Lemon's tank!

yikai

• Senior Reefer

a harem of female and juvenile flashers, led by my male P. Flavianalis. the females, if im not wrong, are filamented flashers... i do have a male 1, but it does not seem to be interested in the females. the group is mismatched :/

but its awesome to see a group of fishes hovering above the reef with the male constantly flaring. pictures do no justice.

post-15755-1263695014_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1263695019_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1263695026_thumb.jpg

a harem of female and juvenile flashers, led by my male P. Flavianalis. the females, if im not wrong, are filamented flashers... i do have a male 1, but it does not seem to be interested in the females. the group is mismatched :/

but its awesome to see a group of fishes hovering above the reef with the male constantly flaring. pictures do no justice.

Will be more awesome if you have a lionfish hovering and prowling ard with the flasher darting in and out.... :eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow: jst jking :upsidedown:

• Senior Reefer
Will be more awesome if you have a lionfish hovering and prowling ard with the flasher darting in and out.... :eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow: jst jking :upsidedown:

haha!! wah that will really be awesome. always loved lionfishes....so graceful..

O.O WRASSE! WRASSE!!!!!!

I ALSO WANT WRASSES!!!

:) cheap flashers. affordable and nice

• SRC Supporter

Nice to see your tank full of corals and Beautiful Flashers.. :eyebrow:

haha lemon sooner or later we'll notice a flasher wrasse BOOMZ!!! Its like the prata craze long time ago!! reefers were pratically crazy about it and the prices all when sky high..

• Senior Reefer

the harem of juvenile/female flashers really really bring the tank together. currently i have 4 different species of adult male flashers. P. mccoskeri, carpenteri, filamentosus, and flavianalis. these 4 males are consistantly flashing at the harem of females to gain their attention.

that said, its amazing to see so many species not fighting but flashing together. hope this maintains even when the harem grows bigger

even though the females/juveniles are of different species lol.

• Senior Reefer

better pics of my flasher harem. this one showing only 1 male flavianalis. my new favourite "item" in my tank now <3

move too fast so my noob cam can only capture using flash! :angry:

post-15755-1263722940_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1263722946_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer
err how cheap are they ?? below $10 each?

And what light do you use? :rolleyes:

flashers are cheap. all below $10. for bigger alpha sized ones, $12 or $15 at different LFS.

the small juveniles/females i got them at $6 each. kinda expensive since they're so small, but worth it IMO since u rarely see them at this size.

• SRC Member
flashers are cheap. all below $10. for bigger alpha sized ones, $12 or $15 at different LFS.

the small juveniles/females i got them at $6 each. kinda expensive since they're so small, but worth it IMO since u rarely see them at this size.

whao ! that are good pricing! what about CF ? high chance that they are higher right?

Lemon Bro, can add so many huh ?will it fight ???

• Senior Reefer
Lemon Bro, can add so many huh ?will it fight ???

they wont fight because in the wild, these fishes are haremic. 1 alpha male leading a group of subordinate males, females and juveniles. in my tank i tried to replicate it. it works so far. however, i do have 4 male flashers of different species. they don't fight at all, but they do display to each other.

same goes to fairy wrasses. but i'm trying to create a harem of wrasses, and since flashers are cheap and readily available, i decided to start off with flashers. ideally, i would love to do it for fairies, but the females and juveniles are even harder to find as compared to flashers.

they wont fight because in the wild, these fishes are haremic. 1 alpha male leading a group of subordinate males, females and juveniles. in my tank i tried to replicate it. it works so far. however, i do have 4 male flashers of different species. they don't fight at all, but they do display to each other.

same goes to fairy wrasses. but i'm trying to create a harem of wrasses, and since flashers are cheap and readily available, i decided to start off with flashers. ideally, i would love to do it for fairies, but the females and juveniles are even harder to find as compared to flashers.

Bro ,where to buy ???

• Senior Reefer
Bro ,where to buy ???

males are available almost in all LFS and very commonly found in indo,phillipines shipment. except mccosker's which is rare and only CF brings in these days. females and juveniles that i show in the pictures are hard to find. this is my first time seeing such small specimens so i took a chance and bought all.

they are timid fishes so take your time to introduce them to your tank. i find betta boxing them for a few days works best if u have many fishes in your tank that might scare them.

males are available almost in all LFS and very commonly found in indo,phillipines shipment. except mccosker's which is rare and only CF brings in these days. females and juveniles that i show in the pictures are hard to find. this is my first time seeing such small specimens so i took a chance and bought all.

they are timid fishes so take your time to introduce them to your tank. i find betta boxing them for a few days works best if u have many fishes in your tank that might scare them.

CF at Lck right ? maybe go down tomorrow lunch time btw how to see male & female.... :paiseh:

• Senior Reefer
CF at Lck right ? maybe go down tomorrow lunch time btw how to see male & female.... :paiseh:

cf replenish new stock of flashers today. some of them quite big and "alpha", especially the carpenter's.

females are uniform red, smaller, no patterns, no colours, and the fins do not have the filaments. they are very very seldom imported because they are very dull and boring. females look like juveniles too. u can see the picture of the harem of flashers i posted. all the small ones are females.

cf replenish new stock of flashers today. some of them quite big and "alpha", especially the carpenter's.

females are uniform red, smaller, no patterns, no colours, and the fins do not have the filaments. they are very very seldom imported because they are very dull and boring. females look like juveniles too. u can see the picture of the harem of flashers i posted. all the small ones are females.

:thanks::D ....

• Senior Reefer
What do flasher eat?

corals, SPS, shrimps, prata, clams, LPS, zoas but their favourite is the flesh of other fish.

just kidding..

flashers are mid water planktivores and they are very easy to feed. mysis, flakes, pellets, brine shrimp etc..... if they are comfortable and not timid anymore, they can be very greedy fishes and are extremely easy to feed.

• Senior Reefer

can't help but feel like i'm advertising these fishes..................

before buying please do research and make sure ur tank is suitable for them.... tank size, occupants etc.