Lemon's tank!

yikai

3rd, 4th and 5th pieces :P shared with friend.

!!! wow 3 pieces?

friend or friends???

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member
haha. errm. friend :P

3rd, 4th and 5th pieces??? So u got 2 pieces or ur friend got 2 pieces??? :eyebrow:

How many polyps did yours have??? Mine doesn't have many, ard 30 odd only and mixed with some other zoas... :whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• Senior Reefer
3rd, 4th and 5th pieces??? So u got 2 pieces or ur friend got 2 pieces??? :eyebrow:

How many polyps did yours have??? Mine doesn't have many, ard 30 odd only and mixed with some other zoas... :whistle

lazy to count ah. should be same no?

• SRC Member
  • Senior Reefer
:o Sigh !...reminds moi of my past sweetie LUV. :(

how can you compare!! lol. yours is clearly so much more alpha! the last picture is amazing. the gold dots extend all the way from head to tail, and there is so much purple! hope mine gets to that standard one day :)

So you got a gem from GO!! Sweet!

hehe sure did :P

• SRC Member
P. lineopunctatus flashing. bro raydiative now u know what a flashing wrasse looks like.

the normal colour is just a dull red. the blue only appears in nuptial flashing males.

yes.. now i see..hhahaha.. now i know why you guys are into wrasse.. haha

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

• Senior Reefer

Still looking for a decent specimen of the red tail flasher wrasse. Paracheilinus Rubricaudalis. only come in fiji and vanuatu shipments. saw a group of them in iwarna's previous fiji shipment, but was put off by the condition. these are one of the 2 other wrasses that look almost identical to mccosker. the other being paracheilinus flavianalis.

post-15755-1263294447_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1263294458_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

nice McCoskerii bro, i'm in the search for a flaring partner for mine.. my dad's one MIA liao.. haha..

• Senior Reefer
nice McCoskerii bro, i'm in the search for a flaring partner for mine.. my dad's one MIA liao.. haha..

thanks, camera lousy lah! as for flaring partner, actually if you don't mind, u can gather together a group of male flashers such as P. carpenteri, P. lineopunctatus, P. filamentosus. They flare very well amongst their same family members. but proper introduction to prevent them from fighting.

actually, many people going for fairy only tank. perhaps a flasher only tank will be unique and stand out more. as for me, i cant resist the beauty of fairys and flashers. so going to to mix both cirrhilabrus and paracheilinus.

i too am looking for a flaring partner for my male rhomboid. perhaps a female next rhomboid shipment from iwarna.

anyway, ahbeng and iwarna occasionally come in alpha standard flashers. carpenter's and filamentosus quite common.

post-15755-1263295965.jpg

post-15755-1263295971_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

yupps you are right bro, i'm actually looking for P. lineopunctatus like the one u acquired, damn swee!

filamentosus and carpenteri just doesnt appeal to me! loses in comparison to McCoskerii.. :(

• Senior Reefer
yupps you are right bro, i'm actually looking for P. lineopunctatus like the one u acquired, damn swee!

filamentosus and carpenteri just doesnt appeal to me! loses in comparison to McCoskerii.. :(

lineopunctatus is very similar to P. cyaneus, just that lineopunctatus has a round tail while the latter has a forked looking tail. they are a drab red and only looks nice when flashing though IMO.

carpenter and filamented can be very nice too. but yeah, lose to mccosker.

• SRC Member
lineopunctatus is very similar to P. cyaneus, just that lineopunctatus has a round tail while the latter has a forked looking tail. they are a drab red and only looks nice when flashing though IMO.

carpenter and filamented can be very nice too. but yeah, lose to mccosker.

bro what do u think if i have 2 McCosker males in one tank?

• Senior Reefer
bro what do u think if i have 2 McCosker males in one tank?

was toying around with that idea too. although possible in a bigger tank, i probaly will not suggest it. they either fight till 1 die, or 1 will revert to a female. if i'm not wrong...

actually have seen many people keep 2 male fairys together. no problem. but their tanks are large... 6ft onwards.

in a smaller tank i think they will fight. actually in the wild, a large harem of the particular wrasse will contain a supermale alpha, some immature males, and the rest females/juveniles.

think cannot simulate male + male in the tank? or maybe u can.... worth a try bah.

• Senior Reefer

my virgin sps frag! seriatopora hystrix. pink bird nest!

thanks cedricang for this. really appreciate it. temporarily resting on my magnet holder.. will epoxy it to glass/rock when tomorrow/friday. will be my "test" to see if i can sustain SPS. :P

post-15755-1263398538_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1263398546_thumb.jpg

my virgin sps frag! seriatopora hystrix. pink bird nest!

thanks cedricang for this. really appreciate it. temporarily resting on my magnet holder.. will epoxy it to glass/rock when tomorrow/friday. will be my "test" to see if i can sustain SPS. :P

I bet tomorrow drop already. :upsidedown:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Supporter
haha. errm. friend :P

got frag remember to sell me ok? but please dont sell me at sky high price please,i know how much u got it at ! :P

jokes aside,no $ for ex coral lah haha!!

oh btw,if can package with a frag of your rhomboid then i can afford the high price ;)

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed