Lemon's tank!

yikai

• Senior Reefer
y are u posting comments at this time of the day? go study for exam la.. :angry2: :angry2:

why are YOU posting here hahaha! ;) ;) tsk. got study lah.... cell bio micro bio come lets go! :)

• SRC Member
why are YOU posting here hahaha! ;) ;) tsk. got study lah.... cell bio micro bio come lets go! :)

Wah...exam time still spending so much time here... :eyebrow::whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member
haha.. he de-stressing by logging online here... :)

Cannot lah. Wait later don't do as well as expected in exams kenna nagged by his parents then he lagi stressed.... :upsidedown:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• Senior Reefer

i wont do badly lah >.< most of my modules quite confident only for maths.... which tomorrow is a long practice day. -sigh- most of my module very biology and chemistry related. as logn as there's the passion, it will be easier. so don't need to worry so much lol. i know what's best for me :)

• Senior Reefer

Laboutei wrasse. escaped from my betta box last night :angry: not my usual protocol to release a wrasse straight into a tank without boxing first. good thing it's feeding like a horse. my solar wrasse seems to be EXTREMELY excited by its presense. not in an aggressive sense, but rather attracted to it? strange its of different species. solar swims along side the laboutei and flare very extensively, with gentle peckings, sorta like "kisses", but with no apparent fin or bodily damage. and the laboutei doesnt squirm at all...then again im not sure. signs of love and signs of hate in a fish world can be confusing at times.

post-15755-1266626711_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1266626717_thumb.jpg

Laboutei wrasse. escaped from my betta box last night :angry: not my usual protocol to release a wrasse straight into a tank without boxing first. good thing it's feeding like a horse. my solar wrasse seems to be EXTREMELY excited by its presense. not in an aggressive sense, but rather attracted to it? strange its of different species. solar swims along side the laboutei and flare very extensively, with gentle peckings, sorta like "kisses", but with no apparent fin or bodily damage. and the laboutei doesnt squirm at all...then again im not sure. signs of love and signs of hate in a fish world can be confusing at times.

Too bad no lineatus this time. But it's a good thing,cos lineatus can be quite aggressive like scotts, so it's a good thing u can add it last. For now u may still fall in love with other fairy that u may want to add, but if there's an established lineatus in the tank den it may be quite impossible to add further fairies.

• SRC Supporter

:) so u got your reserved fish finally... must see with my naked eyes soon... kaka

• Senior Reefer

gratz on your laboutei ketchup. they can get quite fierce in my experience. but individual fish. was there late so didnt get to choose from the original batch, but the one i got is extremely healthy. flashing and feeding very very well. IMO fairys are not hard to feed, but bigger sized specimens like these could have a little problem adapting to captive life. hope you got a beautiful one. i can't capture the colours of mine because of lousy cam. oh well. :D

• SRC Member
gratz on your laboutei ketchup. they can get quite fierce in my experience. but individual fish. was there late so didnt get to choose from the original batch, but the one i got is extremely healthy. flashing and feeding very very well. IMO fairys are not hard to feed, but bigger sized specimens like these could have a little problem adapting to captive life. hope you got a beautiful one. i can't capture the colours of mine because of lousy cam. oh well. :D

ya... was a bit concerned abt the size but since it's more or less max size so i think shd be fine... so far desi say it is ok... and hiding somemore.. lol..no shd not be bully i hope!

• Senior Reefer
ya... was a bit concerned abt the size but since it's more or less max size so i think shd be fine... so far desi say it is ok... and hiding somemore.. lol..no shd not be bully i hope!

give it some time. new fairy wrasses usually hide for a few days and slowly go out more until they become confident. never assume they wont be fierce just because they hide for awhile :( my solar wrasse was targetted and harrassed to the point of near death when it was first introduced. months later, he's now alpha and the boss. i hate that a $12 fish dominates my tank. why can't it be my rhomboid? but its all in the nature of the fish i guess :(

• SRC Supporter
hehe... so far ok... the one that really disappear is the 8 line... 6 line just hang around the elegance and the laboutei just swim around the whole tank... not shy liaoz..

orrr... so u r the other one who got the laboutei... now wonder who is the 3rd person???? :))))

• Senior Reefer

a big change shall happen starting from today. i'm going to change my tank to a soft coral dominated tank with a few hardier LPS. softies are very beautiful and are too underappreciated. am going to convert 90% of my tank to soft coral dominated.

of course, being a reefer who still likes nice corals, will still stock up my tank with nice gems. but soft coral gems :) little of the browns, and more of the lesser seen greens and other colours the softies can offer. this will also reduce maintenance and feeding.

• SRC Member
a big change shall happen starting from today. i'm going to change my tank to a soft coral dominated tank with a few hardier LPS. softies are very beautiful and are too underappreciated. am going to convert 90% of my tank to soft coral dominated.

of course, being a reefer who still likes nice corals, will still stock up my tank with nice gems. but soft coral gems :) little of the browns, and more of the lesser seen greens and other colours the softies can offer. this will also reduce maintenance and feeding.

Can be quite beautiful if you combine with gorgorian and other non-photosynthetic corals....and rics..of course..

l7304smr.jpg

• Senior Reefer
Can be quite beautiful if you combine with gorgorian and other non-photosynthetic corals....and rics..of course..

they are beautiful corals. soft coral tanks combine with some LPS can look gorgeous. i wont completely stop my LPS, but will go for the less aggressive ones like cynarinas, blasto etc. euphyllias will reduce.

soft coral can pack until tight tight with no fear of aggression too. nowadays tanks are all SPS based. hardly anyone care about softies nowadays. will be nice to dedicate a tank full of softies to showcase their beauty :) afterall, all this time i have been playing around with LPS. time for some change too. hehe. quite boring after awhile.