Lemon's tank!

yikai

• Senior Reefer
Rub eyes....no corals......sorry must have seen the wrong post....kidding la nice FTS!!!

Just did a rescape of my tank! no choice had to catch a fish that is a terror wrist! Now my tank looks funny am thinking how the hell am i gonna add more corals!

lolz. my FTS oso cant add more corals! same boat haha. rescaped to add more fishes. maybe more fish less corals also good keke.

lolz. my FTS oso cant add more corals! same boat haha. rescaped to add more fishes. maybe more fish less corals also good keke.

I cannot add anymore fishes! my 2 noen gobies went down the pipe! so sad! ai yah now am thinking shall i go lck again to get them again?

pls advice...

• SRC Member
my blue neon goby likes to clean the rhomboid and other fishes wether they ask for it or not. sometimes the rhomboid gets dam irritated and swim quickly to shake it off. but its like this since day 1. so there's no change in the situation so can rule this out. the neon goby doesnt rest on rocks anyway, free swimming fish much like a cleaner wrasse. i dunno why this is so, but you should have seen it the last time u came. it never rests.. so he offers cleaning services like a cleaner wrasse. my fishes don't like

no dropsy. its quite obvious if seen against the light and from the side. frayed scales puffing out. rhomboid's body is fine, no missing scales, no puffing scales.

never see him poo recently. never pay attention. but his stomach quite fat from the picture. he should be a naturally fat fish since i feed them alot.

the only thing worrying me was the 2 whole days of food abstainence... a healthy and stable fish refusing food for 2 days suddenly out of nowhere doesn't sound right to me. the occasional swimming with head tilting downwards also worries me. tilts for about 1-2 seconds. realised most wrasses especially fairies, do swim at a 45 degree angle at times, though not all the time. so dunno wether there's any cause for concern or not.

he's feeding again and active once more... colouration is dramatically improving too, though hard to capture with a phone camera. not sure if there's anything wrong in the first place...but being an expensive fish, can't close one eye on this kinda things.

keep a look out on the cleaners activity.

but it seem to me its not. watch the stool to confirm what you need to do next.

all the best.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Supporter
my rhomboid... gave me a very big scare when he refused to eat and stopped for 2 days. had a little "bloated" tummy...... was so scared it was the inevitable disease most wrasses die from. but has been with me for 5 months now and its super healthy and stable. so though nothing much about that.

thought it was constipation so fed him some peas. after 2 days he's back to his old self, feeding and swimming around actively. however can't shake off the fact that this isnt over.... yet. must keep 2,3 4 FIVE eyes on him.. sometimes he swims with his tilted downwards a little...... very worried it might be something dire, or it could be i feed him too much and he's just too fat...

either way, nothing i can do now except observe. one thing i do know is he's getting better in terms of colouration. both pectoral fins are developing a tinge of red, and his tail is starting to develop the infamous maze like markings that all rhomboids posess. the lower half of his body is purple most of the time now, compared to last time where it remained yellow. hope nothing's wrong with it :(

this is always a common problem for wrasse.

the problem often arise after constantly adding of deep water wrasse.

forums and websites can tell u one thousand and one reasons and cure but end of the day u tried so hard and you will still find yourself loosing that piece of art.

for once,u will think you did not try hard enough to treat it. honestly the recommanded treatment provided or rather created maynot even be tested or never ever work before.

thats very sad for both us and the fish :eyeblur::cry2:

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• Senior Reefer
this is always a common problem for wrasse.

the problem often arise after constantly adding of deep water wrasse.

forums and websites can tell u one thousand and one reasons and cure but end of the day u tried so hard and you will still find yourself loosing that piece of art.

for once,u will think you did not try hard enough to treat it. honestly the recommanded treatment provided or rather created maynot even be tested or never ever work before.

thats very sad for both us and the fish :eyeblur::cry2:

mm. the only deep water wrasse i added after the rhomboid is the flame, which is doing very well. to be honest my tank was quite wrasse-less for a very long time. with the rhombod and solar being the only 2 fairy i had. now after adding flame wrasse, i only have 3 fairys. rhomboid, flame and solar. want to expand my collection but vanuatu and fiji shipments are all unavailable country wide. that's why so little.

previous wrasse collection kinda died off after i came back from overseas, ever since then slowly collecting again. so don't think its the "constantly" part, unless i so suay the one and only flame wrasse i added is the black sheep lol.

the rhomboid looks better today, stomach back to normal and swimming around. shall not feed for 1 day to let all metabolic activities rest from the heavy feeding over the weekend.

• Senior Reefer

decided to try white xenias again. much harder than the conventional brown ones. have revolved my whole reefing life to these corals....absolutely my favourite. however, they always grow out of control, and all die for no reason one day. so i keep finding myself replacing them. no idea why they're like that. have all parameters in favour of xenias, and being my favourite coral, read too much on them already. nothing much i don't already know, except why they crash for no reason.

anyway, here's 1 more try on them. hope they grow and continue growing!! and not crash for no reason -.-

had to rearrange some corals for them. very lush and dymanic. little wonder why i love them so much. just put them in so not much polyp extension

post-15755-1265722733_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1265722740_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

and my new fish. have been thinking of adding a powder blue for some time now... just haven had the chance to come across a decent specimen. i.e, one without obvious disease, to the point of starvation, or simply too big. today found a right sized one, maybe slightly smaller than 3 inch. feeding at the shop, and was stable. with no sign of severe white spots. always felt that a 3ft tank might still be a stretch for tangs, but given the new scape with plenty of swimming space, thought i'll give the PBT a try.

still a little shy, so here's some paparazzi shots of it.

post-15755-1265722919_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1265722941_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member
and my new fish. have been thinking of adding a powder blue for some time now... just haven had the chance to come across a decent specimen. i.e, one without obvious disease, to the point of starvation, or simply too big. today found a right sized one, maybe slightly smaller than 3 inch. feeding at the shop, and was stable. with no sign of severe white spots. always felt that a 3ft tank might still be a stretch for tangs, but given the new scape with plenty of swimming space, thought i'll give the PBT a try.

still a little shy, so here's some paparazzi shots of it.

AHhhhh.. love the PBT!! the White xenia looks nice also... hopes it survive this time!

• Senior Reefer
AHhhhh.. love the PBT!! the White xenia looks nice also... hopes it survive this time!

thanks. believe it or not, i really disliked this fish initially. because of the weird black face and eye and mouth, reminded me of a geisha. the only thing i absolutely love about it, is the gorgeous powder blue colouration. even nicer than blue tang. there arent many blue fishes around if you notice, except damsels.

i love the chubby looking white pelvic and ana| fins. it looks really cute like wearing some kinda shoe or boots.... and the yellow dorsal is striking. slowly grew a liking towards the face too.... but the overall charm of this fish ended up winning me over. to cut the grandmother story, TADA! haha

• SRC Member
still got summore zoas, but not opened yet. so save it for another day.

Wow...how many zoas did you get this time round??? Got 2 open and some still not opened... :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member
haha errm...about 5 different types.

How come u always buy so many zoas??? :upsidedown: And you tank is never full??? :whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

haha errm...about 5 different types.

bloody envy...... students these days can have such deep pockets......

hey show pics!!!!

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

hey show pics!!!!

He show 2 already lah... :eyebrow:

The other three, I'm guessing are much nicer ones so he will show tomorrow...when they open... :whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

How come u always buy so many zoas??? :upsidedown: And you tank is never full??? :whistle

another doremon tank.....

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

• Senior Reefer

Thats not very true. my tank is very full. just need to plan space well. 1 big rock of zoas, i only bring home at least 10 polyps or more. the rest are shared with other reefers chionging with me during shipment, or with other friends.

i also lump all corals that are the same kind and put them together. to save space :)

and lastly, corals that are not doing well or are dying, will be donated away to my friends who can bring them back to health.

some corals can tolerate each other pretty well despite being in different families. as my tank is mainly LPS and softies, all softies i let them touch each other. Some LPS can touch softies with no apparent damage.

sometimes i can take 1 hour just to put a few corals :( coz too full :/

too bad u stay in east, else can tompang you to get some... :P

• Senior Reefer

hey show pics!!!!

i seldom buy whole rocks of zoas for myself....ridiculous as its way too ex. what i do is split amongst other reefers there and bring home a small piece for myself, from each of the rock. so i get 5 types at small sizes, and price is shared.

this i find, is a great money saving method. you get to have the best of everything but yet, pay much much less. this is the "student" way of reefing for me.

• SRC Member
i seldom buy whole rocks of zoas for myself....ridiculous as its way too ex. what i do is split amongst other reefers there and bring home a small piece for myself, from each of the rock. so i get 5 types at small sizes, and price is shared.

this i find, is a great money saving method. you get to have the best of everything but yet, pay much much less. this is the "student" way of reefing for me.

Wah...sibei smart... :eyebrow: But these US zoas that you got tdy is whole rock rite??? :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
too bad u stay in east, else can tompang you to get some... :P

Jacky, thought u going to do rescaping tomorrow and you are going for more fish less corals??? Still want to get more huh??? :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• Senior Reefer
Wah...sibei smart... :eyebrow: But these US zoas that you got tdy is whole rock rite??? :eyebrow:

nope. only the indo zoas come in big rocks. which is good since its easy to frag.

US zoas come in mats are are not attached to rocks. even easier to frag. however i did not get any as they were too ex for me. 6 red notes. and none of them were opening up just now, so no idea what colours they came in. didnt take risk.

• SRC Member