Lemon's tank!

yikai

• Senior Reefer
I like your flamey... :)

thanks! there's some at LCK. really nice.

Lemon, nice placement of colours... like what others said - pleasing and soothing :)

thanks cedric. your tank is really nice too :)

some pictures on the updates scape. actually it looks kinda ugly now....but i think it will look better when coraline grows over the pale rocks and once i reshuffle the few lose pieces of corals, and add summore.

i really like the openess of it now.

yo Lemon, the new scape definitely feels a lot roomier! though 'lesser' space for corals, i'm sure you'll can fill them up with 'gems'.

hope i'm not throwing a wet blanket, but visually, does it feel 'heavier' on the left?

nonetheless, still a very improvement over the old one.

:)

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

• Senior Reefer
yo Lemon, the new scape definitely feels a lot roomier! though 'lesser' space for corals, i'm sure you'll can fill them up with 'gems'.

hope i'm not throwing a wet blanket, but visually, does it feel 'heavier' on the left?

nonetheless, still a very improvement over the old one.

:)

yes its heavier on the left no doubt. but can't do anything about that. i have done all i can to lessen the rock structure, but the left is untouchable. unless a complete rescape on the left part which will be very difficult to do, since most of the corals are epoxied on and it will be alot of work. especially for the zoas and mushrooms which have spread to the base rock...

what i will do is put some bigger corals on the right to try and balance it out. maybe a big torch coral to create movement and also to make the right side seem less n-aked..

yes its heavier on the left no doubt. but can't do anything about that. i have done all i can to lessen the rock structure, but the left is untouchable. unless a complete rescape on the left part which will be very difficult to do, since most of the corals are epoxied on and it will be alot of work. especially for the zoas and mushrooms which have spread to the base rock...

what i will do is put some bigger corals on the right to try and balance it out. maybe a big torch coral to create movement and also to make the right side seem less n-aked..

Ur tank's very nice. Much better than before. The right side looks better now. There's actually something to look at rather than that betta box.. =D i love that flame wrasse of yours.. can sell me when i get a tank? :eyebrow: eh u didnt use the new betta box that u bought that day?

• Senior Reefer
Ur tank's very nice. Much better than before. The right side looks better now. There's actually something to look at rather than that betta box.. =D i love that flame wrasse of yours.. can sell me when i get a tank? :eyebrow: eh u didnt use the new betta box that u bought that day?

the new betta box is big. i using old one becoz its smaller just to house some lose frags. lol FLAME WRASSE!! kk lah when u set up ur tank i help u.

• Senior Reefer
Hey bro,

can I have some of ur Sunkists, if u r fragging? Love the cheery colour! :-)

sorry my bad. its called mandarin oranges. sunkists are a totally different kind. sure! if i'm fragging i will let you know :) i typo lol. my bad for the misunderstanding :P

• SRC Member
the new betta box is big. i using old one becoz its smaller just to house some lose frags. lol FLAME WRASSE!! kk lah when u set up ur tank i help u.

Maybe you can consider to use a frag station instead , than to use a betta box to house your frags. This shd give u more space..

• Senior Reefer
Maybe you can consider to use a frag station instead , than to use a betta box to house your frags. This shd give u more space..

i used the betta box because some of the frags inside consists of lose polyps of mushroom corals. they float away really easily so a betta box works fine for the time being. otherwise my frag station will be used.

• SRC Supporter
i used the betta box because some of the frags inside consists of lose polyps of mushroom corals. they float away really easily so a betta box works fine for the time being. otherwise my frag station will be used.

haha.. i m also using a betta box for some runaway mushrooms n small zoas frag.. :)

U managed to get the Flame Wrasse from Irwana recently????

• Senior Reefer

my very very fat mandarin fish eating pellets from a betta box :) this is my very first fish i ever bought, together with a pair of clowns and a pair of cardinals. so far, the only 1 i have left that is still with me. extreme sentimental value and i will never sell it even for $200 :) no sign of a sunken stomach

post-15755-1265022733_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1265023190_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1265023195_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

:upsidedown: WOW !!!...quick quick...$ell to moi-moi lah. :eyebrow:

my very very fat mandarin fish eating pellets from a betta box :) this is my very first fish i ever bought, together with a pair of clowns and a pair of cardinals. so far, the only 1 i have left that is still with me. extreme sentimental value and i will never sell it even for $200 :) no sign of a sunken stomach

some pictures on the updates scape. actually it looks kinda ugly now....but i think it will look better when coraline grows over the pale rocks and once i reshuffle the few lose pieces of corals, and add summore.

i really like the openess of it now.

Nice collection of wrasse & nice scaping! :rolleyes:

Tank Size: 3 x 3 x 2 with 3.5ft cabinet

• SRC Member

agree with you..

same goes for my purple firefish..

from the first batch of fish that i bought,

he's the only one left from my first batch..

still very fat and healthy,

will never ever sell it no matter what..

sentimental value.. haha..

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

agree with you..

same goes for my purple firefish..

from the first batch of fish that i bought,

he's the only one left from my first batch..

still very fat and healthy,

will never ever sell it no matter what..

sentimental value.. haha..

These fishes that survive from initial tank setup are very very hardy.

should keep them regardless. They are like commando- trained already.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

Haiz... I having the same dilemma. I wonder if i should put my tomato clown and boxer shrimp in my main tank.. sentimental reasons make me unwilling to sell/give away these 2.... However, i also worry my tomato clown may bully my small black osci (though they unlikely to go near the BTA as not natural host).

• SRC Member

Yeah...the mandarin still there...and getting fatter... :P

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member
whoever is interested can take a look....seldom see such a well fed mandarin...its BMI is definitely on the high risk range...

Its BMI should be beyond OBESE... :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.