie golden torch and playgyra off.

the remaining LPS i'll keep.

LPS differentiated by softies by the presence of a large skeletal structure. softies have no skeltons, but they do have calcium deposits within their body called sclerites which give them support. LPS have arge calcium carbonate skeletons outside and are visible. like hammer coral, blasto, prata etc.

haha... see la... now still trying to solve my chiller/temp problem.. :)

new goal! wow very rare colours never seen it before. purple and green favia.. hope to see it in SG soon lol.

Seem like this is the same type. Sorry the photo shows the white center, but actually it suppose to be purple centre. Cant get the right color.

post-4121-1267013967_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer
Seem like this is the same type. Sorry the photo shows the white center, but actually it suppose to be purple centre. Cant get the right color.

wow! never thought i'll see it. colour wise it looks the same. gren stripes and purple center right? gorgeous!

wow! never thought i'll see it. colour wise it looks the same. gren stripes and purple center right? gorgeous!

Actual color look way better. Yes purple centre with metalic green stripes. Very hardy coral been with me for 3 years + or more.

• Senior Reefer
Actual color look way better. Yes purple centre with metalic green stripes. Very hardy coral been with me for 3 years + or more.

yah favias are very hardy. great! will hope to see the same specimen the next time :D

• SRC Member

So paiseh bro, about just now! Anyway since there is nowhere else to share, I guess I'll just reply in your thread if you don't mind - cos it's too funny not to tell hahaha:

I went to pick up a coral from Lemon earlier this evening. Exchanged pleasantries and we parted ways. 20 minutes later at 7-Eleven..... HOLY FLYING CUPCAKES!!! I forgot to pay for the coral, and Lemon forgot to collect money!! :paiseh:

Yes what you heard is true. I just robbed a SRC moderator. Please don't call the police :pirate:

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• Senior Reefer
So paiseh bro, about just now! Anyway since there is nowhere else to share, I guess I'll just reply in your thread if you don't mind - cos it's too funny not to tell hahaha:

I went to pick up a coral from Lemon earlier this evening. Exchanged pleasantries and we parted ways. 20 minutes later at 7-Eleven..... HOLY FLYING CUPCAKES!!! I forgot to pay for the coral, and Lemon forgot to collect money!! :paiseh:

Yes what you heard is true. I just robbed a SRC moderator. Please don't call the police :pirate:

lol. too late. im speaking to the police now.

no lah no worries lol. i forgot also :nc: :nc: kekeke. thanks for the seafan. looks healthy but some branches fell off, already removed them but the overall health looks great. lol. hope the hammer does well for u :D

lol. too late. im speaking to the police now.

no lah no worries lol. i forgot also :nc: :nc: kekeke. thanks for the seafan. looks healthy but some branches fell off, already removed them but the overall health looks great. lol. hope the hammer does well for u :D

Lemon, you got anything for sale? I'm coming over now.... lol

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

........... lol .........

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• Senior Reefer
Lemon, you got anything for sale? I'm coming over now.... lol

no ah lol. most of my lps dont need to post... have enquires already so sold all liao :D

was contemplating to my my entire favia collection for sale but decided dont wan lah. sentimental value haha.

currently converting to more peaceful LPS (NOT euphyllias! :angry:) and softies :) downgrade the corals abit in liew of my 3 week india trip soon. easier care too. and its my personal mission to showcase the beauty of softies to all reefers!

no ah lol. most of my lps dont need to post... have enquires already so sold all liao :D

was contemplating to my my entire favia collection for sale but decided dont wan lah. sentimental value haha.

currently converting to more peaceful LPS (NOT euphyllias! :angry:) and softies :) downgrade the corals abit in liew of my 3 week india trip soon. easier care too. and its my personal mission to showcase the beauty of softies to all reefers!

Good directions! Its rare to see quality softies tank nowadays. :idea:

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

studying microbiology now :( sigh. 1 blooody bacteria cell takes whole day to learn T_T

exams faster finishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe thats why forgot to collect $$ from bino ....

Best time to buy frags from Lemon is now!!!! :evil:

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• Senior Reefer
maybe thats why forgot to collect $$ from bino ....

Best time to buy frags from Lemon is now!!!! :evil:

lol. :P go sleep lah! tomorrow rics leh. lol... think i'll pop by 8am to see see the rhomboids den go back home. lol.

• Senior Reefer

bought a little female rhomboid for my existing male one. only bought 1 but kinda regretted. there were plenty of females/juveniles, and i should have gotten at least 2 or 3 :(

was afriad how my old rhomboid will react, but so far so good. he seem's interested :) wow image if i HAD bought 2 or 3 :( the little girl is feeding on pellets and mysis already. but still way way too soon to tell if she's going to make it. feeding is not the acid test for deepwater wrasses.

shall call them rhomrhom and boidboid. fuel named them lol. pardon the messy tank shots behind :) doing major overhaul hehe

post-15755-1267184956_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1267184965_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1267184973_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member
bought a little female rhomboid for my existing male one. only bought 1 but kinda regretted. there were plenty of females/juveniles, and i should have gotten at least 2 or 3 :(

was afriad how my old rhomboid will react, but so far so good. he seem's interested :) wow image if i HAD bought 2 or 3 :( the little girl is feeding on pellets and mysis already. but still way way too soon to tell if she's going to make it. feeding is not the acid test for deepwater wrasses.

shall call them rhomrhom and boidboid. fuel named them lol. pardon the messy tank shots behind :) doing major overhaul hehe

rhomrhom and boidboid, nice name... can never 4get...lol :upsidedown:

btw, tks for pointing out the flame wrasse, indeed a beauty... :thanks:

aquatronica7na.gif

Main Tank - DECOMMISSIONED ON 24.01.11

48"x24"x26" 12mm thick starfire crystal glass(3 sided) EOS with Black Silicon(Germany)

Sump Tank

32"x15"x20" complete with egg crate, bio-ball, top up reservoir

Equipments

Return Pump: AquaBee up7000

Skimmer: Skimz Monzter sm200 with AquaBee pin wheel and AquaBee up2000(Germany) as feed pump

CR: Skimz Monzter CM150 powered with AquaBee 2000i(Germany), solonoid valve and CO2 tank

FR: Skimz 150

MH Lighting: 2x250W Lumen bright(USA) MH pendant with 2x250W 12000k Reeflux bulb(USA), 250W Coralvue (USA) dimmable ballast

T5 Lighting: 2x54w ATI(Germany) high output T5 bulb with aluminium stand

Controller: Aquatronica ACS ADVANCE Package

Dosing: Aquatronica Dosing Pumps-ACQ450

• Senior Reefer

my main target at reborn today! saw this little bugger on their stocklist and was quite pleased. went down to take a look and a good friend let me have it. Emblemaria pandionis, the carribean sailfin blenny!

temporarily housing him in a little betta box until i complete some tank stuff. don't want him going MIA while i overhaul.

nothing much to say, except, WATCH THE VIDEO!!

post-15755-1267203302_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1267203308_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1267205477_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1267205483_thumb.jpg