Lemon's tank!

yikai

• Senior Reefer
NICE!! looks like fireworks if you can imagine! are the polyps green?

i found 1 extremely neon glow in the dark green stem and green tip 1. but its with a friend now because my tank too small hehe. that leather is killer. the ones i got are white and dull green

Blue polyp? :rolleyes:

blue where! pa jiao! white lei :D

WHO SAID LEATHERS WERE UGLY? well i did before being poisoned by FuEl.

now im a changed person. leathers are beautiful.

wow...i din noe tat leathers can be so beautiful

Main tank: 4.5 x 2.5 x 2
Skimmer: Deltec AP701
Return pump: RD 6

Chiller: Daikin compressor with Titanium coil
Wavemaker: Jebao w-20, Maxspect Gyre xf150

Lighting: 8x54 ATI Sunpower Non-dimmable

Linked tank
Main tank: 2 x 1 x 2
Return: Eheim 1260
Lighting: AI Hydra 26 with controller
Wavemaker: Tunze 6025
My decommed 3 ft setup

• SRC Member

bro any update on your meleagris leopard? i'm thinking of getting 1.. dunno if it's peaceful with my flasher ornot.. :unsure:

• Senior Reefer
bro any update on your meleagris leopard? i'm thinking of getting 1.. dunno if it's peaceful with my flasher ornot.. :unsure:

bro leopards have no problem with other wrasses. that's usually the case. even if got, it should be okay between different families. only thing u might look out for is other flashers and fairys since they are quite closely related.

as for my meleagris, it was a goood healthy feeding specimen. but lost it after my trip to thailand because her appearance throughout the day was inconsistant with my friend's feeding timing. thats the problem with sand wrasses... sometimes their timing is quite screwed

• SRC Member
bro leopards have no problem with other wrasses. that's usually the case. even if got, it should be okay between different families. only thing u might look out for is other flashers and fairys since they are quite closely related.

as for my meleagris, it was a goood healthy feeding specimen. but lost it after my trip to thailand because her appearance throughout the day was inconsistant with my friend's feeding timing. thats the problem with sand wrasses... sometimes their timing is quite screwed

ic ic, its beauty has been underated.. i'm taking a liking to it.. :) hopefully it will induce flashing from my Mccosker.. will it?

ic ic, its beauty has been underated.. i'm taking a liking to it.. :) hopefully it will induce flashing from my Mccosker.. will it?

usually fairy wrasses will induce flashing more. marcopharyngodon wrasses are more to themselves kinda fishes. btw where did u get ur mccosker? looking to get one also.

Hooked since March 2009

• Senior Reefer

very true. its beauty is underrated. as to wether it wil get ur mccosker flashing, depends on the mccosker or leopard itself. if it wants to chase the leopard

and flash at it, then it will. if the leopard wants to kachiow it and thus induce flashing, it will get the flasher flashing too. no hard and fast rule. the only thing is, that ur mcosker will get more aggressive towards members of its own species like other flashers, or maybe even other fairies.

usually fairy wrasses will induce flashing more. marcopharyngodon wrasses are more to themselves kinda fishes. btw where did u get ur mccosker? looking to get one also.

not very true. although leopard wrasses keep to themselves often, if the mccosker decides to use it as a flashing target, then indirectly the leopard is causing the flashing. there's always two parties to consider in this kind of situations.

to bro vtsnowman, it will be best if u get another fairy/ flasher, which reacts back to ur mccosker. and both wrasses engage in perpetual flashing/ flaring. my P.lineopunctatus was an extremely terminal alpha, with dorsal filaments extending past its tail. he flashed day and nigh non stop at every fish, including damsels. this proves that not only wrasses can stimulate flashing.

secondly, if the fish reacts and flashes back, both fishes will get excited and continue this behaviour more. this is sadly, not the case for my P.linopunctatus. the tankmates were oblivious to its flashing and did not react at all. in a few months, my flasher lost interest and slowly began morphing back to a regular male and its brilliant long trailing filaments were shortened.

moral of story, flashing of your mccosker is not enough. its best to get another wrasse to engage and react. this will result in long term holding of colour and sustaining the terminal phase. or you could add a harem of female mccoskers. that will too, keep him busy

My new target is to achieve this phenomena for my male rhomboidfrom digiman. its the largest fairy in my tank currently and its colours have improved slightly when i first got it. favourite target of his is flame hawk. have seen him flaring and extending his fins many times. its funny when rhomboids do this, their "chin" tends to flatten out to make themselves look bigger. so far no flashing is seen with my rhomboid. no matter how many wrasses i have in my tank, and i do have quite a collection, it does not seem to get him interested. Perhaps making him the only wrasse and pampering him with tons of food and simulate "king" like behaviour will yield me my desired target. the rhomboid is already terminal size at around 3.5inches to 4inch. purple has developed past his pectoral fins and along his dorsal line and an@l fin region. dorsal fin has a thick black outline too. just need the flashing..

• SRC Member

very interesting and insightful.. thanks bro Lemon, been a great help.. ;)

bro HellBliss, i got it from CF, still have some left.. quick go grab it.. haha.. :lol:

• Senior Reefer
very interesting and insightful.. thanks bro Lemon, been a great help.. ;)

bro HellBliss, i got it from CF, still have some left.. quick go grab it.. haha.. :lol:

your welcome. the family of labridae is a wonderful family of fishes. second largest family of fishes, losing to gobies at number 1. wonderful addition to reefs.

• SRC Member
Here's a pic to celebrate your 100th page of lemon goodness... :eyebrow:

bengzzzz :upsidedown:

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member
  • Senior Reefer

just some updates for the week.

a number of new "rare" zoassss,

mccosker's flasher! waited so long, but its worth every minute. congrats to those whom have gotten them too! dont worry, i picked the best ones for you guys.

a colony of purple deaths which i found in a boring indo shipment in one of the farms ;) waiting for it to colour up. till then, i'm 75% sure they are purple deaths

maybe some photos tomorrow.

• SRC Member

:upsidedown: Quick...Quick...PM moi the source...Mr Undertaker needs some 'purple rosies' for his botanical ZOA-Garden. :eyebrow:

just some updates for the week.

a number of new "rare" zoassss,

mccosker's flasher! waited so long, but its worth every minute. congrats to those whom have gotten them too! dont worry, i picked the best ones for you guys.

a colony of purple deaths which i found in a boring indo shipment in one of the farms ;) waiting for it to colour up. till then, i'm 75% sure they are purple deaths

maybe some photos tomorrow.